Blueberry

JoeLipinski

[b]Afzul Blueberry[/b]

[b]Cut:[/b] Standard Afzul cut (see Afzul strawberry for cut)

[b]Smell:[/b] Strong smell of blueberries.

[b]Flavor:[/b] Very strong blueberry flavor. Very good

[b]Buzz:[/b] Medium buzz, not tangiers, but not starbuzz (starbuzz has .5 nic too)

[b]Smoke:[/b] Thick smoke. All of the Afzul I have tried is very thick smoke.

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10. Very good flavor and smoke thickness.

• 2 months later...
Afzal BlueBerry

Equipment: Single Hose Hookah, bought from a small Shop in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for $11. Hits VERY nice, great bargain... my cousin who owns a hookah lounge says it is a very good hookah, so even though it is cheap, poor reviews of this shisha is not due to the hookah.

Appearance: Similar to watermelon, maybe cut a little finer, and i havent found any stems yet.

Smell: VERY artificial scent. I personally do not like it all, but my friends think it smells pretty good, so i dont know.

Taste: Not much goin on in this department. Packed a bowl of straight blueberry and i cant really taste it much. Even though it doesnt have a strong taste, it does not taste bad as it does have a little bit of blueberry flavor in it.

Smoke: Started out real nice and dense, but loses its denseness rapidly. 15 minutes into a full bowl between two people and the smoke is starting to get more and more thin. Opened the top up after 20 minutes of smoking and found that the entire bowl was burned already! Fastest burning tabacco i have ever encountered. Usually bowls of Al Fakher last about half and hour between four people in my hookah. (This could be that i am using smaller coals then usual, but the watermelon burned better with the same coals)

Buzz: Again, I don't get buzzed from shisha

Overall: 4/10. Will not buy again, but due to the light flavor it will probably mix well with other flavors.

Note: As i started smoking hookah in Dubai and am used to usually only smoking Al Fakher, I have a a high standard for shisha... so this review is probably biased. Edited by Frutersi

• 8 months later...
Afzal Blueberry

Setup: H2O Premium Dual Hose
Coal: Nakhla Quick Lite
Foil: Reynolds: Holes-Toothpick
Base: Water and Ice

Duration: 35 Minutes

Smell: Like Artificial blueberries and a hint of prunes(?)
Taste: Great for the first 20 minutes
Smoke: Not great but alright. Not as thick and potent as other shisha.

Overall: 6/10 The flavor is great, the smoke is alright, but this stuff burnt tooooo quick!!! Was harsh for the last 10-15 minutes and when i took off the foil, I saw that all the shisha was burned out...Never will i buy this again. Recommended for those shorter smokes.

• 3 years later...
[size="5"][color="#000080"] Afzal Blueberry[/color][/size]

[b][color="#000000"]Appearance: [/color][/b]Rough Cut
[b]Smell: [/b]Smells like a Blueberry pancake.. MMMM
[b]Taste: [/b]Just like eating a blueberry, surprisingly accurate to the real thing 9/10
[b]Smoke: [/b]Needs a little heat management.8/10
[b]Buzz:[/b] Wow.. a bit much for me, definitely felt it in the middle of the session-got sleepy!

[b]Overall:[/b] 8/10 It's really a great flavor and it didn't get harsh really, though I'm judging it against the herbal stuff. If I needed to, i would not feel too bad buying this again but the nicotine does get to me a little too much. Having smoked this and Double Apple, i find that they both tend to get harsh near the end of the session, not sure why as I don't take any coals away and it smokes ok most of the session. I'm not into getting Buzzed when I smoke.