Al Waha Multiple Reviews And Mixes

EvansLight

[b]EL's Review: Al Waha Banna Split[/b]

Had my doubts about this to begin with. I had heard mixed things about it, and hence i never planned to buy it. My sisters b/f wanted it though, and we decided to try it first. Its also our first smoke out of his new hookah.

[b]Setup:[/b] [list] Hookah-Shisha Pharoh 3 Hose
[b]Bowl:[/b] Standard Egyptian
[b]Hose:[/b] Cobra Hose
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Screen
[b]Liquid In base:[/b] Water w/Ice[list]
[b]Cut:[/b] Normal AW Cut, kinda long peices, some medium sized, no real small pecies.

[b]Smell:[/b] Hmm, cant put my finger on it, but swear it smells like cherry cough syrup, or something else.

[b]Taste:[/b] Almost exactly like the smell, but a bit better. kinda sublte taste.

[b]Smoke Thickness:[/b] Decent sized coulds, got some good ones, nothing great.

[b]Buzz:[/b] I don't know, i didnt have any. Could have been just how short we smoked this, i dont know, but i wasn't feelin my usuall AW style buzz.

[b]Duration:[/b] Can't give a good estimate on this, since we packed very little and smoked a very short time.

[b]Overall:[/b] 6/10 Doesn't taste like Banna Split, but i still like it.

[b]EL's Review: Al Waha Orange Cream[/b]

This was the next flavour up. We opened it up earlier in the night right before dinner, and everyone, even my mom who didnt like what i did like the smell of this thing... we were looking forward to it like a fat kid looks foward to his next meal XP

[b]Cut:[/b] Same cut as above, the same AW cut as usual.

[b]Smell:[/b] Just intoxicating. Smelled exactly like orance cream. Can't even count how many times we sniffed the tub before we smoked XD

[b]Taste:[/b] Just as good as the smell, just an amazing orange cream flavour. This might be the flavour to unseat Cola as my favorite :D

[b]Smoke Thickness:[/b] Some amazing clouds. If not for the wind we could have easily hide our face.

[b]Buzz:[/b] Perfect, almost as perfect as the ones i get from tangiers. Just enough to make it worth while.

[b]Duration:[/b] Once again, we packed very little and smoked for a short amount of time, we had others we really wanted to try XD

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 I dont think ive ever given a perfect 10 before, except with cola, this is just amazing. One more session and i might have a new favorite.

[b]EL's Review: Al Waha Bounty[/b]

As much as i wanted to try orange cream, it was a last second change in my order, Bounty was the real flavour i was most anticipating, and was also the last we tried in this first smoke session with the new Hookah.

[b]Cut:[/b] Once again, same AW cut as the other 2.

[b]Smell:[/b] Hmm, dont really know how to place this smell. its good, kinda like a very nice coconut oil, with some coca powder in it.

[b]Taste:[/b] We all sweared that it tasted like a Mounds candy bar XD It was a very nice taste.

[b]Smoke Thickness:[/b] Decent, more like the clouds we got off the Banna Split. It got better over time but didnt touch orange cream.

[b]Buzz:[/b] It kept my buzz i got from orange cream going, but not as strong.

[b]Duration:[/b] Well we actually smoked the whole bowl this time :P For a standard egyptian it lasted a rather good amount of time, id say a good hour with me and him taking nice power hits.

[b]Overall:[/b] 8/10 Another smash hit Al Waha flavour. Its like smokin a damn candy bar XD This is showing once again why Al Waha is my favorite smoke.

• 4 weeks later...
[b]Al Waha California Dream[/b]

Set up - same as above. I used my Mya long handle hose.

Coals - same.

Cut - Same cut as usual.

Smell - I can't really pinpoint the smell, but it's definitely some sort of fruit mix. It's very overwhelming at first, but also very pleasant.

Taste - Great taste, but I could still taste a bit of the Bounty, though, so that was my mistake.

Smoke thickness - Decent thickness. Compared to my smoke with the After Nine, it's a bit disappointing though. I think my heat management was a little awkward this time.

Buzz - No buzz.

Duration - about 2 hours, then I stopped. I have to sleep, you know.

Overall - 8/10. Minus points for no buzz and not so much thickness. Definitely a keeper, though.

[b]Al Waha After Nine[/b]

Set up - same as above.

