Strawberry

Johnny_D

Nakhla Strawberry:Smell : Well, it's like the strawberries are trying to jump out of the packet and into your nose. Amazing.Smoke : Just spent an 1 1/2 with it. Smokes so well for such a long time. Tastes good to the very end. Amazing stuffFlavour : Strawberries all the way, right down to the very end.I am a big fan of Nakhla. I've been all over the middle east and this is without doubt... 'the taste of home'JD

• 3 months later...
Nakhla Strawberry

Setup: MYA QT

Smell: Strawberry

flavor: Mild Strawberry from begining to end. Almost more of a aroma than a taste

Smoke: Fairly thick

Good stuff for the price. Better strawberry flavor can be had, but I have not found a better one for the price.

overall: 7/10

• 5 months later...
The Setup: My 28" Ballerina, double foil, toothpick-sized holes

Nakhla Strawberry:

Smell: Light, aromatic strawberry smell. Nothing too strong, but not very natural-smelling. 4/5
Cut: Waxy, stringy cut. Very sticky stuff with a lot of seeds. I have to wonder if I got a subpar batch. 3/5
Smoke: A fair amount of smoke, nothing too thick like you're used to with Nakhla. 4/5
Taste: Nice smooth strawberry taste with a great finish. Lingers until the bowl is almost finished. 5/5
Buzz: The buzz was on and off with this batch. Sometimes it hit you like a ton of bricks, sometimes it was nothing at all. 3/5

Overall: 4/5. I wouldn't buy a bigger box.

Nakhla Peach:

Smell: Very nice strong peach smell. My wife wanted to eat the stuff raw! 5/5
Cut: Nice leafy, sticky stuff with a small amount of seeds. This is the Nakhla I like. 5/5
Smoke: Once nicely lit, a nice wispy great smoke. 5/5
Taste: Very light peach taste with a small waxy aftertaste. Disappointed after the initial smell when loading the bowl. 3/5
Buzz: Almost no buzz at all. I have to wonder if there were too many holes in the foil. Disappointing. 3/5

Overall: 3/5. I'll try another bowl but my first impression isn't a good one.

• 3 months later...
Nakhla Strawberry

Appearance: A little dry.

Smell: Now that i have smoked it, it actually smells like candy strawberries you get from a bank or something.

Taste: Disgusting. tasted like soap (Not sure if i got a bad batch but i still will never buy this again unless i get quite a bit of cash flow).

Smoke: Not the thickest i've had but pretty good.

Buzz: This is the interesting part. As soon as I started smoking it, I felt a very small buzz that lasted throughout the entire 90 minute session. It was very pleasant and relaxing.

Overall: Edit : I just threw this away yesterday and i'm updating my review which is crazy horrible dry.gif. Overall rating stays the same cause it still tatses like soap. 2/10

Not the best flavor i've had. Edited by Dekon

• 1 month later...
Nakhla Strawberry

Smell:candy like Strawberry

flavor: the flavor jumps out right of the start and stays pretty consistent but after awhile can kinda get a little sicky sweet.

cut: not many stems at all

smoke: great thickness

its about 5 bucks for 250g you cant beat that

Buzz:pretty strong has knocked out 2 of my friends (pace yourself)

overall: 7.5/10 Edited by Tom508

• 4 weeks later...
Nakhla Strawberry

Setup: Syrian 24-26in, Syrian Hose, Lebanese Bowl
Smell: it smells like candy strawberries
Flavor: when i smoked it i couldnt taste anything. i dont know if that was just me but i couldn't taste a thing.
Duration: Smoked for an hour or so on 1 bowl. It didnt start getting nasty tasting until i added another coal and for some reason the coals themselves caught fire, not the shisha.
Thickness: not very thick. only got thick when i added like 3 coals
Overall: 5/10- just not my thing at all

• 1 month later...
Nakhla Strawberry

Got this at a local Middle Eastern market. Paid $4.99 for 250g and a lot of people are where I am get their shisha there.

Setup:

12" Pear Hookah
1 Hose
1 3Kings Coal
Water & Ice in Base

Smell:
Like strawberry candies. Smells great. 8/10

Cut:
Lots of stems compared to Al Fakher. Somewhat sticky and moist but no where near the wetness of Al Fakher or Romman. 4/10

Smoke Density:
Quite thick and billowy. 7/10

Flavor:
OK, I get a slight chemically taste, not very good. I get more "tang" then strawberry. 4/10

Duration:
45 minutes, after that the taste is non existant. 5/10

Overall & Closing Words:
This is my first Nahkla purchase and I am kind of dissapointed. I had heard good things about the flavor but it was just so so. I deffinately prefer Al Fakher even though it's triple the price. I'll give it a total of 6/10 (Not an average).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Review : Nakhla Strawberry

Setup: Non Brand but dependable hookah with normal plastic hose, medium size classic unglazed bowl.
Two Cocobrico cubed coals at a time.

Smell: Very mellow but heavy, sweet strawberry smell.

Cut: Standard nakhla cut, not too many stems or well cut up small pieces of stem. Decently moist. not too clumpy or sticky.

