Tangiers Mixed And Multiple Reviews

cymptom

Tropical revenge

used a QT with a chinese phunnel with 2 cocos and a nammor
the smoke was thick like normal but i didnt get a buzz and the flavor tastes like a hint of pineapple. it was ok, not good or bad. lasted about 3 hours
5/10

Orange soda

used a QT with a chinese phunnel with 2 cocos and a nammor
typical tnagiers smoke, gave a little buzz. AMAZING FLAVOR too bad it didnt give the carbonation feeling in your mouth. smoked it for about 3 hours. the orange soda changed to just orange flavor around 45 minutes to 1 hr.
9/10

• 2 weeks later...
Tangiers Lucid Blue Gum Ball

Setup : Mya Razo, Mya Hose, Small Phunnel, Windcover (after 20-25mins), Golden Canary Japanese Coals (3 cubes).. more sets of coals as needed.

Smell : Smelled very good, but it's hard to pin what it smelled like. A blue slushee, with a hint of rasberry and blueberry is as best as I can describe it.

Flavor : It tastes like it smells for the most part, but not as strong.. the smell will flood your sense, while the taste is very smooth and delicious. I compare it to a blue raspberry candy cane, or a blue slushee.

Duration : I pack my Lucid like Al Faker, I don't cram a lot in, I would say I use roughly 30g and that lasts me 1-1/2 hrs. Then I scrape the top layer off.. add a pinch more (5-10g) and can pull about another hour out of it.

Buzz : Not a whole lot, if any. I feel more relaxed smoking this than I do other washed flavors, but I don't get punched in the face like OG Tangiers.

Overall : I am highly impressed, and will most assuredly be buying this flavor again. 9/10

Note : I pack light like Al Fakher to conserve shisha, but still maintain 2-2 & 1/2 hours, using the method noted under Duration.

Tangiers Lucid Tasty Peach

Setup : Mya Razo, Mya Hose, Small Phunnel, Windcover (after 20-25mins), Golden Canary Japanese Coals (3 cubes).. more sets of coals as needed.

Smell: It smells exactly like the gummy peach O's.

Flavor : It tastes pretty much exactly like the gummy peach O's.

Duration : I pack my Lucid like Al Faker, I don't cram a lot in, I would say I use roughly 30g and that lasts me 1-1/2 hrs. Then I scrape the top layer off.. add a pinch more (5-10g) and can pull about another hour out of it.

Buzz : Not a whole lot, if any. I feel more relaxed smoking this than I do other washed flavors, but I don't get punched in the face like OG Tangiers.

Overall : If you like the gummy peach O's then you will like this flavor, I told John at Hookahjohn.com to suprise me with a 3rd flavor and this doesn't dissapoint. It's not something I would buy consecutively though.. after I run out I'll stock up on it again in a month or two 8.5/10

Note : I pack light like Al Fakher to conserve shisha, but still maintain 2-2 & 1/2 hours, using the method noted under Duration.

Tangiers Lucid Watermelon

Smell: It smells like watermelon gum. It has a very strong smell that you can feel in the back of your chest if you take a deep wiff of it.

Flavor : It tastes pretty much exactly like it smells, although not as sweet. I love watermelon and out of the various brands I've tried (Al Fakher, Starbuzz) this one takes the cake.

Overall: I love watermelon, it's my favorite fruit so I've been searching out what I feel to be is the best watermelon and I am sticking with Tangiers Lucid. 9.5/10

• 1 month later...
Blue Gumball, Green Apple Candy and Pear

Well, I guess the Texas humidity is just too much for this stuff. I tried acclimating the stuff for hours on end with no luck. I had a slight stroke of good luck with the Pear once, but after that the flavor just faded. I've tried different heat management techniques to no avail. I cannot recommend Tangiers for anyone in a humid climate, it just isn't practical.

