Cactus Pear

art_official

Cactus Pear

Cut- small, almost diced pieces, several stems

Smell- lets just say my trunk smelled like a fruit stand for the rest of the week

Heat Configuration- one 3k broken in quarters, placed on the edge and then moved toward the center as hte smoke prolonged

Smoke- pretty nice, id categorize it under the 'Billowing Clouds' category

Taste- definetly a taste which was present throughout the smoke...about 65-70 minutes, really nice rich fruity flavor

Buzz- non existent for me but thats coming from someone who smokes cigs and tangiers every day

Overall- 8.5/10 not a lot of buzz, but a taste that makes itself worth the price, i love the easy to use packaging it comes in as well. Edited by art_official

• 10 months later...
Fusion Cactus Pear

Setup: 22" Egyptian w/ Standard Bowl and Exoticas

Cut: Nice mid-grade cut, didnt get any stems out of it. Very wet as well for a 50g box. Easy to pack. 10/10

Smell: Sweet fruitiness. If I had a cactus pear to compare it to, it would probably be pretty similar if not dead on. 9/10

Flavor: Very sweet smoke. Easy on the tastebuds. Tastes like what I think a cactus pear should taste like. 9/10

Buzz: Made the light a little brighter. Kind of a 2 beers on a partially full stomach kind of buzz. Relaxing. 7.5/10

Duration: Lasted the full 30 mins that we smoked it before we wanted to go inside. I still had unburned shisha in the bowl and it would have lasted an hour had we kept going. 9/10

Over all: Very nice shisha. Great full sweet flavor. Very well made. Worth picking up a 50 because it's just as wet and juicy as a 250g box. 9.5/10

• 4 weeks later...
Purchased: 50g Cactus pear Fusion

Apparatus: 32" with ice in base. I used cheap self-lighting discs broken into 3 chunks, worked well.

When I opened it, the shisha was almost indistinguishable from al-waha. There were a few (3) pieces of stem in the bag, nothing to cry about. Very moist.

This smoked up a lot. I don't know if I got an extremely good bag, but this was insane. About 20min in I had to pull off the coal for a sec because it was burning, my fault. When the coal went back on it was perfect and lasted another 40min. This was a true hour-long, and I smoke a lot.

Delicious; I don't know what I like about it, but I'm getting more. I will admit it is a bit odd, some people will like it, others won't. This isn't something to use for a friend's introductory smoke (strawberry is a guaranteed victory. biggrin.gif )

This gave me a palpable buzz, and considering I smoke cigarettes... good stuff. (I did smoke it alone) Edited by GinsuGuy585

Fusion Cactus Pear

Setup: 32" MZ, Standard Egyptian Bowl, Nammor Hose, water w/ ice, Easy Lite Jap Coals, tinfoil

Look: Very similar to Starbuzz. Medium cut with no stems. Nice golden color that smells like it looks.

Smell: Sweet, tangy, and reminiscently fruity. Can't describe it but definitely delicious.

Flavor: Very sweet with a special, unique kind of taste to it. Not soapy as some people have reported cause of Fusion's glycerine happy use. Smiley's has nothing on Fusion!

Smoke: Insanely thick. Blew some of the thickest O's I ever have.

Buzz: Very relaxing buzz. Not as strong as a cigarette by any means but very relaxing.

Duration: Lasted an hour with two of us with non stop smoking. Upon taking off the foil to load a new bowl, it was smoked to oblivion. Can't imagine how long this would last in a phunnel considering it still had fantastic flavor on a dead bowl.

Overall: One of my all time favorites. Thick ass smoke, great flavor, no stems, great buzz. Screw Starbuzz, Fusion anyday, everyday!

10/10!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Fusion Cactus Pear

Shisha Cut: Medium cut, plenty moist but not drippy, nearly stemless and the ones in there were so thin it was no use picking them out, beautiful golden natural tobacco color. Easily the most visually appealing shisha I've ever seen.

Hookah Type: 22" Egyptian

Duration: 1 1/2 hours

Bowl: Small Super Chief

Foil / Screen: 1 Layer of Reynolds HD foil

Coal / Amount: 3/4 of an Exotica stick broken into 3 pieces

Smoke: Nice thick clouds, like a smoke bomb in the base! LOL

Buzz: Nice buzz, not Nakhla or Al Waha buzz but very nice.

Smell / Flavor: Had a nice sweet fruit smell. I have never tasted or smelled a cactus pear before so I wouldn't know if it smelled like one or not! LOL Tasted like it smelled, sweet and fruity.

Rating (1 to 10): The elusive perfect 10! dance.gif No dyes to stain my hands, no stems big enough to pick out, Juicy but not drippy, nice sweet fruit taste for the whole session. Awesome smoke! This was from a 50g size pack too! I need to get 250g of this.

• 1 month later...
Brand and Flavor: Fusion Cactus Pear

Shisha Cut: semi fine cut/ few stems / very moist but not drippy

Hookah Type: KM Hafa

Duration: 2hrs

Bowl: Tangiers Med Super Chief

Foil / Screen: Foil

Coal / Amount: 1 3K spilt in half on each side of the bowl

Smoke: Very thick smoke, Good flavor

Buzz: Little buzz. Nothing to over powering

Smell / Flavor: Smell is kinda hard to explain. I smell the pear with what I guess what cactus would smell like. Very good flavor. Kinda sweet but not overwhelming

Rating (1 to 10): 10/10 def going to be adding more of this to my collection