Smoke: Good amount of smoke. Almost impossible to burn this tobacco, never got harsh.

Flavour: Very sweet, almost too sweet strawberry syrup-like taste. Can be overwhelming if you hit too much in a row.

Buzz: Not noticably heavy. Didn't hit me hard.

Duration: I could smoke for as long as i felt like it. Smoked for an hour and a half my last two sessions but could be longer, as stated earlier it just didn't burn. Flavour didn't kick either.

Overal: You have to be in the mood for sweetsweetsweet flavour, but if you are you'll get thick smoke, longlasting and strong flavour. 8/10

• 8 months later...
Nakhla strawberry

setup:
mya qt
2 coco-naras
small standard bowl
water in base
reynolds tinfoil
Cut: few big stems, not that bad tho. it was moist

Smell: it smell just ok. kinda like strawberry but it had this other chemical-like smell that wasn't that great

Taste: it was just alright..... coulda been better for sure

Smoke: it took a long time to start up. but once it was going it was some good clouds, not the best i had tho

Buzz: a slight buzz that i felt more in the beginning but kinda faded.

Duration: about 1.25 hours

Overall: this flavor was just "ok" for about all the things i rated it on. i don't think i'd purchase it again unless the only other option was al waha raspberry. 6/10

• 2 months later...
Nakhla Strawberry (Classic Flavors Line)

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Hemi Bowl
Screen/Foil: Reynold HD
Hose:
Nammor
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, slightly sticky, bit red
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Like Strawberry
Taste: Sweet Strawberry
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: Mild
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 10/10 This tastes like a sweet strawberry without being candyish. I love it. It's some of the best strawberry out there. I am so mixing this with some margarita next!

Nakhla Strawberry

Smell: just like normal fresh strawberrys

Taste: Amazing sweetness balance gr8 not to sweet like most other brands tastes exactly like fresh strawberrys 

Duration: 1:15 min then started a new bowl gr8 stuff!!!

Smoke: good white clouds!

Overall: 9.9/10 i really enjoyed this flavor most other strawberres i tried were too sweet that u couldnt smoke for long but this one is so well balanced a must try!!!!

My first post here.

Nakhla Strawberry (Local quality)

Hookah:
Basic Egyptian type, 30 inches tall
Bowl: Standard clay bowl
Foil: Regular foil, 1 layer
Coals: 2 Mera quicklights

Appearance: I've only ever used Nakhla so far, so same as always really.
Smell: Quite a sweet smell, not like real strawberries, but it smells nice.
Taste: Much like the smell, sweet, candy like. If you are smoking this alone or with just one other person it can sometimes become a little overwhelming and sickly, but taking longer pauses sorts this out.
Smoke: Good thickness and volume, nice and white.
Buzz: A slight buzz, not as much as from a cigarette for example, gets you quite lightheaded if it's just you or one other.
Duration: Around an hour.

Overall: 9/10 This is one of my favorites, a staple flavour in my opinion. It can get a little sickly, and it can get a little harsh, but both only occur in smaller groups as mentioned, and can be resolved simply with a slight break and some water. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
Nakhla Strawberry:

Setup: Mya QT, MiniPhunnel, 2 cocos

This is my first try of Nakhla Strawberry, just came in the mail. When I opened the silver baggie, I noticed that it was dripping wet which is very new for OG Nakhla, and I was happy. It was nice and wet, without being a goopy mess like AF/SB/et al.

Packed it nice and tight in my miniphunnel with 2 cocos and off I was. It was beautiful. I have AF Strawberry which I find cloyingly sweet and sugary. While the Nakhla was still a "sweet" strawberry flavor (more like a jolly rancher than a real strawberry), it was much milder and easier to take overall because it wasn't so overly sweet.

Look: More like the mizo cut, with a lot of long stringy bits. Many "tan" bits instead of the standard dark brown rough Nakhla cut. Very wet, but not in the goopy Starbuzz way.
Smell: Like sweet strawberry. Faint, but just enough that you could smell it when you had the coals and foil on but hadn't taken the first pull yet.
Taste: Like sweet strawberry, not overly sweet or super powerful - typical Nahkla flavor balance
Clouds: More like mizo than typical OG, but they were hitting nice with 2 cocos on a mini
Buzz: I don't buzz anymore from nakhla, so I feel it's unfair to say "no buzz"

Overall: Great flavor, very smokable for long sessions, unlike the AF counterpart. Not quite as good as Peach, but it seems like it would be both a good mixer and good straight up.

7.5/10

• 6 months later...
Nakhla strawberry

Hookah: Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Narbish
Coals: 2 Coconaras, split into four halves

Appearance: Average Nakhla cut
Nicotine: .5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Tobaccoey strawberry
Taste: tobacco with strawberry flavor added
Smoke: Nice big clouds
Buzz: Laid me on my ass. After 30 mins I had to go lay down. It was a good buzz, though.
Duration: 45 mins? I was kinda out of it...

Purchased From: HookahJohn!

