Grape

Erica

Al Fahker- Green Grape

Set Up- Mya Bohemian, Mya Standard bowl, Mya regular hose
Coals- Jap, 2 quarters.
Smell- Smells a little weird. Nothing like green grapes, or any type of grape for that matter.
Smoke- Good smoke but the flavor is nothing like a grape.
Overall- To me the flavor almost tastes like tomatos or ketchup. I don’t like it at all. Maybe if I had some hot dog flavored tobacco it would be good but it is real bitter and there is no sweetness like grapes. I do know that this is a good mixing flavor but by itself it is no bueno.
5.5/10

• 1 month later...
[color="green"][b]Al Fakher Grapes![/b][/color]

[b]Smell/Flavor:[/b] Hard to find the right word to describe. But damn it smells fantastic! [img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/Johnny_w_D/love.gif[/img] I could not wait to get this home and pack it's Juicy goodness

[b]Cut: [/b]nice and fine cut. Didn't notice too many stems. Wet Wet Wet!

[b]Smoke:[/b] Thick smoke!

[b]Buzz:[/b] Very Mild, but i have been smoking for years!

[b]Duration: [/b] 1 & 3/4 Hrs using 4 3-King type QL's. Flavour stayed good the whole time.

Overall this has to be a 9/10 [img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/Johnny_w_D/love.gif[/img] This is right up there with my fav's and i will be keeping a stock of this.

JD

• 4 months later...
Al Fakher Grape.

Setup:
Hookah: 32" Egyptian
Bowl: Standard Egyptian
Coals: 2 fair sized natural coals
Foil/Screen: screen
Water: Iced water

Cut: Typical AF cut, wet and juicy.

Smell/Flavor: Grape, grape, grape...

Smoke: Thick, velvety smooth smoke

Buzz: Gets you to your happy place

Longevity: 1 hour +

Rating: 10/10. One of my "go to" flavors, along with AF mint and Nakhla double apple.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Al Fakher Grape:

Setup: My QT, Mya Wide Hose, Medium Tangiers Bowl, 2 Easy-Lite Japanese coals

Cut - medium, very very wet and juicy, in a bag because the plastic tubs they come with are worthless.

Smell: Grapes. not grape jolly rancher, not grape flavoring, grape. Think white grape juice.

Smoke: Thick, white clouds, basically immediately.

Flavor: exactly like it smelled, like i was eating white grapes. Sweet and tasty.

Buzz: A very mellow unwashed shisha buzz. Not deadly, but a bit much for my solo session

Duration: I got buzzed too much to keep smoking after the first coal died, so i called it quits.

Overall: 9.5/10 I'm quite impressed. Very good buzz, very good flavor, and very good smoke.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher-Green Grape

Setup: Torrent (Mya) Acrylic Hookah, two Namoor hoses attached, funnel bowl with mod, ice bucket mod

Appearance: Red, moist, a few steams

Coals: Noor

Smell: A little like candy...

Smoke: Tasted incredible. Couldn't taste much of the coals at all, just grape vapor. A little like candy, but it works

Buzz: Typical Fakher: I like it, its smooth, not overpowering, and incredibly relaxing

Score: 9/10; this flavor was great and might have been the best smoke I've had to that point.

AF Fruit Punch (Cocktail)

Same setup, same appearance, same coals, except I used a smiley bowl and glass screen

Smell: Like Licorice and cherries

Smoke: The smiley bowl makes a difference, or this is a really good flavor; was like inhaling evaporated fruit punch. Great.

9/10, because the flavor was imperfect, but good in my opinion

AF Combo: Cola and Cherry

Same setup, tulip bowl this time

Smell: Like Cherry Coke

Taste: EXACTLY like Cherry coke

10/10. Must do again. It had a playful quality to it. Edited by clibinarius

• 2 months later...
AF Grape

Setup: 26" Egyptian 1 Hose Sphinx, phunnel, no mod, nammor hose
Cut: Fine, soaking wet
Smell: Very sweet. Don't know how to describe it, but it's awesome
Smoke: Good size clouds
Taste: Really sweet grape. It's awesome
Buzz: N/A I don't get buzzes much anymore
Duration: 1 1/2 hour
Overall: 9/10. Awesome shisha!

AF Grape

Setup: 26" Mya Acrylic, Standard Mya bowl, modded hose 1/2" gauge, 33mm 3Kings (two first time got harsh quick unless constantly managed, second time only one was perfect)
Cut: Typical AF cut. Wet as hell
Smell: Sweet smell of pure grape. The other girls I was smoking with agreed and loved the smell.
Smoke: Great, thick clouds.
Taste: Sweet grape. Like welch's grape juice.
Buzz: Nice relaxing buzz. The girls, especially one of them, felt very "dizzy", the typical nicotine sensitivity. They liked it until the sensitive one threw up after a second bowl a few hours after the first.
Duration: 1 hour. Top was only barely turning black! Could easily of had smoked it another hour or hour 1/2 easily.

