Caramel Macchiato

Rani

Starbuzz Caramel Macchiatoo

Fusion has pretty much taken over as my tobacco of choice because I prefer the higher nicotine of unwashed, but I'd already ordered the Starbuzz along with some other items from HS, so when it arrived I put it aside. Today I decided to open it up and check it out.

Setup: 28" Sangria from HC which isn't 28" anymore. The stem is on a new bohemian vase from HS that fits and functions beautiful. Tap water, no ice. Mya bowl packed with about 15 grams - by sight, I never weigh. Nammor hose. Heavy Duty Reynolds - only thing I ever use.
Packaging: 250 gram tin
Cut: Typical Starbuzz - any stems are thin and small enough to fit inside the bowl so I pretty much ignore them
Moistness: Everybody knows Starbuzz is wet, but this stuff was loaded with the thickest stickiest juice I've ever seen.
Color: Starbuzz tends to color like the flavor. In this case it's very dark brown. Not quite as dark as Tangiers but very close. Melted chocolate looking.
Smell: Kind of strange - definitely coffee and caramel scented. But strong and heavy. This is the first coffee type tobacco I've ever bought and I wasn't sure after smelling it that I'd like it.
Clouds: Starbuzz typical thick and white. I'd be surprised if any Starbuzz flavor gave thin smoke.
Duration: One hour and just now fading with the coal dying. I'm a one coal kind of girl. I find flavors change with the second coal, so I pack bowls on the light side and use only one.
Flavor: Beyond amazing. Smooth, creamy tasting, coffee/caramel flavored and sweet without being "gag me" sugary. The smoke scents the room almost exactly like an exotic coffee bar when you walk in. Just lovely to walk into. It's so good I can't get the hose away from my friends smoking it with me so I'm going to have to load up another pipe.

I'm really, really impressed with this flavor. I do prefer stronger flavors in tobacco - the delicate ones bore me in a hurry. And this one never loses it's punch.

It's been my habit every workday morning to pick up a Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks but I'm giving it up in the interest of giving caffeine and unnecessary calories. This flavor totally satisfies the craving for the drink - it's that close and creamy tasting. So much so that the only downside I can find is that now I'll be tempted to light up a bowl in the mornings! In my humble opinion it's a grand slam. One of the best I've ever tasted from any manufacturer.

'Rani