Leila Portable

tatumvay

I own this hookah as well and I thought I'd add my review for others considering to purchase such a commodity. (I hope people don't mind if I drop the hookah-being-a-female metaphor for the review tongue.gif )

First of all, before you buy this hookah, please consider why you want it. Are you buying your first hookah because you've smoked other people's and would like to own your own? Do you want a new hookah, and think the "silver bullet" look and the L.E.D. of this model looks stunning? If you answered "Yes" to any of those questions, than you need to look elsewhere.

If you wanted a portable, secondary option to smoking your hookah, than this is the hookah for you. I understand it's pretty pricey, but if you consider what it was built for, which is portable smoking ability, this thing is the top of it's class.

I won't go over how it looks, since you can just look at the picture up there, but I must say, scale-wise the hookah is a bit bigger than I expected. I thought it would be more the size of a 12-ounce soda can, but it's more the height of a 20-ounce soda bottle and approximately 4-inches in diameter. Yes, it does fit in my cup-holder in my car, but my car is a newer model with the "big-gulp" cupholders. If you have one of these, than it is perfect. If you have a smaller cup-holder, the middle storage unit, you know; the one between the driver and passanger seat you use as an elbow rest, will work just fine.

The smokability of this product is just fine. For such a small unit, it provides big, thick clouds and a great mouthfeel. A session with this can last up to about forty minutes. I average around a half an hour. As state, you can only use half a quick-lite coal, or else the plastic in the unit where it lays will melt. If you do it right, you will not get harshness nor bitterness (of course, this all depends on your heat management and type of shisha.) Speaking of heat management; it's a breeze! You pick it up (by the base only; the top gets very hot) and shake the coal to where you need it to go. It would be best for whoever is riding shotgun to do this, but if you're a lone-ranger you can do it too. The blue light may look very gimmicky, but it's actually very cool. It's bright and it gives a very cool ambiance to your car at night (sort of like a hookah lounge in the car.)

My friends and I pack this whenever we are going anywhere more than a twenty-mile drive. It's a great way to enjoy portable smoke, as you go. I also use it as my secondary hookah if I'm smoking alone. Since the bowl is small and the sessions are quick, it is just the right amount for an extended personal session. Great as a back up hookah as well (I guess you can stash it in the car so you're never without one.) I've seen modifications to it where people have created insulated harnesses so they can wear it while smoking and walking. (I'd love to do that for a hike one day!)

If you're debating about getting one, make sure you understand why you need it. No, it will not smoke as well as you 20-incher and yes it is more expensive than a Mya QT. But if you need the portability and versatility of this product, than it is well worth the money. It's also a great conversation starter!

If you're shopping around for alternatives, I'd recommend the HoboHookah as well. It's basically the stem and it can fit into a vast array of bottles. Happy hunting, and please let me know what you think of this! Cheers!

-Tatum

• 2 weeks later...
I also have one of these, got it a few weeks ago. with the "wetter" kindsa shisha, like layalina, it's kind've a bitch to have a little part of a charcoal get it to "burn". i think they really could've designed it better internally also i.e. the part where the smoke goes into the hose is perpendicular to the water, and if they designed it with a slight lip, it would be much better. I might try to fab up something on it myself, and if/when i do i'l take a pic. I smoke it when driving to work in the morning and a few smoke breaks a day. i actually smoked it while riding my longboard down to the Sea Wall, and i was piss drunk and yet i never felt like i had to worry about anything.

i guess i would give it a positive review, but you have to know what its good for going in. if you're trying to buy it as a regular home hookah, well, you're a goddamn idiot and you need to review your life and you probably shouldn't be allowed to procreate.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
Necro post, but im to lazy to start a new thread. Anyway to the review, the hookah looks awesome by all standards. If your looking for a non-traditional hookah then this is an option, the metal is of good quality though where the ports are to view the base can catch on things so be careful with that. Also when prep-ing try for just one half of a coal or if you are not putting the screen on just a whole one how ever you want to arrange it, as i have found that the 2/4 thing doesnt really work for me, that could just be the shisha im useing or a number of other things but in any case that is what i have found. Other than that just keep the water down on that line or you [b]will[/b] have water in the hose no questions asked. Other than that i havent found anything major wrong with it, just dont expect to use it as your main home hookah thats just unrealistic but if you need something portable then this is your best bet.

All in all 9.5/10