Al Fakheer Cola review

Now this was a very pleasant surprise for me,that kinda brought me back to my childhood.When I first came to USA there were these waxed candies shaped like bottles that came in I think 6 packs with different flavors,one was cola,man I loved these things,LOL.The Al Fakheer cola reminds me of that taste.It's not a Pepsi or Cocacola but more of a cola syrup.When I was a kid in England I remember getting very sick and the doctor  gave me Coca-cola syrup which I think was the original formula<coca leaves>I think the medicinal syrup still has cocaine in it to this day,but it's that flavor that the Al Fakheer reminds me of.
This is a change of pace smoke,but a highly recommended one,probably doesnt mix well with other flavors.I didnt nose hit this one,my second in command was in the room <she just doesnt understand>and smoking with me.I would recommend trying a 50g box especially if you're looking for a different taste or just like cola.

[quote name='Gamaliel']When I was a kid in England I remember getting very sick and the doctor  gave me Coca-cola syrup which I think was the original formula<coca leaves>I think the medicinal syrup still has cocaine in it to this day,but it's that flavor that the Al Fakheer reminds me of.[/quote]
I don't know if anyone still uses cocaine medicinally, but Coca-Cola did contain small traces of cocaine until about 1929, but by that time it was only a trace amount.  In the 19th century though, before it was called Coca-Cola, the formula was called Dr. Pemberton's Elixer or somesuch, and was basically a kind of snakeoil cure-all, whose primary ingredient was a fairly healthy dose of cocaine.  People started drinking it as a "pick-me-up" and it sort of morphed into a recreational drink along the way.  Ironically, it was advertized as a "temperance drink" -- which is to say, socially acceptable because it was non-alcoholic!
I have a bottle from their competitor of the day, "Coca Mariani" on display in my dining room.  I've heard that several years ago they tested an intact bottle of Mariani for it's cocaine, and found it to have a content of about 7.2 mg.

• 6 years later...