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Lucid

Sour Grape

Setup: 29" KM 3M, Grand Egyptian Hose, Small Tangiers Phunnel Bowl
Coals: Cocanaras
Cut: Standard Tangiers cut
Smoke: Pretty thick.
Smell: Smells like grape fruit snacks.
Flavor: I was really looking forward to the sour aspect of this flavor but just couldn't get it. Had a yummy grape flavor, just not very strong.
Buzz: None
Duration: Smoked for at least an hour.

Overall: 6.7/10
Synopsis: Probably won't order again because of the weak flavor and lack of sour.

Ubermint

Smoke: Thick
Smell: Clears your nasal passages
Flavor: Amazing. I'm a huge fan of mint and strength was just right. Incredibly strong and cleansing of the sinuses. I honestly cannot think of anything I could want more from a mint flavor.
Duration: Smoked for an hour with my roommate.

Overall: 10/10 good.gif
Synopsis: Top-notch.

Static Starlight

Smell: Flowers
Flavor: Kind of tasted like pickles, actually. My girlfriend asked me if the flavor was dill and I started to notice it immediately.
Duration: About an hour.

Overall: 5/10 (This review is probably biased because I really dislike floral tobacco.)
Synopsis: Not a big fan of floral shisha but would probably recommend to anyone that is.

Maraschino Cherry

Smell: The cherries you always fish out of the bottom of your cherry limade
Flavor: Straight up best cherry flavor yet. I'm offering this comparison based off kashmir cherry and this was a knock out. No medicinal taste, just delicious cherries.
Duration: Over an hour.

Overall: 9.8/10 good.gif
Synopsis: 1. Buy a package with some lucid cocoa. 2. Mix 3. Climax

• 3 months later...
Alright it's been a while since I've posted Tang reviews, have a lot coming so here goes. Borrowing Stuie's format.

Tangiers Blue Flower

Hookah: KM Original Tri-metal
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Foil/Hole Pattern: Reynolds HD, 40ish large holes
Hose: Grand Washable
Coals: CH naturals
Heat Management: 2 CH at a time, flush with outside edge. No windcover.
Base Liquid: Water

Smell: Quite strange. Resembles potpourri in some ways, also reminiscent of the kashmir flavors. I alternate between finding it very nice and very unpleasant.
Taste: I've been trying to peg exactly what this is. Definitely somewhat floral. I remember someone saying it might be blueberry + kashmir, but that is not what it tastes like to me. If anything, it tastes more like blue gumball + kashmir, except that on certain occasions, even when fully acclimated, blue gumball has a sort of vomit-y aftertaste, and this is the part of the blue gumball that I'm tasting in blue flower. Who knows, maybe my guess is totally off. Either way, it's a weird flavor, and takes some getting used to, but I like the idea of floral tangiers flavors. If we could only get some jasmine... mm...
Smoke: This is almost not worth answering. It's tangiers. If you acclimate it and pack it right, it'll smoke great.
Buzz: None, not anymore...
Duration: Even for tang, this lasted a while. Not disappointed.
Acclimation: 3 hours directly before smoking

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 7.5/10. I need to give this a little longer before I form a full opinion, but I don't think this flavor is totally there yet. I remember someone saying HJ's Blue Flower is a beta flavor, and I would believe that quite easily. It smokes well, like all tangiers, but the flavor is quite strange, and not clearly floral or fruity, and the mixture of the two is not as successful as with k-peach or k-cherry, both of which I think are near perfect. I would like to see how this flavor develops, and what direction it goes, and probably if it's around a year from now I'll order it again, but, with that said, I won't reorder this anytime soon.

Tangiers Red Tea

Smell: Very bland. Nearly a straight tobacco smell. If there is much flavor, it's extremely slight. It's not an unacclimated smell, ie, no soy sauce; it just tastes like whatever is there is subtly done.
Taste: Aligns with the smell. Not overpowering, very subtle. Can be pleasant at times, can feel like you're smoking the long-dead tail end of a bowl at others. It tastes like red tea that was very weakly made, or steeped for like, 15 seconds.
Smoke: For some reason, this one has given me more trouble than others. Noticeably harsher than most other tang flavors; comparable to this I think are clove and indigo flower, in terms of being harsher than the rest.
Duration: It's hard to tell when this bowl died. I don't think I really noticed.

