Elmas 636 Luks Kafesli

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1354671985' post='563898']
Very, very nice dude, looks far better than the pics they sent. I tend to agree with you that this is up their as one of their 1 or 2 best looking. Mabrouk! (or as the Turks say, Tebrikler!)

Re: the glass, did you mean [b]amethyst?[/b]

Let us now how the Elmas "tozsuz nargile ve mangal kömürü" (dust-free nargile and barbecue charcoal) turns out!
[/quote]

thanks man

yeah good call lol.

I will, I prob won't be able to smoke it or any other hookah for that matter til after the holidays when sales slow down. As soon as I try them I will do a review.

that thing is so gorgeous, The pics really show the quality imo. Clean solid welds throughout the entire piece. Love the base.. does look black but with gold, it matches the pipe very well. Now i need to find some new pants!

[quote name='DatsDeGuy' timestamp='1354715854' post='563939']
I gotta agree, that looks totally awesome. I wonder how much you've spent on all of that?
[/quote]

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1353173028' post='561863']
$290 all said and done.
[/quote]

When you consider what you get though, $290 is a bargain. yes 290 is a lot of money but considering what it would cost in the states and considering what you get 290 is a solid deal imho. The vase alone weighs 5 pounds and is turkish crystal. When you consider the price on one of those running around 150 seeing the regular turk bell vases go for 100-120, and the hoses cost 45 that is 195 then add in the accessories say you are at 220 now, that leaves you with the stem costing 70. And that all includes shipping.

Nargilestore is a bargain even with shipping to the US. It's only expensive compared to buying in the Middle East. What would a Syrian pipe be that was that big, heavy and detailed? Easily $290 if not more

Shit... that is nice.

Worth every penny.

I rember the first time I ordered an elmas from germany.a 628...once I seen it with my own eyes and felt its heft and inspected its quality. I knew I would never buy anything but turkish nargiles from that moment on.

In terms of value...heck you get a windcover a epic hose 2 bowls. Good tongs. All those things are extra charge for american sold km's and crapola. Vases are better. Hell turkish crystal beats the pants of boho's.

Fukin epic order man...thanks for showing

Yes, the tongs are not AMAZING but they are nice compared to most tongs you receive.

As for the glass, the glass is very nice, in terms of weight and everything but easy on the claims comparing them to bohos lol. The fit/finish, and art work on the bohos destroys turks IMHO. The turk glass wins in terms of weight, but the designs and shape of their glass are not up to par with bohos. Every turk vase I have seen so far has gashes in the glass somewhere and the art work has more of a "hand done" look to it. The bohos, every single vase is perfect in terms of shape and the art work is always perfect.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1354819096' post='564104']
I love the Elmas tongs. I'll probably never sell mine. I use them and my jumbo tongs the most.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Really? I have 2 pairs at least of those Elmas tongs and I ALWAYS use the Lebanese ones like I sent you with your trumpet.

[quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1354824951' post='564140']
If the pair hassouni sent me were Lebanese than Lebanese tongs rule!
[/quote]

Indeed they were and hell yeah they do!

I just like them. Nice, sturdy, brass, and have a good grip. I would only dock a point due to the shortness of them. I use my jumbo tongs the most because they're hella long and have awesome grip. I don't use tongs that don't provide excellent grip, because I am not a fan of coal burns!

• 3 weeks later...
To be honest, I am actually waiting until Christmas Day to smoke it. I only smoke my larger pipes when I am planning on smoking a minimum of 2-3 rounds of coals, or else it is like smoking for an hour just so I can clean a massive pipe. So I have been smoking out of my smaller elmas pipes when it is just me and 1 or 2 other people and smoking a round or so out of the mini. But Christmas Day will be a smoke fest and that is when the 636 will shine. I'll do an update shortly after that.

One thing I did notice after the initial cleaning though is the diameter of the pipe seems to be ever so slightly smaller than the typical elmas diameter. I only have noticed this based on the elmas brushes the pipes come with. When I wash the other elmas pipes I have the cleaning brush fits in the pipe easily. When I washed the 636 with the same brush it was just snug enough so if I put the brush in the pipe and held the pipe straight the brush wouldn't slide at all. It wasn't difficult to fit, just a tad more snug than my other pipes. I have heard people say the larger Elmas pipes have a tighter but more responsive pull, I will find out on Christmas!

I will also take more pics and smoking pics and what not and post up a review on the forum too.