Coals - Same

Cut - Same cut as usual. Also very moist and had a large stem, but not too much to say here.

Smell - Smells delicious. It was something like a York Peppermint Patty or an Andes Chocolate (the ones they give you at hotels).

Taste - Tastes like a York Peppermint Patty! The mint is definitely strong in this one, but everytime I inhale, it's like I'm melting a York Peppermint Patty in my mouth. Evertime I exhale, another York Peppermint Patty melts in my mouth.

Smoke thickness - depending on my inhale/exhale pattern and coal management, I can get some pretty thick clouds. I'm watching anime right now and I can't even read the subtitles when I exhale - it's THAT THICK.

Buzz - Nothing like the Bounty. There is almost no buzz. :( A little disappointed, but I guess that's what happens after not smoking for a week, then jumping into it night after night.

Duration - well over 2 hours now. I'm going to try for 3.

Overall - 8.5/10. I was expecting more since I kept hearing rave reviews about this flavor.

[b]Al Waha After Nine[/b]

Cut: Juicy, with an average cut.

Smell: VERY mint chocolaty smell. You'll be tempted to eat the shisha.

Taste: Just like an Andes mint. Or a mouthful of Andes mints. Smoke was very thick with flavor. Very pleasant dessert smoke.

Thickness: Fairly thick smoke comes about quickly.

Buzz: Not much of a buzz, but still enough to be relaxing.

Overall: 9.5/10 I love After Nine. It's hit and miss with some people, but it's my standby. After Nine+ice in the base+coffee = heaven.

[b]Al Waha Cappucino[/b]

Cut: Typical cut. Very moist.

Smell: Smells like a sweet mix of vanilla, chocolate, and spice.

Taste: Very chocolaty to me. Couldn't really distinguish a coffee flavor. Very mild and smooth, overall.

Thickness: Semi-thick smoke. Wasn't extremely impressive, but wasn't a poor showing either.

Buzz: Not much of one to speak of.

Overall: 8/10 Good smoke, but nothing amazing. I was hoping for something with a little more of a coffee flavor to it. Still a good flavor, though.

• 4 weeks later...
Al Waha Bahraini Apple

Smoke:
Good smoke. As good of smoke as you'd expect from Al Waha. nice puffy white clouds.

Flavor:
Perhaps the best Apple I've tried so far. I'll definately be keeping this one in stock. It's sweet yet the real apple flavor really comes through.

Buzz:
No buzz. But thats usually what I'm looking for when I'm not smoking/drinking or just smoking by myself.

Duration:
I'd say average. About 45 mins-1hour using either finger coals or Japanese quicklights.

Overall:
Is it just me or is Al Waha under-rated? I just got 3 250 gram tubs and all 3 are incredible. Orange Cream lived up to the hype EL gave it and this apple is a keeper for sure.

9/10

Al Waha Winter Flower

Well I know theres folks out there arent into the floral flavors but this is for the folks who are.

Smoke:
Same as above

Flavor:
Awwwwwesome. It's advertised as Sweet Rose and thats exactly how it tastes and smells. Take rose, mix it with honey, sugar and sweet goodness (whatever that means) and you've got Winter Flower. And when you light it up it tastes exactly how it smells.

Buzz:
No Buzz.

Duration:
45 Minutes-1 Hour. times that by 2 or 3 out of a phunnel bowl.

Overall:
This is probably the best floral flavor I've tried so far. And I've tried a few having a sister who enjoys them alot. Some floral flavors are good at first but become too much. This one, with the added sweetness, is good the whole way through.

9/10

• 3 months later...
Al Waha Banana/Two Apple (mix)

Set up - 22" modern acrylic, cap of milk in the base and a few ice cubes

Coals - 3 Kings quicklight

Cut - Standard AW, though I did get a gigantic stem in the banana one, but other than that it was fine

Smell - The banana definitely smelled better than the two apple, but together it smelled heavenly

Taste - Decent taste, though the banana may have overpowered the double apple a bit, maybe next time I'll try a 1:2 ratio of banana and two apple

Smoke thickness - Nothing special at first, but after there were two big coals sitting on top the smoke was pouring out so heavy it just fell out of my mouth, instead of rising

Buzz - Very little buzz

Duration - Lasted about 1 hour and 45 mins, though I could've fit a bit more in the bowl

Overall - 8/10. It had some decent thickness, but not too much buzz at all. The taste was interesting though, very nice if you like fruits.