Overall: 10/10

Nakhla Strawberry

Hookah: Tri-metal
Bowl: medium phunnel (37g)l
Screen/Foil: HD Reynolds
Hose: Homemade vinyl tube
Coals: Cocos

Appearance: light red in color, very gooey/sticky
Nicotine: .5%
Smell: like strawberry jam
Taste: Like strawberry jam
Smoke: awesome
Buzz: typical nakhla buzz
Duration: we were ripping on it real good, about 1 - 1.25 hours

Purchased From: Local distributor

Overall: 8.7/10 While it is a great flavor, and a classic nakhla flavor, i wish it was a bit stronger. It's still really good, it is just a very light smoke, which i like on some days, but would prefer a bit more flavor.

• 8 months later...
[size=4]Nahkla - [color="#FF0000"][b][color="#008000"]S[/color]trawberry[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Setup[/b]: Mya Bambino, small glazed standard bowl, standard Mya hose.
[b]Coals[/b]: Coconaras, cut in half
[b]Base Liquid[/b]: Cold water (I refrigerate my base w/ water in it, as well as the stem)

[b]Appearance[/b]: golden brown, sticky. Damp but not wet.
[b]Nicotine[/b]: .5%
[b]Base[/b]: Molasses
[b]Smell[/b]: Sweet, vaguely strawberry-ish - not sure I would know what it was if it wasn’t labeled.
[b]Taste[/b]: Eh. Not really a great taste for me. Again, vaguely sweet and strawberryish, but nothing spectacular IMO. Kind of mediciney.
[b]Smoke[/b]: Pretty good. I’ve only smoked a few flavors of Nahkla but have been pleased with the smoke of all of them.
[b]Buzz[/b]: A little (but I usually do when I smoke alone)
[b]Duration[/b]: about an hour. Just wasn’t into the taste enough to keep smoking it.

[b]Purchased From[/b]: Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: 5/10.[/b] The taste is neither good nor bad, but the smoke is good so I’ll definitely smoke the rest of the 250g that I have, but probably won’t repurchase. Will try mixing with Nahkla Mint or Al Waha Sweets and see what happens maybe.

• 1 year later...
[b]Naklah [/b]Strawberry
[b]Hookah: [/b]Mya Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Standard Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: Golden Quick lights 40mm[/b][b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b][/b] Water

[b]Appearance: moist and sticky, typical Naklah, few stems
[/b]

[b]Nicotine: [/b][b].5
[b]Unwashed[/b]
[b]Smell: very sweet[/b][/b]
[b]Taste: very sweet strawberry a little light[/b]
[b]Smoke:[/b] big white clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Typical knock you on your ass Naklah
[b]Duration: 1.5 hours[/b]

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah Company

[b]Overall: 7/10 I found this flavor to be just ok. The flavor is a little light and I found it to be a little to sweet for my taste. [/b]

• 3 weeks later...
Naklah Mandarin
Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Small tangiers phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconaras

Appearance: wet and sticky few big stems

Nicotine: .5
Unwashed
Smell: sweet and mandarin like
Taste: The closest thing I can think of comparing it to is orange.. So in comparison to Naklah orange it is a sweeter and less citrusy.

Smoke: big white clouds
Buzz: Average
Duration: We smoked it for about a hour but it could have lasted longer. We were done before it was.

Purchased From: Hookah Company

Overall: 8/10 I liked this flavor although I think if I was to pick between the two I would prefer Naklah Orange which is just my personal preference. If you have been following my last couple of reviews I have been having a problem in the buzz department and was thinking I had just built up a huge tolerance so the buzz I got from this made me happy =)Its a good flavor with noticeable differences between it and its orange cousin so give it a go.

Nakhla: Strawberry

Setup: mya qt, vortex bowl, water and ice in base
Smell: like the name suggests, strawberry (by the end of the session the entire house smelt like strawberry, this made the wife happy)
Taste: strawberry plain and simple, very nice and smooth
Smoke: Thick white clouds
Buzz: slowly to come on but when it did it was strong and long lasting, sputtered out by the end of the session tho
Duration: 1-2 hours

Overall: Very nice tobacco, nice flavour, smoke, buzz, everything about this was very relaxing and enjoyable. Started the session with 3 coconaras on the vortex bowl, when those were small about the size of a pencil eraser id gather them all in one spot and light 2 new coals to place in the other corners, kept smoking like a champ till those were out as well
9/10

Nakhla: Flames

Setup: mya qt, small phunnel bowl, luke warm water in base, 3 coconara coals
Smell: first out of the package had a nice smell, could exactly place what the smell was tho, but it was pleasant
Taste: cant really give this one a full taste review due to the fact that i messed up. i didnt change the base water before smoking so there was some ghosting taking place from the tangiers mimon i smoked just before.
Smoke: thick fluffy clouds
Buzz: short lived but strong while it was there
Duration: short, only 45minutes to an hour just used the 3 starter coals and didnt add more

Overall: I think this tobacco has potential, will definatly have to give a better review next time i smoke it again. There was just to much ghosting going on to give this its full review. As of now tho id give this a 7/10.