Overall: 10/10! New Favorite and will use this flavor to introduce people to hookah. Strange how one girl was hyper sensitive to the shisha and threw up after the second bowl that was smoked almost 6 hours after the first. Its ok tho cause she still loves hookah tongue.gif

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher White Grape (UPDATED REVIEW!!)

Smell: Updated : Stills smells funky to me. Smells more like wine than anything else.

Smoke: Thiiiiiiiiiiick! Thick thick thick! 10/10.

Buzz:Update : I put about a3rd of a cup of merlot wine, and after about 45 minut
es i got a baby buzz which didn't hurt my head or anything just made me feel happy. smile.gif

Duration: About 20-30 minutes.Update : Lasted about 2 hours. 4 golden QL's just slapped on my phunnel.

Flavour: Disgusting flavor (To me). Update : Flavor was DELICIOUS. I can't describe the flavor but white grape and wine. Superb! 10/10!!

Overall : 10/10. Nice thick clouds of smoke. Update : HELL YES. Next order is gonna be a 250g tub of this and romman coconut. Jesus christ this was delicious. Edited by Dekon

• 2 weeks later...
Brand and Flavor: Al Fakher White Grape

Shisha Cut: Medium cut, wet

Hookah Type: 26" Syrian

Duration: 2 Hours

Bowl: Medium Funnel Bowl with Mod

Foil / Screen: Aluminum Foil

Coal / Amount: 1 full Exotica finger coal

Smoke: Medium/Heavy Clouds

Buzz: Small Buzz

Smell / Flavor: Smelled like grape jelly. And tasted so good.

Rating (1 to 10): 10!!!! Def one of my favorites. It was a hit with all my friends. I will always make sure I have this around.

• 2 weeks later...
Al Fakher Green Grapes

Smell/Flavor: Smells like sour artificial grapes. Tastes like sour grapes...with a weird hint of sour ketchup or something huh.gif

Cut: Very wet! But grrr! So many friggen stems! Like just a small pinch would give me TWO stems

Smoke: Semi thick but nothing close to starbuzz biggrin.gif

Buzz: Got a lil buzz but then it went away.

Amount(approx)/Duration: One hour

Hookah Type: 22 Inch Blue Egyptian

Bowl: Standard egyptian.

Foil/Screen: double foil (Reynolds)

Coal/Amount: 2-4 Pieces of Rolland coals

Liquid in Base: ice and h20

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 6/10. At first, the flavor is "OMFG!" But then after a while, it gets really old and doesn't taste great anymore. Not only that, it stinks up your pipe and hose dry.gif ...Or maybe it's just me who thinks that? Lol. Edited by JillyIsJustKidding

• 3 weeks later...
AL Fakher Grape

Set up: 30" Egyp. AF healthy hose, Belgian coal, big Egypt. bowl. 15g of shisha
Smell: the axact smell that skittles grape has

Cut: Nice and wet, couple of stems

Smoke: really thick

Buzz: none to really really little , i'd say relaxing than buzzing
Taste: The most amazing shisha ever -1

Duration: 1hour 45 mins and the flacour was perfect and crisp, i stopped cz i didnt have more time.

Overall: 9.9/10. The flavur is just perfect but i gave it 9.9 cz i tried the golden grapes and i have to admit, the golden has that little something extra. A bit sweeter maybe, but if you dont like sweet flavours this would be your 10/10

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Grape.

Setup:
Hookah: 30" Egyptian
Bowl: Standard Egyptian Bowl
Coals: 2 Golden quick lights
Foil/Screen: Foil
Water: Iced water

Cut: Typical AF cut but was drier than I anticipated and had a lot of stems for AF.

Smell: Kind of smelled like grape.

Taste: Faint Grape.

Smoke: Very thick and smooth smoke. Huge clouds.

Buzz: Relaxing minor buzz

Longevity: 1 hour +

Rating: I would give it 7/10. I had read only good things on the reviews of this but I was kindly bummed out. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Grape

Cut - A few little stems

Smell - A really good grape smell, kinda sweet aswell

Taste - exactly like the smell

Smoke - Got good thick clouds within seconds of the session , that lasted through out and died a little in the end as the coal died (which ofcourse is normal)

Buzz - Non at all

Duration - A good hour

Overall - I really liked this flavour, and it is on my favorite list at the moment, 8/10

Al Fakher Green Grape

Hookah: 28" Egyptian
Bowl: standard glazed clay/also used the glazed clay bowl for a second trial
Coals: one Pharoh's Elite quicklight
Foil/Screen: Foil
Water: water with cubes

Cut: Typical AF cut. This stuff is sopping wet and really sticky. Only a few stems.

