After Nine

DizzyGuy

Al Waha After Nine

Setup: 25" Stargate one hose, cold tap water in base, glow in the dark stem. MYA Wide hose. Watching Kingdom Of Heaven Cool

Appearance: Typical Al Waha, not quite as wet though

Smell: Like a chocolate mint candy

Taste: You would think that you had just eaten one of those Chocolate candies with the green mint in the middle 9/10

Smoke: Manage heat right, and it's almost a full smoke screen 9/10

Buzz: Not a knock-you-on-your-ass buzz, but a full body relaxing one... it hit the spot right 9/10

Overall: 9/10, no doubt. There is a little room for improvement, but not much. I will def be ordering some of this in the future

There's a little about my coal usage in this thread
[url="http://www.hookahforum.com/its-about-dang-time-t5295.html"]http://www.hookahforum.com/its-about-dang-...time-t5295.html[/url]

Al Waha- After nine
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3367.jpg[/img]

Hookah: Mya-Acrylic
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3364-1.jpg[/img]
Bowl: Standard Mya
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3369.jpg[/img]
Hose: Standard Mya
Tobacco: Newly Opened Jar, tobacco was moist and pretty juicy. Bigger Chunks and some stems.
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3368.jpg[/img]
Smell: YUMMYYYYY! Smelled like little chocolate mints! DELICIOUS!
Foil: Reynolds Regular
Holes: Poked with a tooth pick
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3370-1.jpg[/img]
Coals: two ¼ Jap coals to start.. Later added another ¼
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3362.jpg[/img]
Smoke: FULL. Took a quick minute to heat up. But was great after that.
Flavor intensity/longevity: Got a pretty good buzz, which was nice. Don’t usually get those with the other brands I smoke. The flavor was very good throughout the whole smoke. It never lost the chocomint flavor at all. The mint was a little bit stronger towards the end and you could still taste the Chocolate.
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3380.jpg[/img]
Time: I smoked for about an hour and the bowl was still going great. Had to pack up though. I was sad.. but walked away with a nice buzz.
All in all: I really think that they hit this flavor right on the head. It is verrrrry good and probably my favorite Al Waha Flavor. It compares to the Starbuzz Chocolate Mint, which is really impressive. It has the same flavor as Starbuzz without the excessive price tag. GOOD JOB AL WAHA!
8/10

Having some fun!
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/ooocharmsooo/slh3388.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
Al Waha After Nine

Smell/Flavor: Whoah! This shit smelled very strong of choclate-mint. even in the box it filled my room with its pungent smell. Flavor was a HUGE letdown. it tasted ok at first then i got pretty nasty...me and my friend couldnt smoke it anymore and switched the bowl after 10 mins.

Cut: pretty friggin wet for AW. standard AW cut with a few stems.

Smoke: semi-thick. it was outside and a tad windy but im sure if indoors it woulda been nice since everytime i smoke AW i get nice puffy clouds.

Buzz: got me a nice mini-buzz like AW usually does, nowhere near AW strawberry tho.

Amount(approx)/Duration: 10mins. this stuff was very dissapointing now i have bout 40 grams left with nothin 2 do.

Hookah Type: 27inch MYA Bohemian w/MYA cloisonne hose.

Bowl: MYA Bowl

Foil/Screen: regular reynolds double foiled

Coal/Amount: 2 silver coal japan style coals

Liquid in Base: ice and h20

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 2/10. after hearin rave reviews i was excited that a shop in the mall carried a buncha AW samplers for 3 bucks so picked it up, but was disgusted by the taste. woulda gotten a 1 but i was enjoyin it for a whole 2 mins.

• 4 months later...
AL WAHA AFTER NINE

Set up: MYA mini, ice in water, golden coals (x2)

Acclimation: None for round one...could not wait...except for a stir or two in the tub. I do not recommend this, it gives a bad bias to any tobacco, all brands can use that circulation and time to let the flavors distribute evenly. Now when I open the tub it is a completely different animal.

Cut: One or two stems and a few large uncut leaves. Removed the stems and cut up the leaves. Two ways to look at it, bad quality control or a good way to prove to your customers that it realy is tobacco leaf in there.

Smell: Strong, there's chocolate and there is mint. It is as simple as that and there need not be anything else!

Smoke: As others have found, this flavor smokes thick from the get go.

Duration: 1hr 15 min in the MYA bowl, 2 rounds of coals, it all used up into a tidy little puck with very little loss of flavor towards the end.

Overall: Agreat first impression without acclimation and an even better impression after having given it time to adjust to its new environmental surroundings. 8.5-9/10 for flavor, duration and consistency. This is a maassel that doesn't fool you from the tub to the smoke. I dislike surprises and this one was dead on delivering truth. A great addition to anyone"s after dinner treats or cold winter night smokes.

