Orange Soda

zer0p1noy

Tangiers Lucid Orange Soda

Setup: Mya QT Knockoff, Razan Hose, Small Tangiers Phunnel Bowl
Coals: CH Quicklites
Cut: Standard Tangiers Cut
Smoke: Thick Big Clouds
Smell: Smells just like orange soda not really carbonated, but not flat orange soda
Flavor: Tastes like orange soda. though I've never had OG orange soda so i can't compare the two, the flavor here was really great.
Buzz: None
Duration: ~45 minutes. i definitely could have gone much longer, but it is way too hot outside here in the valley

Overall: 9/10 great taste, great clouds, definitely gonna keep this in my stash.

• 1 month later...
Orange Soda

Hookah:
Egyptian
Bowl: mod
Screen/Foil: screen
Hose: mya long handle
Coals: Golden
Base Liquid: Water w/ice

Appearance: Juicy, nicely cut.
Smell: a nice orange smell. it did smell like orange soda to me.
Taste: definate orange soda taste.
Smoke: Nice thick clouds.
Buzz: Nope
Duration: 1 Hour

Overall:9/10 this is a very good smoke. it tastes great, nice thick clouds. Would taste good with a mix of vanilla. i will definately buy more when i run out.

• 2 months later...

Setup:
KM Kafae, Tangiers small phunnel, 2 CH natural coals and Narbish hose

Appearance:
This had your typical Tangiers cut. Medium to long, thin strips of tobacco with a lot of juice; natural color. It smelled great as soon as I opened the package, but I left it out for ~1.5 hours to acclimate the night before I smoked it. It's amazing how much this stuff actually smells like orange soda.

Smoke:
The smoke wasn't the thickest I've had, but it was still pretty good. I'm sure you could get super-massive clouds if you put a lot of coal on it, but I am always a little overly precatious about burning Tangiers. The flavor was freakin' awesome. It was sweet, and it may not be for everyone; it is a great representation of orange flavored sugar syrup - I loved it. After about an hour it stopped tasting like soda and more like a generic orange flavor. The bowl lasted for well over 2 hours, through nearly 3 rounds of coals.

This is my new favorite shisha; it is that good. I could see where those that don't like really sweet smokes wouldn't like it, but I thought it was great. I recommend it to anybody looking for a sweet orange flavor.

(10/10)

• 3 weeks later...
Brand and Flavor: Tangiers Lucid Orange Soda

Shisha Cut: Typical Tangiers: large leafy, very moist, black in color, reminds me of cooked spinach.
- I did need to acclimate this for about 3 hours, it smelled awful when I unpacked it which I've never encountered with Lucid

Hookah Type: Mya QT

Duration: Going on 2 hour

Bowl: Mini Tangiers Phunnel

Foil / Screen:
Heavy Duty foil, single layer

Coal / Amount:2 Cocos

Smoke: White puffy clouds

Buzz: Very little Buzz

Smell / Flavor: After acclimating this it smelled strongly of candy orange. Once I started smoking it I was hit with a slight orange flavor with under tones of vanilla. I want to say a creamy orange with an after taste of orange in the back of my throat. It reminds me of a Orange soda float very sweet and tastey with no carbonation but not a flat soda flavor like AF cola if that makes sense.

Rating (1 to 10)
: 10/10, my new favorite flavor. I had smoked this in the unwashed version ages ago and the flavor isn't as strong but still very good. A flavor I will keep in stock. I think if I acclimate it a little longer I'll get more orange out of it and I get a very subtle tobacco taste to it.

• 3 months later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Hookah: Mya Qt
Bowl: Tangiers small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: cocobrico (coconut coals)
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical Tangiers
Smell: like orange soda
Taste: tasted like a orange cream saver candy but awesome!
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: considering i never get buzzed anymore i felt this one
Duration: 2 Hours

Test Flavors

Overall: 10/10 Very sweet, good for people that dig a sweet flavor

• 1 month later...
[size=3][b]Tangiers Lucid [color="#FF8C00"]Orange Soda[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] 34" KM ice
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds regular
[b]Hose:[/b] my homemade razan quick connect rebuild
[b]Coals: [/b]Ch QLs, 2
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Arbor Mist

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical Tangiers, little drier than normal
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.05%
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Orange, not candy, but a more mature scent
[b]Taste: [/b]a mature orange taste...reminded me of orange cream candies. arbor mist white zen compliments it very well. good, strong taste, can get a bit citrusy if too much heat is added
[b]Smoke: [/b]good clouds, nice and thick.
[b]Buzz: [/b]Minimal
[b]Duration: [/b]1.5 hours, this stuff lasts longer than i do

[b]Purchased From:[/b] gift from a very special person who asked to remain nameless

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10, this is the best orange on the market in my opinion. it doesn't have that cheap orange candy taste, it has more of the mature orange taste. it can get the citrusy and harsh if too much heat is added. as good as this stuff is, i couldn't smoke it every session, im just not a huge fan of orange. i love it in moderation, but not every day. however, if i am in a group that doesn't smoke much, this is a great option as it is very consistent, i can always count on it for a good session. i would recommend this and will probably buy more once i run out.

[b]*thanks for the format and content for the review, stuie*[/b]

• 10 months later...
[size="3"][b]Tangiers Lucid [color="#ff8c00"]Orange Soda[/color] (Flavor #10)[/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Dark Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Orange Soda
[b]Taste: [/b]Orange Soda
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] No Buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]10/10 This flavor is good in any line. I am not an orange soda fan, but it is a good occasional smoke for me. The smell smells like real orange soda and the flavor is strong orange soda. It's even good for us non orange soda fans. One of the few flavors that anyone can try, even you Starbuzz fans, and get hooked on Tangiers for life.

• 7 months later...

Hookah: KM OG Trimetal
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Nammor custom
Coals: Two CCNs each round
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Tangy that we know and love.
Smell: Orange Soda...
Taste: Just like it smells
Smoke: Thunder clouds. Tangiers never disappoints.
Buzz: None.
Duration: ~2 hours

Purchased From: Trade

Overall: 10/10. I love this flavor. IMO, one of the best oranges out there. I would definitely keep this in the stash.

• 8 months later...
[b]Tangiers Lucid Orange Soda[/b]

(Thanks to Stuie for the format)

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Kamanja Wheat
[b]Bowl:[/b] Crown Micro Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Sainsbury’s HD Foil
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical Tangiers
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.05%
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Orange
[b]Taste: [/b]Orange with a carbonated flavour
[b]Smoke: [/b]Huge clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration: [/b]3 hours

[b]Purchased From: 5-star Hookah[/b]

[b]Rating System: [/b]My ratings may differ to the normal so I think I should explain what they mean. Although I feel its hard to give anything a 10/10, I felt a benchmark was needed. As such so far only my favourite flavour has a 10, and everything else is in relation to that. Anything above a 5 I would consider smoking, and anything below a 5 is something I would not buy again. The numbers are an indication of the degree to which this is true.

[b]Overall: [/b][b]6.5/10 - [/b]Whilst I really like this flavour, i think that it doesn't like up to the hype a lot of people heave created for it. I find it can get sickly towards the end of the session, and some people I smoked with complained of an irritation at the back of the throat, I assume from the carbonation flavour element. I wil get this every now and then but it hasn't made it into my permanent stash.