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 4/10. This flavor was a disappointment. I've given it a few chances and none really satisfied. I've had about 150g of it for maybe half a year, sort of avoiding finishing off the 250. Not worth a purchase.

Tangiers Cool Strawberry

Smell: Definitely a strawberry taste, with, you guessed it, something cool behind it. I'm not sure how to describe this second thing, but it's nice. Strawberry is a tough one to nail down, and I think eric's done it.
Taste: Basically my favorite ever. Perfect strawberry, strong taste, the cooling effect cancels the "tangiers tickle" that n00bs talk about. I don't know if there is a better flavor than this. Maybe melon blend. That's about it.
Smoke: "This is almost not worth answering. It's tangiers. If you acclimate it and pack it right, it'll smoke great."
Duration: Always gives me good results. Fairly consistent across the brand.

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 9.8/10. That is as high of a rating as I would give. Nothing is perfect, but this comes pretty damn close. I just wish john had it in stock more often smile.gif

Tangiers Melon Blend

Smell: Exactly what "melon blend" would imply. I don't think it falls decidedly on either the cantaloupe, honeydew or watermelon axes. Definitely a, you know, blend of melons. Very tasty, very summery.
Taste: As with cool strawberry, I think this flavor is near perfect. Absolutely delicious. I have a friend who won't eat real melons (I guess the texture is creepy to her? who knows), but she will smoke this. That isn't to say people who love melon won't love this too, they will probably love it more. It is very, er, melon-y.
Smoke: "This is almost not worth answering. It's tangiers. If you acclimate it and pack it right, it'll smoke great."
Duration: Once again, consistent results. Lasts a good while. I'll regularly have 3-4 hour sessions in the small funnel and not totally run out of flavor.

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 9.8/10. Near perfect once again. I always order 500g of this at a time because I know I'll use that much in the time I'd use 250 of anything else. A magical flavor.

Tangiers Guava

Smell: Not really a guava smell, but very nice. I don't know how to pin it down. Sort of more grapefruit-y, but less sour? Either way, very nice.
Taste: There's something weird about this flavor, but it's really quite nice. Excellent fruity taste, very different from anything else you'll get. Really enjoyable.
Smoke: This is almost not worth answering. It's tangiers. If you acclimate it and pack it right, it'll smoke great.
Duration: Yes.

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 8.7/10. While I do really enjoy this flavor, it isn't a great resemblance to, er, actual guava flavor. Normally I'd mark off more for that, but this flavor is just so damn nice. Maybe if they named it "sort of a mix between guava and grapefruit" it would be rated higher. I really highly recommend trying this flavor. One I always keep around.

Tangiers Brambleberry

Smell: So good. It really is just like boysenberry. Supposedly there is blackberry in this too, but I don't know if I believe that. This one destroys the fusion boysenberry, and for me that says a lot, I'm a big fusion fan.
Taste: It's a little more generically fruity than it smells, but still the boysenberry taste comes through nicely and makes it a unique smoke. Very strong, clear taste. I guess the blackberry comes through a little more here. Either way, it's very good. If you like berries, you'll like this.
Smoke: Yes.
Buzz: No.
(side note with brambleberry: I've noted that consistently, the cut of this flavor is thicker and longer than the others. No idea why. It feels completely different in my fingers and acts differently in the bowl.)

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 9.2/10. This is a very good flavor. One to keep around. I have noticed that this one does not handle poor acclimation as well as others (I can usually smoke passionfruit right out of the bag if I want to, though I don't, whereas brambleberry gets angry when the humidity changes. As a general note, I recommend acclimating the whole batch for 2-3 hours before each session. This sounds excessive, but you'll really notice a change in the quality of your sessions if you do this. Trust me, I'm a doctor. Well, not really. But I smoke a lot of tang.