Smell: Hard to place this one; it's almost like grape wine, grape candy, and tomatoes mixed up together. It smells really, really sweet, but something just isn't right about it. I grew up in grape country and I know what grapes smell like. This flavor is not it.

Taste: Moderately sweet at first. There is an unpleasant tangy aftertaste similar to the Romman Fruit Cocktail or shisha that has been sitting too long. I spent most of both sessions trying to identify exactly what I was tasting.

Smoke: Medium. A bit lighter than the other Al Fakher flavors I have tried. I even stired the shisha mid-way through and repositioned the coal several times, but the smoke seemed to stay consistant.

Buzz: I acheived a decent buzz from this. Maybe a little too strong for my night relaxation session, but not terribly overpowering.

Longevity: Used one coal for a little over an hour.

I can't say that I was a fan of this flavor at all. It is sickening sweet, really wet, produces a lighter smoke than I am used to, a bit more of a buzz than I am used to, and leaves you with an undescribably funky aftertaste. This is my least favorite of the Al Fakher flavors so far.

2/10

*Edit* After giving this yet another try and reading a review about this flavor, I have to agree that there is a hint of a ketchup smell to it. I think something in the tobacco/syrup mix is really acidic...either way it is unpleasantly funky. It seems people either really like this or really hate it; I almost think that the batches may vary because this stuff is not good. Edited by vaypourus

• 1 month later...
AF Grape

Im not even gonna review this. Smelled like ketchup-ass, tasted like ketchup-ass. Smoke was OK but I almost gagged after smelling it for 30 minutes. I tossed it.

It was a 50g box marked March 2008. Smoked once in my ultimate combo once in a small funnel w/mod. Both times tasted terrible.

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Grape

Appearance: Very moist, minimal amount of stems. Red in color.

Smell: Smelled like wine grapes! Was very sweet smelling.

Taste: Had a taste on both the inhale and exhale. Very flavorsome smoke.

Smoke: Huge clouds, got it going after a few puffs with some natural coals.

Buzz: Slight buzz for the first 5 minutes, but went away after that.

Duration: 2 hours. 2 sets of coals

Overall: A very good tobacco, one of my favs. The clouds of smoke was amazing and the flavor from the tobacco really came through. 9/10

*Note : I use natural oak charcoal for my sessions. 3 smalls pieces to be exact. The sizes are roughly 1in x 1in x 1.5in. So 3 pieces = 1 set. Edited by modisess

AF Grape

*I was nervous about getting this again, the first time I got a "ketchup" batch, but better results now*

Setup: MYA Bambino, small egyptian bowl, one Golden quicklite coal.

Appearance: Regular AF, red, fairly wet, fine cut

Smell:
White grape - no ketchup!

Smoke: Fairly good, no massive clouds, but continuously good smoke throughout the session

Flavor: Definitely grape, not too extreme, but it was there the whole time

Buzz: Slight buzz about halfway through

Duration
: A solid hour, still good shisha on the bottom.

Overall: 8.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
Grape

Setup - MYA QT, MYA hose, Coconara's, Cold filtered water, MYA Mod bowl

Appearance - Very little to no stems. AF cut with red dye, juicy...somewhere between Tangiers and Nakhla

Smell - Ok, now I understand the "ketchup" smell. It smells grape but I could detect a faint whiff of ketchup (not enough to stop me from smoking it)

Taste - Not candy grape thats for sure, it tasted like real grape though, not overly sweet. It was an excursion, it tasted of grapeseed at times though too. Couldn't detect the ketchup.

Buzz - Very little

Smoke - Clouds, typical AF

Length - 100 min.

Overall - 8/10 It was good, but wasn't the artificial grape that I was hoping for (as weird as that sounds). Like all AF the smoke thickness was awesome Edited by duckhater

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Grape (Man. June 2008)

Smell/Flavor: Smells kinda like grapes that are close to being rancid. Extremely sweet and overpowering. Flavor is pretty close to how it smells, which I can only describe that it kinda tastes ok, but it really doesn't. The more you smoke the more you know that its not any good,

Cut: The most stems I've ever seen in shisha, along with the leaves being almost pureed.

Smoke: Nothing earth shattering, but decent sized.

Buzz: Very light

Amount(approx)/Duration: 1 1/2 hours.

Hookah Type: Sryian 3 hose chiller, with 2 ports closed up, and my single port bored out to remove the autoseal bearing.

