5 Stars

PersianPride

Al waha 5 star

Set up- 24" Syrian, ice in the base and nicotine filter. Zoghal Galeb charcoal disk

Cut- Like most of the cheaper brands the tobacco leaves seem to have a very course cut with some stems present. The tobacco is however fairly juicy without being too saturated.

Smell-It smelled sweet is all I can conclude. There were citrus over tones but for the most part it simply had a generic sweet smell to it.

Taste- Fairly disappointed by the taste as nothing particularly fruity or distinct jumped out at me. For the majority of the smoke it was simply a subtle sweetness which had a tinge of carbon to it no matter how little I exposed it to the charcoal.

Smoke- For al waha it had slightly above average smoke production but still no comparison to the more expensive brands. Still it was satisfactory.

Overall- I would give it a 5/10 there wasn't anything particularly negative about it but then again there was nothing positive either. I don't thing I would be purchasing this again but if I was offered it in a cafe` or friends house I still wouldn't have a problem smoking it since it is basically a generic sweet tobacco.

• 10 months later...
Waha Five Star

Cut: Large, a few stems, but not as many as nakhla. I think it is an excellent cut that burns well, but doesn't plug easily.

Smell: Sweet, a little fruity

Taste: Sweet, like cheap fruit flavored candy. I detect a vague fruit flavor, but I can't put my finger on it. Mainly it is sweet.

Smoke: Good clouds, what you would expect from any decent shisha.

Buzz: This is differant for everyone, I don't get a big buzz anymore from anything. My friends who don't smoke as much as me get a medium buzz.

Overall: 6/10. I tend to like bold, distinct flavors, which this did not have, it just tasted sweet with a hint of general fruityness. But it did not taste bad. I had no desire to stop mid bowl. I will continue to smoke this flavor, but I will not buy it again at full price (I paid $2 at the local shop for 250g)

• 4 weeks later...
I think that the Al Waha 5-Star is underrated.
It's been a rare flavor in tubs, but I found a 50g at the store today. Will smoke it later, it's been 3 years since I smoked 5-Star last.
I remember it being one of the BETTER Al Waha flavors and one of the best kept secrets of the brand.

The Al Waha peach, on the other hand, tasted like cardboard in a way if it's not totally moist, and Fumari peach was way better.

I think often the quality of the smoke depends very much on your setup - getting thick smoke and flavor can only be achieved with the delicate strategy of hole patterns and coals. I use a 34-inch Egyptian with a traditional brown clay bowl, metal screen and 2 finger coals.

• 5 months later...
Al-waha 5 star

cut - Standard al-waha ( a fews big stems , a little more smaller ones)

smell- really nice fruity smell

taste-again just like the smell, bit of sweetnes to it, but more like fruit sweet, not honey sweet.

smoke- Lots of big white clouds

duration- lasted about +- 1 hour

overall- One to add to my favorite list 7.5/10

• 1 month later...
Flavor: Al Waha Five Stars

Smell: smelled pretty good, not the strongest smell, but you could definitely smell it.

Taste: The taste was definitely there, throughtout the entire smoke

Smoke: The smoke wasn't that great, but I think that had more to do with the coal and holes setup than anything.

Buzz: Got a nice light buzz, not the biggest I've gotten, but pretty good.

Overall 7/10, although I'm sure it will go up next time I smoke it and can set up the coals and holes all right.

• 5 months later...
5 Star

Hookah: Mya solo with mya hose
Bowl: ss vortex with tin foil
Coals: 3 king

Has maybe 3-6 stems per bowl. Makes a decent size cloud and has a nice sugary/fruit candy taste. Near the end I got a slight cinnamony small in my nose.

overall: 8/10 due to picking out the stems. Personally, I'm not a fan of bold flavors so naturally am a fan of this

• 5 months later...
Al Waha Five Star

Cut: Typical Al Waha, some stems a bit moist (but I don't have much to compare it to)
smell: Decent but not particularly identifiable or strong
Smoke: Typical Al Waha smoke (good)
Taste: Honestly tasted faintly like burning Shisha but you could tell it wasn't burning. The taste wasn't exactly bad, but I can't say I would ever buy the flavor again.
buzz: Typical Al Waha.
beer: Pretty mild flavor so would pair well with any pale/light beer.

Overall wouldn't buy it again but glad I gave it the try I did. I will update my review if for some reason the rest of the pack smokes better.

6/10

• 5 months later...
Al Waha 5stars
Hookah: Mya globe
Bowl: large mod bowl(whole 50g sample in bowl)
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD 2 layers
Hose: km rainbow
Coals: 2 coco nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short cut, dark, lots of stems red dye
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: fruity
Taste: Like a multi-fruit
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 2 Hour

Purchased From: local shop
Overall: 4/10 its just a genaric multi fruit flavor boaring and not that good

• 4 years later...

Al Waha 5 Stars

Hookah: Tokel Tuğralı 
Bowl: Kasbah Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short cut, really wet
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Fruity
Taste: Fruity & Blueberry
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 9/10 It’s an interesting fruit mix. Very unique. The only thing I can identify is blueberry. I like it a lot, but I get burned out pretty fast on mixed fruit mixes, but this one could last me much longer.