I have never posted a review before and I was debating wether or not to add the "Buzz" category since it doesn't natter much to me, but I know many people like the nicotine effect so here you go....
I smoked the whole bowl by myself in one sitting stopping for re-coaling once. It stayed so flavorfull that I couldn't stop...then I stood up to get the phone....+++BUZZ....I could not have passed a field sobriety test by walking straight! Not nauseous, sickening or headache inducing just a good old fashioned buzz. Duration 10 minutes with no ill effects.

I can't compare to other like flavors such as Chocomint from other producers because I have not tried them, but i am not disappointed with my purchase.

Next two tubs to try: Arabic Coffe, Two Apples.

• 1 month later...
Al Waha after nine

smell: at first strong but then you really smell the choco mint

cut: usual al waha

smoke: nice thickness

flavor: damn this stuff is good! taste just like choco mint! leaves your breath really fresh too

overall: 10/10 out of all the shisha i have tried so far, this is my favorite.

• 2 months later...
Al-Waha - After 9

Set up - Mya Bambino and a few ice cubes

Coals - 4 Jap Easy Lights

Cut - Standard AW,

Smell - Mint and chocolate

Taste - Decent taste, quite strong enough to taste it, very nice! biggrin.gif

Smoke thickness - Dont know why but I didnt get much smoke :/

Buzz - Very little buzz

Duration - 45 mins

Overall - 5/10. Decent taste but not enough smoke for me sad.gif

Al Waha After 9

Setup - Mya QT, standard bowl, 2 3K's, ice in base.

Cut - Pretty nice, super juicy, pretty low stem count.

Smell - Extremly overpowering, its incredible (in a good way). Smells exactly like chocolate mint, like a York, or hotel turndown mint.

Taste- Exactly like smell, a nice chocolatey mint flavor that really cools your tongue, though the mint is just a tad overpowering of the chocolate.

Smoke - Think clouds after just a few pulls, nice and puffy white.

Buzz - After just 10, 15 minutes I can already feel it, even though I'm sitting down. Walk it off, got a drink, and it hits me again about 20 minuts later.

Duration - Close to an hour, but could have lasted longer if I lit more coals, the shisha was only about half cooked through.

Score - 9/10 Great flavor, cut, smell, and so utterly juicy, just a little heavy on the mint.

• 3 weeks later...
Al Waha After 9

Set up: 22" Egyptian hookah, small Super Chief bowl, 1 layer of Reynolds HD foil, 4 Easy lites, Nammor hose, homemade diffuser, and cold water in the base.

Cut: Usual Al Waha cut, 2 small stems in the 23g I pulled apart for this session. Nice and juicy! cool.gif

Smell: Alot like Junior mints or Andes mint candies. Also had a slight alcohol smell like Creme de Menthe. Smelled great!

Taste: Just like it smelled except alcohol flavor didn't come through. Like smoking a choclate mint candy. Very tasty. A thoroughly enjoyable smoke!

Smoke: Hide the stem thick awesome clouds. Not at all harsh.

Buzz: Packed a wallop! Good buzz nice for after dinner with nothing to do.

Duration: 1 hour would have been more but coals were spent and too lazy and buzzed to bother. LOL

Overall: 9.5/10 .5 deducted for stems. A very nice, relaxing, tasty smoke. I'll be buying a 250 g tub of this to keep around. If you like chocolate and mint you should try it.

• 2 weeks later...
AL WAHA AFTER NINE

Cut: Nice, few stems. Really wet, very messy.

Smell: Mostly Chocolatey, a hint of mint. If you take a big whiff, you smell something like fresh cut grass.

Taste: Excellent. Great balance of mint and chocolate.

Smoke: This was my first time using the phunnel and scalli mod, and I think I put too many holes in the foil so the smoke wasn’t great. When I covered some of the holes I got some good clouds.

Buzz: A very mild buzz.

Overall: 8/10 Great taste and smoke. Would’ve got a ten, but the buzz wasn’t quite there. This could've been a bad batch though, so you should still try it. The taste's great!

Al Waha After 9

Cut: very sticky and creates a mess.

Smell: Awesome. Like an Andes mint. Strong chocolate with great mint behind it.

Taste: Flavor is great and is there. Mint is most noticeable but the chocolate is no slouch either! Dies too quick tho sad.gif and burns easily both making it taste like arse.

Smoke: Average thickness. Not great but not bad either.

Buzz: It was there. Not strong by any means but very relaxing.

Overall: 8/10. Flavor dies too quick and burns too easily. Also, makes cleanup afterwards very annoying cause the molasses flavoring gets EVERYWHERE. Every nook, cranny, and screw thread will have some of that sticky molasses. Annoying to cleanup and smell/flavor sticks in hookah but great smoke.

