Melon

ikellen

Layalina Melon

Setup: 32" Mya Bohemian, Egyptian bowl, 40mm 3K Disc, water 1.5in above bottom of stem.

Cut Smell: Almost no stems, very clumpy out of the box, but good smell and cut.

Smoke: Pretty good smoke, not choking thick, but thick enough to be enjoyable. I split the 40mm disc in half about 1/3 of the way into the bowl and had to regulate moving the coals around and taking one half off to keep smoke regular. It wasn't like I had to babysit the bowl, but you had to keep an eye on it.

Buzz: A very mild buzz, just enough to relax you but nothing like a starbuzz/AF buzz. A new smoker smoking with me said she got a pretty heavy buzz though.

Flavor: A very nice melon. Sweet, not sickening, and not overpowering. Flavor never went away through the bowl, and the shisha never burnt or got harsh.

Overall: A good everyday fruity smoke. I will be going back to this one often as it is a great everyday smoke. Light in intensity, yet full flavored and very balanced.

• 2 months later...
Layalina Melon

Setup- Standard Mya QT

Coals- Japanese quicklites

cut- fine cut, but some fairly large pieces in there...They almost look like stems.

Smell- Smells great. Like a bunch of squashed catalopes

taste- Sorry I could not get mush flavor out of this tobacco. after a half hour I gave up and smoked something else.

Smoke thickness- nice thick clouds of off white smoke.

Buzz- None

Length of session- I gave up on it after half a hour due to lack of flavor.

Edited to add: Well I have tried this a second and a third time and adore it! II don't know how I messed up the first bowl or if my taste buds were not working but this flafor is a keeper! I should have added this not sooner. Edited by rattler

• 5 months later...
Layalina Melon

Setup: 32" Hafa, Social Smoke Small Bowl, Jap Coal, Ice water

Smell: Had the smell of a mix of fruit and rubbing alcohol

Taste: Tastes extremely good, i love sweet tobacco so it was right up my alley

Buzz: First time i smoked i had a great buzz goin, now any tobacco can't buzz me unless i smoke tangiers

Smoke: Great big white clouds

9/10- Great tub of tobacco if your into tobacco that messes with your taste buds

LAYALINA MELON

Setup: 12" Pumpkin Hookah with deeper base, 3 Kings 40mm coals, and ice water

Flavor: Very pleasing, cool, and refreshing melon flavor

Smoke: Big white, fairly thick clouds

Buzz: None really

Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes

Overall Rating: 10/10 One of my favorites. I could smoke Layalina Melon for hours. If you mix it with Layalina Mint, it's especially refreshing.

TX

• 1 year later...
Layalina MELON flavor

SET-UP: Mya Bambino w/larger mod bowl, Nammor hose, foil and 2 Exotica coals

Smell: sweet cantaloupe

Smoke: flavor kicked right in with good clouds

Taste: weak flavor that tasted pretty sweet, but nothing like any particular melon I’ve ever eaten

Rating: 5/10 – I won’t be buying it again. I like Fusion’s and Starbuzz’s melon shishas MUCH more than this stuff.

BUT I may have used too much heat with this Layalina shisha because it ran hotter than other brands, even though I used the same setup I usually smoke with. This is the first Layalina shisha I've smoked, so there may be user error cool.gif Edited by SilverK