Bowl: Regular bowl
Base: Ice & water
Hose: Um, the hose that came with the hookah
Foil; Single Layer

Coal: Started With 1, Then Added A Second After 30min
Cut: Wet Wood Shavings

ADD ONS: Strawberry Drops

Smell: Very minty, ohh yeah its MINT

Taste: Mint, it way over powered the strawberry drops, it was alright, really cold.

Smoke: Kinda weak from what im used to, but ive seen worse

Buzz: None at all

Time: Good hour

Score: 5/10 (mint by itself, yeah i may be the only one dumb enough to do that, never again, well maybe lol.)

• 1 month later...
Soex Mint

Setup: 18" hookah with ceramic bowl, metal screen, plain water, 2 1" Al-Adjad finger coals

Appearance and texture: Fairly wet, sort of oily.

Smell: In the package it smells like very strong mint gum or toothpaste. When smoked it has a weak but pleasant minty aroma.

Taste: It takes about five minutes to develop any flavor at all. Upon contact with the tongue the smoke is very sweet, sugary and cooling like menthol. I enjoyed working the smoke into different parts of my mouth and on various parts of my tongue to enjoy the cooling mint sensation. Deep inhales have a spicy taste initially then they change into a nice cool menthol on the exhale. (again I generally dont draw Soex into my lungs because the "herbal" thing is sort of weird and new but for the sake of the review I draw a few hits deep inside) The taste reminds me of those little red and white peppermint discs, simultaneously spicy and cooling. My wife did not enjoy this one very much but this is one of my favorite flavors! French inhales are divine and the sugary cooling sensation is wonderful. A perfect after dinner smoke!

Smoke: Thick white plumes.

Buzz: No.

Combinations: This is great with double apple. See my double apple review above for more info.

Score: I was skeptical of the mint at first because the scent was overpowering in the package, I can sometimes smell it across the room. I was afraid the sensation would be overpoweringly icy but as it turned out, this was a really wonderful flavor and I'm pleasantly surprised. Also, the flavor held up well for over an hour, it was just as tasty at the end as it was at the beginning. Definately one I'll keep around! 10/10. Edited by hookah_hoop

• 1 month later...
Soex Mint

Shisha Cut: Reminded me of loose fiberglass.

Hookah Type: 12" cheapie Chinese. It smokes well, though.

Duration: 23 minutes

Foil / Screen: Havana foil sheet, about a dozen holes well-spaced.

Coal / Amount: 2 3Kings quick lites.

Smoke: Plenty of it. Would've made for some great clouds and rings, but I was outside and there was a slight breeze that fought me.

Buzz: None.

Smell / Flavor: Had a nice mint smell to it that I haven't run into with other shisha brands. In fact, I thought it smelled great, much more pleasant than Nahkla or AF. The problem was, it had a bit of a weird undercurrent in the flavor when I smoked it that I didn't necessarily enjoy. But other than that, I love mint and when I was a cigarette smoker, menthol cigarettes. The Soex mint definitely had a great, cool sensation in the lungs and the sinuses that I enjoyed. Unfortunately, it tailed off pretty quickly and I had to be really careful to keep the coals rotating so as not to burn the shisha and taste ash. You really have to watch your heat management with this stuff.

Rating (1-10): 4.5 - The way it's cut and the texture of it didn't bother me. I don't see what that has to do with how it smokes, but if it bugs people, it bugs 'em. The smoke was dense, but had a noticeably different texture, although I don't know how to explain that one any better than that. It tasted... I dunno... chunkier? More particulate? Anyhow, not as smooth as what I'm used to. I only loaded half a bowl as my fiancee wasn't home from work yet and asked me to save some so she could try it. We might load up a full bowl later tonight and fire it up. If so, I'll edit this to reflect that. What I put in there was thoroughly charred after 23 minutes, though. It still smoked a bit, but it tasted less and less like mint after the ten minute mark. I think if it were a plant matter that absorbed the molasses better, it might hold its flavor longer and smoke better. I'll give it another go, regardless. Might try out the mango and chocomint pretty soon.

All in all, it isn't bad, but it isn't my first choice, not even for mint. Hookah-Hookah's Spearmint flavor is king so far in the mint arena as far as I'm concerned. My fiancee has tobacco allergy issues, so I'm relegated to smoking on the porch, which sucks for blowing rings and clouds, so maybe if I can figure out how to get this stuff smoking well, we'll have something we can both enjoy in the house without her getting sick and me feeling guilty. We'll see. Edited by Graindog

• 2 years later...
SOEX Mint

Setup: Egyptian Sphinx double hose

Appearance: Reminds me of woodchips that have been dyed a rancid brown

Smell: Minty whiff but with a hint of nastyness

Taste: Fantastic. By far the one of the best SOEX i have ever tasted. cool refreshing mine just like you would find in your wrigleys gum. This may put others off however.

Smoke: Brilliant thick plumes of smoke

Buzz: No buzz, this is Herbal shisha :(

Overall: 8/10 The taste was lovely but the appearance of it and lack of buzz brings its mark down. Would highly recommend this to any herbal smoker.