Tangiers Passionfruit

Smell: If it's possible for something to smell sour, this is it. I haven't had a real passionfruit, not that I know of, but this smell makes me want to try them.
Taste: Also quite sour, though less sharp than it smells. Very crisp and pleasant; a nice change from the more sweet flavors like melon blend and strawberry.
Smoke: This one smokes slightly differently than the others, and I don't know why. I mentioned in an earlier review that this one smokes more easily than others when poorly acclimated, but it also seems a little thicker. I've noticed this in maybe 2 or 3 different 250s, it's not a single batch issue. Either way, I like it.
Buzz: No.

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 8.4 out of ten. Sometimes this flavor can get a little too sour, and there's just a bit of sharpness on the tongue. Most of the time it is quite nice. One worth keeping around.

(I have about ten more to review, if I get the time to do so. For now, I'm going to go smoke. Stay tuned, folks.)

• 2 months later...
[size="2"]Tangiers Sample Pack

I've decided to review all these together for the sake of comparison. With the exception of going from an Egyptian bowl to a phunnel, the set up remained the same through all flavor testing.

Pipe: Original KM Tri-metal with room temperature water in the base. I don't like what ice water does to Tangiers so I always use room temperature water.
Coals: CH Insta-lights. One whole one for Egyptians, 3 halves for phunnels.
Buzz: Pomegranate knocked me on my ass for a minute, but other than that no buzz at all. I smoke so often that it's very, very rare for me to pick up a nicotine buzz.

And now for the fun part. The actual review of the flavors:

[b]Flavor: Apricot[/b][/size]

[b][size="2"]Bowl: Egyptian[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Length: 1 hour[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Flavor: 10[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Clouds: 10[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Overall: 10[/size][/b]

[size="2"]Notes: Though I give it a 10 overall, it's not a flavor I'll buy simply because of personal preference. I grew up with an apricot tree in the back yard and warm apricots just isn't my cup of tea. I expect the flavor to be icy cold or in a desert. But if you don't mind apricot in a warm smoke, you'll love it because the flavor is dead on the money.[/size]

[size="2"]**********[/size]

[b][size="2"]Flavor: Blackthorn[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Bowl: Funnel [/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Length: 2 rounds of coals, 1 hour each[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Flavor: 8[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Clouds: 8[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Overall: 8
[/size][/b]

Notes: From the smell I didn't think I'd like this at all, but I was surprised. It's almost like an enriched tobacco taste. Some deeper, richer fruit overtones mellow it out. I'd likely keep it on hand for those times I'm not in the mood for more fruit flavors. But I'm not certain it would ever be a strong favorite of mine. I also had a bit of trouble getting it going well. Not certain why. I may want to re-review- this after I've finished the sample through a couple more bowls and I'll probably try it in my Egyptian to see if it smokes better for me there..

[b][size="2"]Flavor: Blue Flower[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Flavor: 9[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Overall: 9.5
[/size][/b]

Notes: I never quite got a handle on the exact flavor. This almost reminds me of Indigo Flower, where it's unique unto itself. It does seem lighter in flavor that it's older cousin, a bit more fruit. It was good, very good in fact, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the dominate flavor base is. But I definitely like it and plan on keeping it around.

[b][size="2"]Flavor: Bug Powder[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Length: 1-1/4 hour[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Overall: 10
[/size][/b]

Notes: The most complex flavor of tobacco I've ever tasted. There's the floral factor, fruit, and mint coming through in waves of differing flavor. I'm seriously disappointed there won't be much to be had until after the first of the year because this just might be the most awesome flavor ever created.

[b][size="2"]Flavor: Ginger Beer[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Clouds: 9[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Flavor: 7[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Overall: 8[/size][/b]

Notes: I have to admit I didn't like this much. I give it credit for clouds, but the taste just doesn't seem up to Tangiers par for me. But I will also admit I've never tasted actual ginger beer so those who do and appreciate it might have a totally different take on this one.