• 5 months later...
After 9

Set-up: phunnel bowl, 1 Starlight coal (broken up into three-four pieces)

Smell: reminded me of this white chocolate lotion I had. So, smelled kind of like white chocolate. The mint wasn't overly prevalent in the smell.

Taste: like mint chocolate. This would be a biased review, since I hate mint chocolate (why I bought a tub of After 9 - I have no idea). But the flavor was actually not so foul as to be unbearable. For fans of mint chocolate, this is a good mix. The mint doesn't overwhelm the chocolate flavor, which happens a lot with mint-mixed tobacco.

Smoke: about ten minutes after I put the coal on, the clouds were pretty big. Nothing exorbitant, but copacetic. Fifteen-twenty minutes into it, the smoke was pathetic. I put another piece of coal on (started with three originally), but it became harsh, so it had to be removed.

Buzz: Please...

Duration: the bowl itself lasted about two sets of coals. And it was annoying as hell.

Overall: 5/10. As far as the flavor goes, it's not completely odious, despite the fact that I do hate mint chocolate. But that the smoke is so puny is annoying.

Pina Colada

Set-up: Same as above

Smell: Honestly, it smelled like death. Death and really foul candy.

Taste: And it tasted the same. It was asininely sweet, but with such an overwhelming tart taste that it felt like a Pina Colada got into a fistfight with a citrus menagerie and lost. It also had a wee hint of orange soda or something that was reminiscent thereof, so it was altogether nasty as hell.

Smoke: I don't remember that much of it, to be honest (it was kind of late and I was exhausted), but I think that just says that it wasn't very impressive.

Buzz: Hah.

Duration: Cleaned it up early. Otherwise, would've probably gone for third set of coals. Maybe.

Overall: 2/10. Worst idea ever. While smoking it, I was desperately trying to figure out what I'd mix it with in the future (hey, mix is mix) to mitigate its profound nastiness. The only reason it got a 2 is because there was actually flavor, unlike some brands I smoked lately.

• 3 months later...
Al Waha Vanilla

Setup - Mya Gyro, Nammor hose, 3 kings, conservation bowl.

Cut - juicy nice cut. few stems.

Smell - smelled great. like a vanilla candy.

Taste- I originally purchased this to just use as a mix for other flavors. It smelled so good that I decided to give it a shot by itself and man was that a great idea. Was full of flavor and tasted great. The original full flavor faded out towards the half way through the session.

Smoke - I had some nice thick clouds going for a good while.

Buzz - no buzz.

Duration - Smoked 30 mins with conservation bowl.

Score - 8/10 Awesome flavor and good to mix with other flavors. Buy some for your stash. Can't beat the price.

Al Waha Orange Cream

Setup - Mya Gyro. Nammor hose. 3 kings. mya bowl.

Cut - juicy low stem count.

Smell - like those cremesavers.

Taste- Tasted like it smelled. a cremesaver or a creamsicle. I loved it. The orange flavor wasn't too strong but just right.

Smoke - good clouds. not the thickest but not weak.

Buzz - no buzzz.

Duration - almost an hour. Might have lasted longer if I put more coals.

Score - 9/10 My favorite al-waha flavor.

• 4 months later...
Al Waha Chocomint

Setup: MZ Horas C Hookah. Small mod bowl. "3 Kings charcoal"- I'm fairly certian these were fake or water damaged though, total shit coals much unlike any other 3 Kings I've ever used.

Smell: The tobacco smelled more like chocolate than mint to me, a bit odd at first but a pleasant smell.

Taste: Andes Candies or Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream!! Tasted just like chocomint should- I immediately thought of mint chocolate chip icecream. I really liked it.

Buzz: Not too strong, but there. I got a buzz, but it wasn't too strong- an enjoyable relaxing buzz.

Smoke: Some decent clouds, not the best but I'm willing to bet it was the crappy charcoals.

Rating: 9/10 This is one of the better flavors I've tried so far, definatly will be geting some more.

Al Waha Orange

Setup: MZ Horas C Hookah. Large, shallow egyptian bowl. "3 Kings charcoal"- I'm fairly certian these were fake or water damaged though, total shit coals much unlike any other 3 Kings I've ever used.

Smell: Smelled orange-ish, reminded me of an orange hard candy.

Taste: Tasted just like orange juice. Great natural orange flavor, not a candy flavor.

