Honeydew Melon

mushrat

Al Amir honeydew melon

Typical AA in cut, feel, look, the works. Now, I may amend this review later, was a semi-off night...but i'd say this one is a bit of a let down. There is a melony flavour there. Not quite honeydew, not quite cantalope. btw it says honeydew, but the picture on the box is a lope. The flavour reminded me of a weaker, less sweet AF melon, which will knock your socks off. Its sweet, but not as sweet as blackberry (my favorite AA), not bad over all, but there are better melons out there. side note: I gave sopem Tangiers red tea to some folks at the cafe, who mixed it with pharoh's Peach, which is DAMN fine btw. They put just a little Tangiers in there and viol'a peach tea! I only hit it a few times as I was leaving but I *AM* going to try it again. The majority of the ma'asell being the Pharohs, the Tangiers wasn't as heat sensitive it seems. Anyway...more probably tomorrow.... (Make up my oxygent tent martha, going to be a long month!)

• 9 months later...
Al amir honeydew melon

smell: sweet, a little bit like a melony cough syrup

cut: fine not many stems

setup: homemade nalgene hookah using 3 kings

flavor: not much if any all i could taste was the tobacco not much melon taste at all

buzz: none

I give it a 4 out of 10 because I got some thick clouds with it, but the flavor was just not there.

• 6 months later...
Al-Amir Melon (250g Jar/Tub)

Setup:
12" Mini Pear Hookah
Cold tap water in base
2x 3Kings QLs

First Impressions:
I Paid $8.99 at a local shop for the 250g tub. I was a little hesitant since the manufactured date was 11/06 but it's the only place that sells Al-Amir so I gave it a shot. Opened up the box in the car and there sat a jar, unlike other Ma'assal it was not in a separate baggy in the jar although had an airtight "freshness" seal. Very moist, not quite Layalina Grape moist (SOAKED!) but very goopy.

How I packed:
Pencil in the center to create the funnel effect with a tighter pack since it has the hole in the center.

Cut: Pretty fine cut with a few stems mixed in. Smalls stems, generally thick but less than 1/4" long. Very moist and goopy, not soaked, but just right. 8/10

Smell: Wow! The scent packs a HUGE punch. Smells like fresh cut cantaloupe mixed with honeydew. Fantastic! 10/10

Flavor: Very good, tastes like fresh cut ehoneydew. This one is definately sweet, but not candy sweet, ripe fruit perfection sweet. Definately one of the more natural and more potent flavors I've had in my experiences. Great flavor, will buy this one again! 9/10

Density: I lit this one up a mere 20 minutes ago and had to review, it's delicious! So far pretty dense, nice clouds, floats around a little. I would compare to Layalina clouds. 8.5/10

Duration: Can't really mark on this after such a short period. I will update this as I go lol.

Thoughts so Far: Mmmm....melon without the hassle of cutting it up and taking out the seeds. This sure is tasty and might be my favorite flavor yet. Good density and a good cut mixed with the fantastic smell and flavor have made this one stand out. Also, for being over a year old this is still prime and very fresh. Even with the nice typo on the box saying it lasts "tow" (LOL!) years. 9/10

This ma'assal gets my recommendation! It's great.