Hose: Nammor

Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel

Foil/Screen: Hd Ren Foil, 20 toothpick holes comprised of 2 rings with 12 on the outside, 8 on the inside

Coal/Amount: 3 coconaras in the triangle, wind cover probably about 30 minutes in

Liquid in Base: Aqua

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 2/10.. This stuff gets such rave reviews, and I don't see how. The cut is for shit, the smell and taste are for shit. I expect maybe a few stems, but AF seems to cut there stuff this small, so they can leave in the stems, and stiff you. There are as many stems as there are leaves in this stuff, which means you really get half of what you pay for, since stems are pretty much worthless. AF then pours as much glycerine and flavor to cover the low grade tobacco used, and honestly the flavor is borderline rancid smelling. I do not have a bad batch, as there is no ketchup smell or anything like that. It definately smells like grape and tastes like grape, but there is an underlying flavor that I can only describe as fruit going bad that taints it all. All in all, there is nothing that makes me want to try more AF from this. Specially as I got a very much bad batch of AF melon at the same time.

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Mint

Setup:
MYA QT w/ CH Coals
Bowl: MYA bowl
Hose: Razan
Screen/Foil: Social Smoke Hookah Foil
Liquid In base: Ice water

Cut: Medium, few stems

Smell: Potent mint smell. Not purely peppermint - some spearmint and/or menthol detected.

Taste: Tasted exactly like it smelled. Mint has a cool and refreshing taste which lingers in the mouth quite nicely.

Smoke Thickness: Smoke was very full and billowy. No complaints in the smoke department.

Buzz: Slight

Duration: Two hours. Mint is easily detectable even towards the end of the session.

Overall: 9/10 - I thoroughly enjoyed this flavor. Very easy to deal with, rarely got harsh, and had full, lasting flavor throughout the session. What more could you ask for?

• 11 months later...
[size=4][b][color="#98FB98"]AF Mint[/color][/b][/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size=2]Smell: Just like mint should smell like. Smooth and cool.[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size=2]Taste: Really cold! My favorite mint as of now.[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size=2]Smoke: Typical AF; pretty nice clouds.[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size=2]Overall: 8.5/10 I still get that slight "toothpaste" undertone every once in a while, which I am not real fond of. Still my favorite mint shisha though![/size]

• 2 months later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#800080"]GRAPE[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Diva
[b]Bowl:[/b] Mya mini
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Precut foil
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] 3Ks
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] fermenting fruit
[b]Taste:[/b] spoiled grapes
[b]Smoke:[/b] Minimal
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]30 minutes

[b]Purchased From:[/b] local TCN shack

[b]Overall: [/b]1/10 I was surprised how awful this was in contrast to the rave reviews it's received in the past. One of my hobbies is making wine. The smell when I opened the package was just like fermenting grapes, which isn't a pleasant scent. The taste was repulsive. At one point it teetered on "okay" but went quickly back to tasting like rotting fruit. Since I didn't get this from a "reputable" source, and failed to check the expiration date, this could've been an anomoly. I'll try it again if I get a sample, but don't plan on buying this in the future. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Grape

Setup: Badshah Hookah, just a regular bowl, water. In the future I'd probably pair this with either some wine in the vase or a glass of wine...and I'm not even a big wine drinker...

Smell: To me, it smells somewhat like Welch's grape juice, with some chemical undertones, but it smells very sweet. It's also very pungent. Not only could I smell it outside of it's packaging, I can also smell it in the ziplock back that I have it in right now, which is in a book-bag filled with clothes...

Cut: A little thinner than Starbuzz, but not by much. Very moist, and some stems, but they were very small, so I packed them in, anyway.

Smoke: The smoke was great - pretty thick for the amount of heat I had on it. I just used two crappy Chinese coals that gave off so little heat, I could pretty much hold them in my hand. (they weren't really that bad, but compared to the stuff I usually use, these burned cold...)

Taste: Apparently AF Grape experienced a flavor transformation a while back that caused many die hard AF fans to disown the flavor. I never experienced that flavor change, but I think it's safe to say that the good AF grape is back. My box contains tobacco produced in 2010, and it tastes like I'm drinking a glass of Welch's grape juice. It's wonderful.

Buzz: I'm not that experienced of a smoker, and while I got a buzz, it wasn't a major buzz - enough for me to enjoy it, but not so much of one that I couldn't function after my smoke.

My session lasted only about 45 minutes because I had to cut it short. I had to help pressure wash the house...I enjoyed it so much, though, that I'm about to go finish off the rest of this 50g box.

I give this flavor a 10 out of 10. I got great smoke, it had a great taste, and managing the heat was not a challenge. It was nice to be able to sit down and enjoy smoking without having to fuss with the coals every few minutes. This flavor is now one of my favorite flavors, and I'll be keeping a box in my fridge at all times.

• 1 month later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#9acd32"]Grape[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Piccolo
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in red dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Ketchup Covered Grapes
[b]Taste:[/b] Ketchup Covered Grapes
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]30 Minutes

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]1/10 This is a common problem with AF Grape. I have experienced this other low grade grapes out there... IT'S KETCHUP! Something about getting an artificial white grape to taste right is harder than I thought. This is December 2009 Production.