Buzz: Same as the Chocomint- relaxing mild buzz.

Smoke: Pretty good clouds, but nothing amazing.

Rating: 7/10 A very good flavor, but not the best. Had one of the more accurate "natural fruit" flavors I've tasted.

• 3 months later...
TBatcho07's Review: Al-Waha Apricot

Setup: 14" Mya QT
Bowl: Standard Mya Bowl
Hose: Standard Mya Hose
Screen/Foil: Screen
Liquid In base: Water(ice)

Cut: Few small stems,kinda dry.

Smell: Strong smell,couldn't really put my finger on it.

Taste:
Tastes just like it smells,a bit strong though.

Smoke Thickness:
Like all AW you get pretty decent clouds.

Buzz: I got a crazy buzz each time I smoked it.

Duration:
30-45 minutes

Overall Rating: 6/10 Just because I don't like AW too much.Decent flavor though too be honest.

----------------------------------------------------------

TBatcho07's Review: Al-Waha Melon

Setup: 14" Mya QT
Bowl: Standard Mya Bowl
Hose: Standard Mya Hose
Screen/Foil: Screen
Liquid In base: Water(ice)

Cut: Few small stems,kinda dry.

Smell: Pleasent Melon Aroma

Taste:
Tastes just like it smells

Smoke Thickness:
Like all AW you get pretty decent clouds.

Buzz: I got a decent buzz half the time I smoked this.

Duration:
30-45 minutes

Overall Rating: 8/10 Definitely a reason to give AW some credit.

• 1 month later...
AL WAHA Memories

Hardware: Mya Mini, Mya hoses & standard bowl, Argeelah foil, (3) Golden Quick Light

Base Liquid: Room temp filtered water

Cut: Irregular pieces. Red. Very few stems, Damp and sticky, very moist.

Aroma: Indescribable mixed fruit with something very sweet smelling.

Taste: Like a fruit combination. Nice mild smoke, nothing overly exiting or unpleasant. An occasional rough draw, fine after purging base.
Smoke: Average

Duration: 1 hour, could have gone another 15 min.

Overall: 7/10; I’d smoke it again, but probably never going to buy a tub.

AL WAHA Frappuccino

Hardware: Mya Mini, Mya hoses & phunnel, Argeelah foil, (3) Golden Quick Light

Cut: Irregular pieces. Coffee color. One stem , moist, but not wet.

Aroma: Very nice. Just like a Frappuccino. You can almost taste the creamy coffee flavor.

Taste: A very mild, sweet coffee. Mild smoke, sweet coffee overtones, touch of nutmeg in the finish, flavor makes a gradual tapering off after 40 minutes. By an hour and half it was finished.

Smoke: Slightly above Average

Duration: 1.5 hour.

Overall: 8/10; I’d smoke it again, and would certainly look forward to smoking it again.

AL WAHA California Dream

Hardware: Mya Mini, Mya hoses & phunnel, Argeelah foil, (3) Coconora then (2) Golden Quick Lights to finish the session

Cut: Lots of shredded leaf, maybe two small stem pieces. Red. Very moist.

Aroma: Very nice. A fantastic combination of pineapple, coconut, banana, with some mild spices-cinnamon and a touch of vanilla. Wow!

Taste: A very pleasant full flavored smoke. Most of the tastes were present from the smell. A little less spice in the taste than in the smell. The taste stayed strong through the full session. I could have gone for 2.5 hours had I had the time. Taste was the same at the end as in the beginning. Excellent.

Smoke: Big Smoke! And through the whole session too.

Duration: 2+ hours.

Overall: 9/10; Very nice, highly recommended. Will definitely keep some on hand. Can’t go wrong with a tub.

• 3 months later...
Al Waha (Lemon-Mint)
Set Up: Mya QT // Small Phunnel // 2 Chron. Hookah Instant // Water
Appearance: Really Juicy // Few Stems
Smell: Tasted more of lemonade then anything with mint. Wasn't bad though.
Buzz: None for me
Smoke: Wasn't bad, but wasn't really good either.
Taste: Was really enjoyable, at the beginning the lemon flavor was a little strong and was the only real flavor that came through, as the session went on became way more enjoyable with the mint coming out in the exhale.
Length: Just under 2 hours, the flavor held well through the first and slowly died off as it went on.
Overall: 9/10 I personally want to say this is prolly one of my favs. It really did feel like you could have been drinking lemonade.

