Wisdom Teeth and Hookah?

Hey guys,I just got my wisdom teeth out, exactly a week ago to this day. Anyways, I'm still healing and I know that the friends were planning a trip to the local hookah bar tomorrow. Does anyone know how hookah and wisom teeth removal mix? Going off to google it but was just curious if anyone knew off the top of there head. Bizarre, yes, but I had to ask. Thanks!

hmm dont know about that. but i got a wicked bad ulcer in my mouth, and it got a bit sore, but i think that was cause i was messing with it too much. But beyond that it didnt hurt at all, even when the smoke got harsh. And thats an open wound :D

if it's been a week I doubt there is a problem. For a few days after you don't suck straws or anything because of dry socket, which is painful shit. I strongly suggest though if the hookah does not have a very easy draw that you avoid it just in case.How is everything healing up? Were there complications like impaction requiring a lot of work?

Do NOT smoke hookah after getting your wisdom teeth done. Sucking motions can rip out the stitches and possibly give you dry sockets, which are painful abcesses inside of the areas where the teeth once were

I have to agree after thinking a bit about it. If it's been a week and things are going right I had Ms. Scalli right back to work a week later after hers with no problems Hehe! Sorry bout that. Back to all seriousness it would not be worth it I can guarantee you if you did get one or MORE dry sockets. They are as bad as a very bad toothache.

Abides - A dry socket, to my understanding, is when the clotting from the blood is ripped off of the wound and can get infected. I think that's what it is. Anyways, quite painful from what I've heard.Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll wait some more before I start smoking again. Thanks for the advice.Edit: Just checked the brouchure they handed out and apparently I'm suppossed to avoid smoking for [b]at least[/b] 3 days after. I might end up going and smoking just a little, not going to though if the draws hard. Thanks again guys.

After a week your healing will be well underway, but if you get any blood whatsover in your mouth while making a suction (straws are not a good idea!), you should take some antibiotics.

Definitely wait on that. I bought a hookah a couple of days after I had my wisdom teeth taken out as a get well present to myself. If you can create suction with your mouth without feeling any discomfort from your sockets, then go for it. It took me a week and a half for my mouth to heal before I could get back to smokin'.