Set-up
: 22" Egyptian Stargazer
Bowl: Regular bowl
Base: Ice & water
Hose: Um, the hose that came with the hookah
Foil; Renolds, I double layered it

Coal: 2 quicklights broken in halfs total of 4 pieces each

Cut: Finely cut, kinda like mini horse hay looking

Smell: Smells like my red hair dye that I used in highschool with very little cherry scent

Taste: Some of my friends said it tasted like cough syrup and some including myself now know what artificial cherry tastes like.

Smoke: Clouds, that's like the main reason why we kept smoking this shisha.

Buzz: None at all

Time: After 30min the flavor went out the door

Score: 6/10

• 6 months later...
Soex Cherry

I've tried soex a few times before, and each time concluded that I would never waste my money on a box of soex again. However, it seems like there's been a bust on the under the table selling of shisha in Ottawa, since all of the places I used to get the stuff only seem to be selling soex, so I bought another box out of desperation.

I've tried three sessions last night and today, trying to pack more or less into the bowl, and trying more or less heat. I've come to the conclusion that soex just isn't worth the trouble.

Setup: 18" Chinese. Not the greatest, but a decent smoke. It's nicer than some of my friends' larger pipes.
Smell: It does actually smell pretty nice. Has some cherry tones, but with a putrid undercurrent.
Appearance: Crap. It's a dark red, ultra-fine cut. It's hard to grab hold of and it falls through the holes in my bowl, making a mess out of the stem.
Taste: Not much. The first two or three hits after it gets going seems to have a tinge of taste, but not enough to try to ascertain what it is. After those few hits, you're just smoking tasteless smoke.
Smoke: When it's going, it's got pretty big clouds, but they don't feel big. It's hard to explain, but the smoke just seems completely immaterial going into your lungs. On the exhale, the huge cloud of smoke lasts for only a few seconds before it disappears into the air.
Buzz: None to speak of.
Duration: If you want to judge by how long it's enjoyable to smoke and flavourful, I'd give it about a minute and a half. It'll keep burning for the duration of a single Three Kings, but by that point, I'm bored of smoking nothing, and begin to feel a little bit sick on top of that.

1/10

For those who want a healthier smoke, you might just want to find a new hobby that doesn't involve smoking. I seriously don't see how smoking sugar cane is any healthier than tobacco. The fact that it makes me feel sick should speak volumes.
For those who don't like the nicotine buzz, stick with unwashed.
Soex is a waste of effort and money.