Apple

killajakez

Nakhla Apple

Cut: Coarse, some stems, a little dryer than my Nakhla peach.
Smelled a little bit of apple, but anise was as dominant, if not more.
Setup: 32" Steel Egyptian Hookah (Have to find the pic...sry)
Washable plastic hose.
Three Kings instant light, 1 coal. No windguard, instead fabricated one out of foil.

Experience/ Taste: Took about 1-2 minutes to get going. Right off the bat, it tasted like "the hookah lounge taste", because apple is what everyone orders. While it was a pleasant smoke, I will not buy this flavor again. The flavor does not last, and is not that great to start with.
Buzz: Typical light nakhla buzz (I smoke 2x a week). Shared with 6 people, so could be stronger.

Overall rating: 5/10
If someone had a better experience, please share. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Nakhla Apple

Setup: Egyptian style, single hose hookah, tangiers phunnel bowl, tunisian style hose, foil, 2 coconara coals, water in base

Appearance: Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, slightly sticky, a little on the dry side
Nicotine: 0.5%
Smell: Candied Apples or sweetened applesauce
Taste: Almost like apple cider with a hint of anise. Not nearly as much as DA
Smoke: Good clouds, smoked outside and the clouds were still very thick...I can only imagine what they would have done inside
Buzz: A nice, soothing buzz...not too strong, but noticeable.
Duration: 1.5 Hours... could have gone for another hour at least

Overall: 10/10 This is the very first shisha I tried way back in the day (almost 7 years ago). It has been a staple in my regular rotation ever since. If DA has too much of an anise for your taste, I'd highly recommend trying the single apple flavor. You really can't go wrong with this flavor. It mixes well with other flavors (cinnamon is the best mix IMO) and is good as a stand alone. You won't be disappointed with this one!

• 1 year later...
[size="3"][b]Nakhla [color="#ff0000"]Apple[/color] (Classic Flavors Line)[/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Mya Saray Spire Bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Metal Screen
[b] Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, Moist. Natural Red Dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Anise
[b]Taste:[/b] Anise and Red Apple
[b]Smoke:[/b] Great Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]Good
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com
[b]
Overall: [/b]9/10 It's not great, the anise is real heavy, but there is a bit of red apple on the exhale that's just nice.

• 4 months later...
Nakhla Bahraini apple (in jar)

Hookah: Km single pear
Bowl: Alien mini phunnel
Screen/Foil: reynolds HD
Hose: nammor
Coals: hj coconut
Base Liquid: h2o

Appearance: pretty normal nakhla cut, undyed and unwashed, moist, but sticky moist, not wet, akin to tangiers stickiness
Nicotine: .5%
Base: molasses?
Smell: great, nice sweet apple and rich anise
Taste: mellow anise and sweet apple with a bit of an almost almond flavor
Smoke: lots
Buzz: pretty rockin'
Duration: 1.5 hours

Purchased From: hookah-shisha

Overall: 9/10. This is really good stuff! It starts out strong with a nice red apple and anise smoothness, anise on the inhale and apple on the way out. Not as flavorful as DA, but really good nonetheless.

• 2 years later...
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]After a summer off I am back!!![/font][/color]

[b]Naklah [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Apple[/font][/color]
[b]Hookah: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mya Bambino [/font][/color]
[b]Bowl:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] standard Egyptian [/font][/color]
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Reynolds Heavy Duty[/font][/color]
[b]Hose: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nammor[/font][/color]
[b]Coals: coconaras [/b]
[b][b]Base Liquid:[/b][/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Water[/font][/color]

[b]Appearance: moist and sticky, typical Naklah, few stems not wet[/b]

[b]Nicotine: [/b][b].5
[b]Unwashed[/b]
[b]Smell: liquorice[/b][/b]
[b]Taste: liquorice overpowering a slight apple undertone[/b]

[b]Smoke:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] big white clouds [/font][/color]
[b]Buzz:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] very nice what you would expect from the band[/font][/color]
[b]Duration: 1.5-2 hours[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[b]Purchased From: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hookah shisha[/font][/color]

[b][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Overall: 7/10 First, I am not a fan of anise flavoring at all but as always I try to keep my review objective to the flavor as a whole and not personal preference. The anise certainly overpowers the hint of apple undertone, although I believe that is how traditional apple flavors usually are. Personally I much prefer Naklah's double apple flavor and would not purchase this one again. On that note the anise flavor was sweet and if you like liquorice you will enjoy it. Good buzz and duration although it was harsh at times. [/color][/font][/b]