Chocolate Mint

Rani

Al Amir Chocolate Mint

I don't normally do reviews of anything because I find that taste in everything is very personal, but decided to add one as I'm sitting here with Al Amir Chocolate Mint going right beside me.

Hookah: Sahara Egyptian single hose - my faithful standby.
Bowl: Standard clay large that came with the set-up.
Foil/Screen:Plain old Reynolds Heavy Duty-holes wherever it looked like it needed one.
Coal: Single 3 Kings 'cuz I loaded the bowl light since this was the first time trying this flavor.
Liquid: Plain old tap.
Cut: Nice and moist, finely cut, no large stem pieces I could find.
Smoke: Abundant as usual for Al Amir.
Buzz: None, except maybe mental relaxation because I'm enjoying it so much.
Amount: I loaded the bowl light - since I was just trying it out.
Duration: I'm 30 minutes into it as I write this and still loving it.

When I opened the container it smelled exactly like a 72% cocoa bar we'd opened at the office today. Lovely rich smell. Couldn't smell any mint to it though. I was a little concerned because I can get really tired of chocolate really fast even when I'm eating it. But when I added the coal, wow...... First couple hits were like pure chocolate. Even now my entire bedroom smells like chocolate. The mint fragrance may have not been there at all, but it showed up in the taste. Nice clean, just enough to clear away the heavy taste of chocolate. Tastes just like an Andes mint to me now. Very smooth, makes my mouth feel nice and clean without being overly minty. It seems like I have some weird tendency to burn Al Amir for no reason I can figure out, but this is holding up beautifully. My two cats who hate my hookah keep creeping inside the doorway to sniff, so something good is going on. I love this flavor! Wonder if it comes in kilos?

'Rani

• 1 year later...
Al Amir Chocolate Mint

Setup: Mya QT
Bowl: Medium phunnel with mod
Hose: stock hose
Coals / Foil: Easy-lite japs
Liquid In base: Adagio Chocolate mint tea

Cut: Very finely cut, with quite a few stems

Smell: Major chocolate scent with just a hint of minty undertone

Taste: Tastes delicious, like a peppermint patty. The flavor lasted the whole session.

Smoke Thickness: thick clouds

Buzz: nonexistant

Duration: 2 hr 25 min

Overall: This was a great flavor, it lasted the entire duration and never faded. I really enjoyed it, and with the tea in the base it really gave it that extra smooth flavor. 8.5/10

• 1 year later...
[b]Al Amir ChocoMint[/b]

[b]Setup[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] MZ Oasis/ 32" KM trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] KM glazed clay bowl/ Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Coal:[/b] 3 half coconaros for Egyptian, 4 halves for phunnel
[b]Hose:[/b] Homemade
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Foil (alum)
[b]Liquid:[/b] ice water

[b]Tobacco[/b]

[b]Cut:[/b] Medium, small stems.
[b]Colour:[/b] Red... Dyed beyond belief.
[b]Texture:[/b] soupy
[b]Smell:[/b] Smells like milk chocolate with a hint of mint
[b]Flavour:[/b]
Egyptian bowl: good chocolate flavor with a great mint taste... kind of like an andes mint.
Phunnel: More of a straight chocolate flavor with very little mint. not near as good imho
[b]Smoke:[/b] surprisingly better clouds out of an Egyptian. billows out of egyptian, and medium out of a phunnel
[b]Duration:[/b] 50 minutes out of egyptian and 2 to 2-1/2 hours out of mini phunnel
[b]Buzz:[/b] not really

[b]Overall: 8.5/10

I would recommend against a phunnel for ChocoMint al amir, even though you will have a blood red vase with an Egyptian bowl.
[/b]