Bug Powder

Jabbles180

Tangiers Bug Powder

Hookah: Freshly cleaned KM tri-metal M3
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds
Hose: Vinyl Tubing
Coals: Coco Nara, Start w/ 3 coals, once heated coals are moved to the edge, then coals added or subtracted as needed
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical Tangiers
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Strong Kashmir and Mint with subtle under-tones of other flavors
Taste: Kashmir Mint w/ flowery under-tones
Smoke: Epic large dense clouds
Buzz: Extreme, I usually don't get head high anymore and this kicked me hard
Duration: approx. 2 Hours

Purchased From: Eric directly

Overall: 9.8/10, could possibly be a contender for a new "always keep on hand" flavor

The flavor is just strong and complex. Quite possibly the most complex of the tangiers flavors. At first you distinctly get kashmir. About 15 min or so in the mint comes to the forefront. A little bit after the mint really kicked in a flowery under-tone began to appear. I was getting mixed reactions to taste as the kashmir and mint are definatly there but every couple hits other flavors began to appear leading me to believe its definately more than just a kashmir mint. Sometimes I got a taste of grape but i think it was just my head playing with the mixture of flavors.

The buzz really kicks hard. Super smooth cool smoke because of the mint but had me "moving" a bit in my seat from about 10 min in to about the end of the first round of coals. It was like I was a nub smoking, experiencing the buzz for one of my first times.

Once this flavor becomes production I feel it will have a large fan base. Its just so complex that I was left wondering if the flavor was going to be the same every hit. If your a mint fan, or a kashmir fan or even a flowery fan you will enjoy this blend. The flavor is just all around "full" and just enjoyable to the end. I hope all the new flavors are on par with how well this flavor is put together.

Note: I got my tobacco shipment in and its a hefty 9 kilos worth of flavors. This is my first review but expect more to come in as i get to know these flavors a bit more. Also,thanks to others for the layout of the review.

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Bug Powder

Hookah: KM 34"
Coals: Golden Canaries x 3 (then 2 the next round)
Smell: Flowery (sorta kashmirish) slightly cherry/blueberryish
Taste: kashmir-ish cherry/blueberry w/ a mint undertone and aftertaste
Smoke: large dense clouds
Buzz: No buzz for me
Duration: 6 hours

Review: Awesome! This is a wonderful flavor that has soo many different aspects. It has a wonderful flowery taste, reminds me of kashmir. But its accompanied by some sort of a cherry and blueberry mix of fruity flavor. Seems like every draw was slightly different, giving your taste buds a variety of flavor from just one bowl. Allllll of it with a wonderful mint undertone. Very nice aftertaste!

Me and my brothers proceeded to smoke this bowl for a good 6 hours. The tastes were strong for the first 3 hours, but transformed into a nice subtle taste the last 3.

Rating: 9 - Definately going to buy this when it comes out! Its very unique. I see this as more of a first step to smoking full kashmir peach or cherry. For those that dont like that potent kashmir taste, this would be a fantastic introduction.

Huggles to Eric!

• 2 weeks later...
My samples review:
I just got the samples and loaded up a bowl.

BUG POWDER

Hookah: KM Tri-Metal
Coals: diamonte finger coals
Smell: sweet and powdery
Taste: Powder or flowery, very dry and sweet.
Smoke: large dense clouds
Buzz: 3 hits buzz
Duration: 2 hours

Review: Very interesting flavor I like it. It may be floral, may not. Many flavor undertones. Like it was said before sweet, though I don't know what, maybe a little sour in there, a little undertone of mint. There is a definate flowery taste to it, i really like Tangiers florals especially when mixed with sweeter flavors. I think the flavor may be jasmine.

Rating: 9.5 - I really like this favor, very complex. It was the first to fully acclimate which is awesome since its raining out and I think its OG. Got a good buzz after the first 3 hits, but then I haven't been smoking Tangiers lately since my stash had gotten low. I can't wait for general production it may replace static starlight as on of my flavors. Got me really excited to start some of my other flavors. It will probably last longer than my 2 hours but I figure I want to do other things today besides smoke lol. I like to smoke for the flavor and not so much for the buzz but this has both.

• 4 weeks later...
[b]Steuie's Format

Tangiers BUG POWDER[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Hafa
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds HD
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Golden Canary Japanese Coals
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical Tangiers
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.3%
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Kashmir with a mint tone, possibly spearmint
[b]Taste: [/b]It tastes like straight Kashmir but a lot smoother, the cooling effect of the mint is present though. I now prefer this to straight Kashmir.
[b]Smoke: [/b]Great Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 hours and still smoking
[b]Purchased From:[/b] Not purchased, recieved in a sample pack

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 A very strong flavor. I am an addict of Kashmir flavors and this seals the deal. It is just as explosive as anything else Kashmir but with a smoothness that is incomparable.

• 4 weeks later...
[size="3"][b]Tangiers [color="#556b2f"]Bug Powder[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Odyssey
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Kashmir Mint
[b]Taste: [/b]Kashmir Mint[b]
Smoke:[/b] Huge White Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Good Buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Gift from Eric, Himself

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10 I love this stuff. Kashmir Mint. Never thought about mixing them but it's wonderful. My only complaint is it's not strong enough. Love the flavor to smack me hard with something like this. But all in all a great tobacco.

• 3 months later...
Tangier's Bug Powder:

[b]Setup[/b]: Mya QT
[b]Foil:[/b] Cheap precut stuff from H-S
[b]Bowl:[/b] Small Egyptian
[b]Coals[/b]: 3 ch nats
[b]Hose:[/b] Caravan grand washable
[b]Liquid in base[/b]: cold water

[b]Appearance: [/b]short cut, wet (Typical Tangier's
[b]Smell: [/b]Floral w peach overtone
[b]Taste: [/b]sweet, peach inhale with floral exhale
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b]None (wtf???)
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
Aclimation: 1+hrs
Purchased from Hookah John
8/10
Description of my experience:
When I opened the package, the first thing that hit me was the sweet floral scent. My first impression of it was "Wow! It smells like spring time!" It instantly filled my kitchen with floral peachy goodness! I was surprised because usually Tangiers has that soy sauce overtone before acclimation, but this one really didn't have that smell. The directions say to acclimate it if it has that soy sauce smell. My initial thought was to throw it in the bowl w/o acclimation since there was no smell, but I decided I'd acclimate it anyway just in case, and I'm glad I did.:good2:
I really liked the flavour of this shisha overall, but I wouldn't smoke it everyday. This flavour could be enjoyed once in a blue moon. I was surprised that it had no buzz for me, and it made me think I may have done something wrong, however the smoke was instantly smooth, delicious and trouble free. Since this is my very first experience with any floral flavors, I have to say I enjoyed this one. I'll definitely try more floral shishas in the future. On a scale of 1-10, i'd give this one an 8, simply because of the lack of buzz, and the hype surrounding it. I'm not saying the experience was negative at all, I'm just saying that it was overhyped quite a bit, leading to a decent experience overall, but not at all as awesome as I expected. The high price tag was a factor also, but I also understand that it takes quite a while to produce this flavour, meaning Eric has to gather enough of his shisha concoction to bring this to the masses. I will say this though, Eric has created a very unique blend that a lot of people enjoy, and I am one of the lucky ones who get to experience it. Thanks Eric!