Elmas 636 Luks Kafesli

So after much discussion back and forth with NargileStore they finally put together the pipe I wanted.

Originally it was the pipe with an ugly black jumbo, had weird tribal designs on it in white. When I was interested in the Osmanli they showed the Osmanli with a sick black jumbo that had gold designs.

So once I saw the kafesli with the ugly jumbo I asked them to switch the base with the osmanli base. They also showed a pic where the kafesli was slightly crooked in the middle so they switched out the stem with another one.

So now I have a pic of the kafesli with osmanli jumbo, black hose, and perfect Kafesli stem. Here are the pics they showed me and they are sending it out on Monday WOOT WOOT.

[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/mattarios/foto1010.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/mattarios/foto1012.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/mattarios/foto1013.jpg[/IMG]

The Kafesli has always been my dream pipe, can't wait to get it :-)

And all I used was google translator and they understood everything I was saying! If you decide to buy with nargile just tell them in the special comments that you want to see the pics and everything, or ask for specifics like exactly what vase and stem you want, and if they don't have it they email you pics with what they have. Yes it can be a pain, but at least they accommodate you when you ask them.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1353173028' post='561863']
$290 all said and done.
[/quote]

Not bad, especially considering how much it would have cost from one of the US vendors.

I'm considering picking up a nice Turkish shank for my trumpet vase, but definitely don't have the cashola for this one. Hey, maybe Christmas... haha.

osmanli would be 455 shipped.

papatya about the same

the canary would be about the same price as the kafesli I got. The one I got is the tallest Kafesli they make.

Shipping is like $105 the kafesli with the upgraded glass ie "luks" version was $173 and then there is like a $8 fee you have to pay not VAT something different. So it came out to roughly $290.

That pipe with the jumbo from a US vendor would prob be I don't know maybe $450? I think for what you get $290 is a damn good price.

We need cheaper alternatives for Turkish pipes... I know there's way more than just Elmas and El Nefes over there, so it's gotta be possible. I want to own a Turk without feeling like I had to be anally assaulted to obtain it. Okay, okay, maybe that's a bit exaggerated, but you get what I am saying.

Yeah I hear ya but 290 shipped for that is not unreasonable. People these days pay 150-200 for KM's that compared to a nice turk pipe, are just decent and they come with a MEH vase at best majority of the time.

That is a 40 inch brass monster with a great hose, nice tray, and a crystal vase.

No matter what it ends up costing a bit of money bc of shipping. When you look at the pricing of elmas pipes on nargile they extremely cheap for what you get. It only ends up being expensive because of shipping.

That pipe you see in those pics above is $173 on their site, regular domestic shipping they charge like $10 bucks. So that would cost $183, that is a ridiculous deal for that hookah.

So what I am saying is no matter what turk brands you find, they won't be cheap coming to the US.

I mean solid brass KM's that are in the 35-36 inch range with KM jumbo vases which aren't even quality (no offense to anyone that owns them) go for like 2-300 these days. When you consider that vs what you see above, for $90 more or $10 less depending on the model of KM you go with, it is no contest.

And I am only talking in terms of quality, not smokability/preference/etc. etc.

Or consider a 40 inch solid brass km with a jumbo km, they go for 250+, not much cheaper than $290 for a higher quality product.

I don't feel like I got anally assaulted at all, I feel the opposite actually.

from what elder chris says, elmas is pretty much the best quality. I remember seeing a pic from some other company that had similar design to the elmas 639.... but it was machine or laser etched instead. Just dunno what the brand was.

Yeah, well, KMs are too much too. Look at the prices people were paying for those 3 years ago compared to today. I'd never personally buy a KM at today's prices.

I was talking about Elmas prices in general, more specifically the prices we have to pay for them here in the US. $183 is a great deal for that pipe domestically in Turkey, but I really do honestly believe that there is a Turkish hookah maker over there that would definitely sell their pipes for less wholesale than Elmas does. Elmas doesn't have to be the end all be all Turkish pipe. They're just currently the best brand we know of right now, and they probably always will be. I feel like we Americans are having to pay a premium when we really could be paying less. If there was a slightly less quality option at a better price, people would buy it. El Nefes was SUPPOSED to be that option, but they're not really any cheaper for what you get. I just think no one has taken the time/effort to explore cheaper alternatives yet. Either way, I bet if competition came up, Elmas could afford to lower their prices. They're top dog right now, so they can charge more.

Talk to Hassouni, he said he has searched high and low and nothing in terms of quality is where Elmas is.

But that is besides the point, as the industry grows and becomes more popular prices go up. Simple as that.

Bohos used to be $51 after discount with hookahcompany years back.

And I question a manufacturer that would sell them THAT MUCH cheaper, I am sure there are makers that are cheaper, but MUCH cheaper, I don't know. Nargilestore sells tugralis for $30.42, islemeli is $27.65. Obviously just the stem. So think about the wholesale price nargile pays, prob $12-15 per pipe. How much cheaper can it really get? I just think their big hookahs are way nicer and way higher quality than what people think which is why they are expensive.

A 40 inch brass pipe with a crystal jumbo, windcover, turkish bowl, and turkish hose for $173. A KM trimetal was like $110 years back, so a $63 difference from todays prices for a 40 inch brass elmas vs when prices were cheap on a km tri metal which obviously isn't comparable to an elmas 636 and that is also taking into consideration with the elmas you get a crystal jumbo (in this comparison) and the tri metal you get a piece of shit egyptian vase that wobbles and the gold rubs off upon first contact. I think their prices are AMAZING, but that is just me. (obviously I am excluding shipping costs and just comparing pipe to pipe for the sake of the discussion)

I would like to see other turkish brass manufacturers just to know price and quality differences, but I really think most don't sell outside of Turkey. So elmas and el nefes seems to be all we can get.. I like the ease of a male port of nefes but would still buy a elmas over nefes any day. Imo buying directly from NargileStore with the guide Mattarios2 gave really helps you get what you want at good price.