Al Waha (Watermelon)
Set Up: Mya QT // Small Phunnel // 2 Chron. Hookah Instant // Water
Appearance: Really Juicy // Few Stems
Smell: Smelt like watermelon, nothing more really.
Buzz: None for me (didn't smoke it long enough to really find out)
Smoke:
Wasn't bad, but wasn't really good either.
Taste: Worst flavor I have ever had, it did taste like watermelon, but one that had been left out way way to long and all the juice was gone. Wasnt enjoyable in the slightest
Length: I had to stop as I couldn't stand the taste, the rest of the group kept going for perhaps a half hour.
Overall: 1/10 Would rather smoke dog food.

Al Waha Orange&Vanilla mix

hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Medium Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Mya hose
Coals: 2 sets of 2 Starlight Coconut Naturals
Base Liquid: Water & Ice

Appearance: not really that wet, had a good amount of stems,
Smell: had a very strong orange smell to it.
Taste: like a creamy orange, (like those float drinks you can buy)
Smoke: pretty good clouds
Buzz: little
Duration: about 1.5-2 hours
Overall: I would give it about 7/10 because of the stems, it would stem to get really harsh at times but that could had been my fault as well.

• 1 month later...
Al Waha Cherry/Cola Mix

Cut:
Pretty dry, and a little rough. 8/10

Smoke: Not too thick. I think it definitely has something to do with the dryness of the shisha. 8/10

Smell:
Alright, I mixed the cherry and the cola together. After it sits for a couple of minutes, it has a distinct smell like cherry cola. Excellent! 10/10

Flavor:
Exactly like cherry cola. This is one of the best mixes I have ever tried hands down! 10/10

Duration: Lasts for about an hour to an hour and a half. The flavor diminishes towards and hour. 9/10

Overall: I think because of the flavor this will get a 9/10. I wish the clouds were a little thicker, but that's preference. Go ahead and mix away, you won't be disappointed!

• 3 weeks later...
[size=6][color=#800080]Grape[/color]
[size=2]Mini Mya, standard bowl/hose/base
Golden coal quicklite
water in base

Cut: Pretty dry, not many stems
Smell: Chemical grape, I kinda liked the smell.
Smoke: average clouds. Not amazing, not bad
Taste: Feet and soap. Grape for 5 minutes, but it tastes burned anyway. Left a smelly feet taste in my mouth
Buzz: Yeh, it'll buzz you a bit
3/10

[size=6][color=#ff8c00]Orange
[color=#000000][size=2]Same setup as above

Cut: A bit slimy and wet, but not dripping
smell: Real oranges, not sweet
Smoke: Kinda weak, not that thick
Taste: Orange, but it died after 20 minutes. I was also drunk at the time, and it made my friend and I very very sick. He spent the rest of the night puking. I was unable to stand up for over 5 minutes. Extremely flushed and pale. I can't even smell the stuff anymore.
buzz: immense.
5/10[/size][/color][/color][/size][/size][/size]

• 1 year later...
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][b]Brand - [color=#000000]Al Waha Strawberry-Cherry 50gm[/color]
[/b]
[b]Hookah:[/b] Chinese Pumpkin Hookah (cheap but I've found it to be very reliable)
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Single Sheet of Foil
[b]Coals: [/b]SOEX quick light 30 minute coals, 1 at a time.
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water with 6 ice cubes.

[b]Appearance:[/b] A little bit on the chunky side but it's fairly well cut, although you get the odd chunk in there.
[b]Nicotine: .5%[/b]
[b]Smell:[/b] Very Strong, hits you as soon as you open the box.
[b]Taste: Great :D[/b] It's more of a strawberry with a bit of cherry mix. However it's not a natural strawberry taste, it's more of an artificial chewing gum strawberry taste.
[b]Smoke: [/b]Very Good, nice plumes, took my DP with it.
[b]Buzz: [/b]not massive, just a slight relaxed buzz.
[b]Duration: [/b]perfect, half a bowl will last me about 3 coals/2 hours.

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Smokelovers tobbacconist.

[b]Overall: 9/10. [/b][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][b]
[/b][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][b]Good smoke, good flavor, small relaxing buzz that's not over the top. Didn't give it 10 because it is a little bit on the artificially sweet side rather then naturally sweet.[/b][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]