• 2 months later...
Al Waha After Nine

Setup: Same as always. Medium Acrylic, medium phunnel, mod, baroody natural coals, cold tap water.

Cut: Not many stems at all. Relatively finely cut tobacco.

Smell: Oh man, I want an Andes chocolate. Minty-Chocolate goodness.

Taste: I love chocolate. And I love mint. And this gives me both, in huge quantities.

Smoke: Pretty thick, nothing too amazing.

Buzz: Pleasant, but not overpowering. I can still do my homework. If I want to.

Duration: I can keep this going with flavor for 3+ hours. Great duration for a not dripping wet shisha.

Overall: 9/10

After Nine is my favorite shisha for a couple of reasons. It's one of the few flavors to have a strong, distinct flavor rather than a weak undertone, which I really like. Also, it's pretty easy to get great clouds with. It lasts really long, and its cheap! Overall, its just one of the best shisha buys out there. I'm sold.

Al Waha After 9

Setup: 22" Blue Egyptian hookah

Cut- A medium cut and its REALLY juicy and sticky. It's a dark brown color and it smells like those chocolate mint candies biggrin.gif

Smoke- Wow... It's really thick! But not as thick as Starbuzz

Buzz- After a while, I got a REALLY big buzz! Then, it went away

Flavor- First time I smoked this, it tasted really good. But after a few bowls, the flavor started to die down on me ohmy.gif

Overall: 7/10 It's a great flavor at first, but then it's not "amazing" after a few bowls. rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...
Al Waha After Nine

Setup: 32" Egyptian
Phunnel bowl with no mod
1- layer of Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil
Water and Ice
2- 3 Kings 40mm coal

Cut: The usual Al Waha (medium cut) mine was a little bit on the dry side

Smell: The mint smell overpowers the chocolate but one the first wiff of the mint goes away the chocolate comes in, just like an Andes mint.

Taste: After nine tastes like it smells, for me and my friends the chocolate taste was there but somewhat faint. The mint flavor really gets to you and leaves you with a nice minty aftertaste that leaves the mouth after a minute or two.

Smoke: I would say the smoke would be medium to heavy on occasion

Buzz: I had a good buzz as I was passing the hose around, one I got to my 2nd bowl it was mostly me and my friend just passing it back and fourth and this contributed to giving me a headache (sorry guys, I am still a lightweight dry.gif )

Duration: Around 45 minutes

Overall: 9/10 I've not given Al Waha a chance, this is actually my first flavor from them. I usually use Starbuzz. But since this had good reviews I decided to give it a go. And I have to say this flavor is pretty good. I havent tried any other chocolate or mint flavor from other brands but after tasting this, I don't know who could top it. The only downside is that the session doesn't really last very long, and even if you were to lengthen the session with another coal, the chocolate flavor would be drowned out by the mint. For me to give this 10/10, I would want to taste the chocolate just a little bit more. Edited by ahhhdam

• 2 weeks later...
Al Waha After Nine

Smell: Like and Andes, or after 8 after-dinner mint

Taste: very rich and accurate

Smoke: clouds

Buzz: pretty nice if you take your time

Overall: I didn't like this, so it was a good thing I only bought a 50g. The flavor was very nice however I thought it was too much. Just like the candies its made to taste like, its very nice in small doses. After 10 minutes though, I was sick of it.

Al Waha After Nine

Setup: QT, funnel, and exoticas

Appearance: Typical Al Waha, not quite as wet though

Smell: Like the chocolate mint bars that they leave on a hotel bed

Taste: Like what it smells like, very good

Smoke: thick smoke

Buzz: relaxing buzz

Overall: 9/10 very good but not my favorite...

• 4 weeks later...
Al Waha After Nine

Setup: Large Al Fakher hookah (one hose), Nammor hose, Mya bowl, Exotica coals, cold tap water

Appearance: Noticable stemmage, Somewhat on the dry side

Smell: Kind of like an Andes chocolate mint type deal

Taste: I dig it, very much chocolate, very much mint. No flavor really overtakes the other 9/10

Smoke: Very nice smoke, nice and thick but not over the top

Buzz: I've never really gotten a "buzz" from any shisha so not really applicable

Note: Mine seemed very heat sensitive, had to move the coals pretty constantly so it didn't burn. Ended up burning the first bowl I had, since I wasn't paying overly much attention to it. Maybe a fluke with my pack but something to keep in mind

Overall: 8/10, Not a bad shisha, definitely will end up getting more. Hopefully it was just the pack that I got that was so heat sensitive.

