Earl Grey

jonny_lech

Flavor: Earl Grey

Setup: Mya Bohemian, folded aluminum foil, 1 large 3Kings QL, cold filtered water in the base.

Box is orange and silver and has the "Sheherazade" logo on it, but it also is clearly marked as a Nahkla product. Maybe it's an exotic line for them.

Cut is about what you expect from this brand. As usual, it's sticky and gooey, but not dripping with flavor like other brands. It smells like an earl grey tea bag.

Flavor: It has an almost black peppery flavor to it. It's sharp. It's not for the fruity inclined. It leaves you with a bit of harshness, but the sheer novelty of the flavor is interesting. It tastes like a peppery earl grey tea. The tea flavor is there, but certainly not as pronounced as one might hope.

Smoke: Thick thick thick. Not as billowy as you might think though.

Buzz: Typical Nakhla buzz. Strong. Will kick you around if you're not used to it or careful with your hits.

In conclusion? It's an interesting flavor. It's not bad. But it's not *good* either. This is a novelty buy. I would keep it around to show off. But I can't see myself buying more of it. I'd go for trading for some to try, rather than simply buying a brick of it.

• 7 months later...
Nakhla Sheherazade Earl Grey

Setup:29" Syrian, ice water, diffuser, 3 1/2 3ks, small funnel

Cut: "As usual, it's sticky and gooey, but not dripping with flavor like other brands. It smells like an earl grey tea bag."

Flavor: Really good I love it, in tastes like earl grey and has a florally taste to it

Smoke: good not the thickest but thick

Buzz: I have one, but it is a small one

Overall: on my favorites and I think this will be a good mixer 9.9/10

• 8 months later...
Nakhla Sherazade

Earl Grey

I picked up a 250 of this from hookah company because I love my earl grey tea. Suffice to say this flavor didn't disappoint!

Cut:
A bit different from standard nakhla, looked a bit like al waha cut, only with more stems (love em!)

Smell:
It smelled like a handful of strong earl grey, only stronger.

Taste:
Tasted like it smelled, very good... the tea flavor is in there, and it's accompanied by a somewhat floral tasting citrus that sort of reminded me of orange zest. Really pretty dead-on earl grey.

Smoke:
This is the only section that wasn't out of the ordinary, It was pretty much just normal nakhla smoke, but because the flavor had so much bite to it, I was wary of putting extra heat on. It wasn't as fussy with heat as Tangiers, but not far behind.

Buzz:
Good, strong, relaxing buzz.

Overall:
8.5/10 It's a good buy if you like earl grey, or are a fan of k-peach, or florals/citrus in general. I'll be buying more once I run out.

• 4 months later...
Nakhla Earl Grey

T

Flavor: A+
If you like Earl Grey tea then this is the flavor for you. It's spot on! However, if you're not into the tea I'd recommend just getting a small pack to try it out first.

Smoke: A*
Typical Nakhla smoke, not as thick as Tangiers or AF. *Added a bit of glycerin and it now produces true thunderclouds.

Duration: A
After adding glycerine the baccy lasts forever. A medium phunnel goes on for about 5-6 hours (although after the 3-4 hours mark there is less flavor).

Notes: out of the box, this baccy was a lot juicier than your typical Nakhla. The cut hasn't changed but there were no large stems in my box, just small pieces of stems. I don't think they use food coloring either.
Great baccy if you're sick and tired of fruity flavors!

• 11 months later...
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][b]Nahkla [color="#FF0000"]Earl Grey[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Chinease No Name 15 inch
[b]Bowl:[/b] Mod Bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynold Heavy Duty[b]
Hose: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Rainbow
[b]Coals:[/b] CH Nats
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, Moist.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Jasmine, Rose, very floral
[b]Taste:[/b] Exactly how it smells but not as strong, still strong though.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Decent Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]Not usual Nahkla Buzz, medium at best
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah John!
[b]
Overall: 7/10 It's very very floral. I'm not sure whether I like it or not. Good buy in 50g, wouldn't get 250 though. It's great if you like floral flavors. It tastes like popuri(sp?). It's kinda like what I would imagine chewing on incense would be haha. I thought it would taste like black tea, kinda nuty, but it doesn't. Idk....just strange i guess. Gives a weird aftertaste though.[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#1C2837"][size=2][b]
[/b][/size][/color][/size][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#1C2837"][size=2][b](Stuie's format)[/b][/size][/color][/size][/font]

• 1 month later...
[b][size=3]Nakhla [color="#808000"]Earl Grey[/color] (Sherazade Line)[/size][/b]

[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Hemi Bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynold Heavy Duty[b]
Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, Sticky.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Earl Grey and Lemon
[b]Taste:[/b] Like a Cup of Earl Grey Tea
[b]Smoke:[/b] Great Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]Good
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com
[b]
Overall: [/b]10/10 The smell is overpowering! But the taste is just perfect! I am not a big Earl Grey drinker, but I am not definitely a big Earl Grey Smoker! A lot of people will taste this and have nightmares about it because is is such a bold, complex and unique flavor like the tea that it is a taste is an acquired one.[/size][/font][/color]

• 5 months later...
Nakhla earl grey

Sorry guys for not writting in the format recommended.I'm writting this review on my blackberry lol. I got hold of 50g pack of this. I've had earl grey tea and this shisha smells very similar to the tea. Smoking wise I get a very rich taste of cardamom. Its a pleasent smoke however I couldn't see my self smoking 250g of this. If you like cardamom then its a must try. If your like me, give it a go. I can see why people would rate this. For my taste buds I would give a 6.5/10 very flavoursome. Those who like spicey herbal taste smokes, it probably would get a higher may be 8/10

All I can say is, I enjoyed the smoke. I don't regret smoking or buying a 50g pack. Made a channge to my regular smokes.

Cut wetness etc are identical to the other sherazade flavours.

Give it a try if your like me you'll enjoy the one off smoke.

• 9 months later...
[b]Naklah [/b]Earl Grey
[b]Hookah: [/b]Mya Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Standard Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: Golden Quick lights 40mm[/b][b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b][/b] Water

[b]Appearance: moist and sticky, typical Naklah, few stems
[/b]

[b]Nicotine: [/b][b].5
[b]Unwashed[/b]
[b]Smell: very complex spicy potpourri[/b][/b]
[b]Taste: how laundry detergent smells[/b]
[b]Smoke:[/b] big white clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Typical knock you on your ass Naklah
[b]Duration: smoked for about 10 minutes but I could see it lasting 1.5 hours like every other Naklah[/b]

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah Company

[b]Overall: 7/10 I thought this tasted like laundry detergent and me and my friends decided to change it out after about 10 minutes... one of my friends said it taste just like the Earl Grey tea he drinks at work. Meaning if you like Earl Grey tea get this because they did a good job replicating the flavor.... I guess I just don't like Earl Grey tea. You can always get a 50g pack to sample. Personally I would rate it lower then this but that's not fair just because I didn't care for the flavor.
[/b]