Documentaries

Chreees

I liked Blackfish, but lets be honest, it was a little bit of a biased viewpoint. I'm a fan of objective documentaries and there was just a bit too much hearsay and opinion in Blackfish for it to have any REAL merit. But, that being said, I enjoyed it and it did bring up some valid point (albeit blatantly obvious ones, like, you probably shouldn't try to contain a giant sea creature into a swimming pool).

i also just watched this with erica like 3 weeks ago i think it was a good documentary but like aeon said some of its just hersay, but they still shouldn't keep the whales in such small tanks most of their lives make them a bigger pool atleast. its terrible. i am sure that sea world does A LOT for saving the water creatures and lots of donations and what not but the dont treat their whales and dolphins to well.

I watched More Than Honey last night, it's a docu about bee's. It had some of the nicest looking macro-videography I've ever seen and I learned some stuff, not great, but certainly worth watching!

East to West, available on Netflix: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/East_to_West/70258569?trkid=13630398

"This documentary tells the true story of the birth and flourishing of civilisation in the Middle East and its huge influence on the West. For crucial phases in world history, the political, economic and cultural centre was the Middle East."

It's in 7 hour-long episodes, but it's a good overview of how the Western world really began in the Middle East.

East to West, available on Netflix: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/East_to_West/70258569?trkid=13630398

"This documentary tells the true story of the birth and flourishing of civilisation in the Middle East and its huge influence on the West. For crucial phases in world history, the political, economic and cultural centre was the Middle East."

It's in 7 hour-long episodes, but it's a good overview of how the Western world really began in the Middle East.

I'm going to have to watch this one and Blackfish soon.