Blackberry

aronparsons

Starbuzz Blackberry

Setup: Mya QT, Mya bowl, Mya hose, foil, 3 Easy Lite Japanese coals

Appearance: A fairly rough cut with some stems. I still find the stem count disappointing for the price of the stuff.

Smell: Well, I don't know exactly what a blackberry should smell like, but this definitely screams "berry" of some sort. It's mouth-watering.

Flavor: It lived up to the smell. It reminded me a lot of the Starbuzz raspberry I had a few months back, but different. I want to say it was a little tangy. In any case, it was very delicious.

Smoke: Thick throughout. Had some nice Os going.

Buzz: None.

Overall: I really liked this berry flavor. I ordered it due to some comments in the forums and the fact that I loved the Starbuzz raspberry. I highly recommend this one. 8.5/10.

• 5 months later...
-=Starbuzz BlackBerry=-

Blackberry has sutile blackberry taste,kind of creamy rather than fruity. Mild flavor, but very tasty and pleasing for long smoke sessions wink.gif

The Good:The tin I got was burgandy colored and juicy (as always w/SB).The smoke was thick and fluffy with a mild taste of blackberry. Tasted like blackberry cobler,sort of.

The Bad:
There were a few huge stems, but it mostly was a consistant small cut.

The Ugly:
The flavor was't as potent as flavors like -blueberry-

-=Final Words=-
I smoked it with my tangiers phunnel (w/glass mod) and it lasted over an hour and started hitting real well after the first 10 minutes.(typical SB)

The smoke was thick and fluffy with a mild taste, but a pleasing taste
A recommended flavor. 8/10 (it makes a great mixer! theres the .5 pt)

Can be mixed with others flavors easily- here's a few of mine
  • Vanilla (Blackberry cobbler w/ side of ice cream...Mmm)
  • Cocoa tangiers (Truffle)
  • blueberry (berry smoothie)

• 1 year later...
Starbuzz Exotic Blackberry

Setup: Cheap solar hookah, Mya bowl, basic Mya hose, foil, 3K coal (33mm)

Appearance: Rough cut with some stems. (stems = bad)

Smell: Smells like blackberry jelly

Flavor: Tasted like a jar of Smuckers that was made with blackberries that were too tart

Smoke: Started out with nice thick smoke but burned easily. I think it was starting to dry out... it had been sitting in my brother's stash for a little over 3 months and I don't know how well he takes care of his shisha.

Buzz: None.

Overall: The session started really good, but started to turn ho-hum shortly thereafter. I've had better blackberry flavors than starbuzz, but it was still a decent smoke... 7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
Starbuzz: Blackberry

Smell: Very fruity. Smells like blackberry jam.
Taste: I really liked it. If you're in the mood for a fruity berry flavor, this is it.
Smoke: Really thick
Buzz: Light
Duration: About an hour and a half.
Overall: 9/10 Very tasty. Also tastes awesome mixed with other flavors (particularly Blue Mist).

• 3 months later...
Starbuzz Blackberry

Set up:
mya acrylic
mya bowl
Reynolds HD 1 layer
coco's

Cut: Typical Starbuzz cut

Smell: The smell is pretty similar to a blackberry other than it smells really tart.

Taste: It has a pretty powerful blackberry taste. It's really strong and actually gets kinda boring after about 30 min.

Buzz: none

Clouds: Typical "Starbuzz" Clouds

Duration: 1 hour

Overall: 7/10
This flavor is really strong and tart, It's pretty good but one of those flavors you kind of get bored of. I think it would have great mixing potential. I have heard on this forum that it mixes well with blue mist. This sounds sort of crazy but I think it would mix with SB white peach really well. I probably wont buy this again and I probably will mix what I have left.