Al-Waha After 9

Setup: Large 32" Egyptian w/standard Large Bowl and Luxury Hose

Appearance: Dark, a little dry, but pretty uniform

Smell: YUM

Taste: It was good, the mint was pretty noticeable. Been done for like 20 mins and still have a minty taste in my mouf.

Smoke: Real thick, real good, pretty consistently thick.

Buzz: This is where it kinda loses points. In the first 15 minutes or so it's a pretty relaxing buzz. It makes me a little sleepy (it could be the fact that it's like 1AM). BUT, after 20 minutes or so, it gives me a headache and a nauseous feeling. It's not the coals.. I tried it with Rollands, Japs, and Exoticas. Same nauseating effect each time.

Duration: I had to stop after 30 minutes or I was gonna yak. Haven't had this feeling with Starbuzz Tropical or Al-Waha Africano Kiwi.

Overall I give it a 7/10... That nauseating feeling is killing me. I'm kinda glad I only got a 50g. It could be expired though, but I dont think I'm gonna go this route again.

• 1 month later...
Al waha After Nine

Setup- hobohookah, bowl that came with it, 1 diamante quick lite(never getting these again) 1 starlite, ice in bottle

Smell- smelled bad maybe cause of the box was a little damp like the snow melted through the shipping package.

Buzz- none really maybe cause i have been smoking only fantasia recently

Smoke/flavor a decent smooth smoke not to thick. Flavor is wierd at first as its my first chocolate I dont quite like it but i havent stopped smoking it kinda grows on you its not a really strong flavor but its very noticeable

rating out of ten 6 just not a big fan of chocolate mint

• 6 months later...
Setup: Al Waha - After nine or eight wateva dey call it

Bowl:
Hose:
Screen/Foil:
Liquid In base:

Cut:

Smell:

Taste: 100% damn da choco and mint is da finest ting i av tasted

Smoke Thickness: u wudnt really care once u taste it

Buzz: 100%

Duration: 1-1 1/2 hours

• 5 months later...
Al Waha - After Nine

Setup: 27" Monsoon Triple Hose, generic clay bowl, Super Kima coals

Sticky wet leafy with a few stems... very strong chocolate smell. I loaded the bowl and waited for my friend to come over... I'm currently in Iraq and have a small room (chu), and I could smell the strong chocolate everywhere. My friend finally showed up after about 30 minutes and all he knew prior was that we were going to smoke something different... he recognized the chocolate smell from the uncooked covered bowl as soon as I opened the door.

Tasted as good as it smells... we both agreed that it was a very good flavor and a nice break from the fruity stuff we had been smoking. The taste really started picking up after 10-15 minutes and it seemed like I had silky chocolate in my mouth for a bit after I blew out the smoke... impressive after taste

Nice smoke... nice clouds for an hour.... kept the taste for an hour and half, but the last 30 minutes had a bit less smoke and the flavor changed a bit, not as heavy on the chocolate which let the mint sneak in. I prefer the heavy chocolate that left the impressive after taste, but enjoyed the whole smoke.

In a nutshell, I'm very impressed with the experience... not an everyday flavor choice... you have to be in the mood for something different, so I'll keep this one around for when the mood hits. I was expecting a lot from this smoke after reading some of the previous reviews, and it didn't let me down.

9/10 only because it is not one that I could do everyday

John

• 6 months later...
Al Waha after nine

Hookah: Mya globe
Bowl: small egyptian
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: km rainbow
Coals: 40mm golden
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short cut, dark, lots of stems
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: choco mint
Taste: mint choco
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 1 Hour

Purchased From: local shop
Overall: 7/10 Its alright.I like it better than nakhla chocomint but I prefer classic nakhla mint for anything mint.I won't buy agin but its pretty good

• 8 months later...
[b]Al Waha After Nine[/b]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Mya Mini Acryllic
[b]Bowl:[/b] Mya mini mod bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor (Large)
[b]Coals: [/b]3 Kings QL
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water w/ Ice

[b]Appearance:[/b] Short cut, dark, lots of stems, soo many stems, red dye
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base: [/b]Honey & Glycerin
[b]Smell: [/b]maybe a hint of choclate and mint
[b]Taste:[/b] I got a hint of the mint but nothing like what a straight mint flavor would do
[b]Smoke:[/b] Decent Clouds with high heat.
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] 35 mins, I couldn't bring myself to put on more coals because of the lack or flavor

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Local smoke shop

[b]Overall: [/b]4/10 Decent Clouds, but the taste is almost non-existent I tried different coal variations. Perhaps I'll try again with cocos since I still have some tobacco, I really wanted something chocolate and mint and I was told thats what this was. The people at the smoke shop said they liked it. But just like every other Al-Waha flavor I smoke very little flavor. I've found in the past tho pre-mixed mint/cocoa flavors have left me somewhat wanting.