Bahrani Apple

OPR234

Layalina Bahrani Apple

Setup- QT with standard Mya bowl(with foil) and hose.

Coals- Golden coals 33m quicklite

Smell/Cut- At first whiff it smelled pretty damn good, but later I realized it vaguely smells like the flouride stuff I used to get at the dentist. It was so juicy that the juices were leaking a little from the bowl grommet when the bowl got warmed up, even with a pretty damn good seal I had.

Smoke- Kinda light, but not bad per say. I prefer thicker smoke, but I can respect what I got from this even though its a little different.

Taste- I think its supposed to be a sour apple flavor, but the sourness and the apple-ness didnt really blend well together. I also noticed a semi unpleasant aftertaste, but I suspect that was from the coals. I think this flavor would blend extremely well with some kind of berry flavor.

Buzz- At first it almost gave me a headache just playing with coal placement to get it goin right, and purging the QT takes a lot of breath. After that wore off I didnt get much of a buzz. I should also say that I'm a lightweight to about anything, so I was expecting a buzz.

Overall- 4.5/10. The juices were kind of runny, and I think that played a big part in the awkwardness of the flavor I got. A funnel bowl may not be a bad idea with this stuff. However, I'm not sure that I did this flavor justice because I didn't acclimate it, and that could make a big enough difference. I'll have to edit in a response to my second session after acclimating.

Edit: I came back to this flavor with 3k coals and I didn't get the aftertaste nearly as much, which is good. I still couldnt tell if it was supposed to be red apple or sour apple or what. I'd still say about 6/10, but I dont really get along with this brand.