[b][size="2"]Flavor: Green Tea w/ Honey[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Bowl: Phunnel[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Length: 3 rounds of coals over two days, about 1 hour each round[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Clouds: 9[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Overall: 9.5[/size][/b]

Notes: I love this one. To me it tasted exactly like Arizona's canned version. Not overly sweet, very smooth in flavor. I suspect there's real honey in there because the clouds seemed different somehow. Not so dense. But still better than any other brand out there. Another flavor I'll definitely keep in stock for when I don't want candy fruit flavors.

[b][size="2"]Flavor: New Lemon Lime[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Flavor: 9[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Overall: 9.5[/size][/b]

Notes: It smokes well, and tastes very good, but I'd personally choose the lime over this one. I kept getting changing notes of sweetness. One moment it'd be sweet and then the next tart. I personally prefer the balance of the straight lime. However, I will say I smoked this a couple hours after the New Lime so my taste buds may have been expecting the purity of the New Lime.

[b][size="2"]Flavor: New Lime[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Length: 2 rounds of coals, 1 hour each round[/size][/b]

Notes: Absolutely delicious. I'm a strange case. Despite everyone raving about Fantasia Pink Lemonade, I didn't like it, so I tried Fantasia Margarita instead and loved it. This is even better though. Just sweet enough, not overly tart. Definitely a new favorite I'll keep around as soon as it's released.

[b][size="2"]Flavor: Pomegranate[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Bowl: Phunnel[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Length: 2 rounds of coals, 1 hour each round[/size][/b]

Notes: Absolutely terrific. Not candy sweet, but nearly identical to the flavor of the fruit itself. Not much different from drinking pomegranate juice. I love this. It's going to be a definite staple in my stash. Because I used a funnel, this bowl lasted two days. One round the night I got the package, and a full round the following day without changing a thing.

[b][size="2"]Flavor: Watermelon[/size][/b]

[b][size="2"]Length: 45 minutes[/size][/b]

Notes: Very sweet, and almost like watermelon candy. A definite improvement over AF Watermelon which is so strong I almost come to hate it by the end of the bowl. The molasses/tobacco base work well to make a more palatable blend in my opinion. Very nicely done and one I'll probably buy fairly often. Right after I throw out the rest of the AF.

[size="2"]There's just no way around it. Tangiers is still the best tobacco around in my opinion. While some flavors might not be my personal cup of tea, I can still see and taste the quality in every one of them. [/size]

[size="2"]'Rani[/size]

[size="2"][/size]

New Lime

Hookah: Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal
Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel
Screen/Foil: HD Reynolds
Hose: Narbish v3
Coals: Canaries
Base Liquid: Water, cool temp.

Appearance: Typical Tangiers
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Smells like straight up lime. Saving a bowl for when I pick up some Corona.
Taste: This really is an excellent flavor. The lime is strong but not overly bitter. I would strongly recommend people to try this flavor.
Buzz: 9/10
Duration: 2 hours

Overall: *****
This flavor really is awesome. If you like lime then this is going to be dead on. Something that's sort of an added bonus is the cleansing effect it has had on my hookah. I usually wash it out with lemon juice but this flavor still does a really good job of taking trace flavors out of the stem. Now I just need to try this flavor with a good mexican beer.

Watermelon

Smell: Like bubbalicious!
Taste: Fantastic. I have had lucid watermelon and this is, by far, a more dominant watermelon flavor.
Duration: 1.5 hours

Overall: *****
I loaded up a bowl of this to smoke with my sister's boyfriend and we were extremely impressed. We cycle through flavors daily but always come back to melon blend at the end of the day. If I had more of this stuff then we would probably be just as fanatical about it. The flavor tasted like a juicy watermelon.

Ginger Beer

Smell: It smells like a side of ginger they serve up at a sushi bar.
Taste: I really did not care for this flavor. I am not sure if it could be an acquired taste but it honestly tastes mostly like tobacco with hints of ginger.

Overall: *
I should preface by saying that I love the flavor of ginger. I could sense potential in this flavor but do not feel that the flavor was pronounced enough. The tobacco taste was overpowering to the flavor of this shisha. Edited by jon bon

Tangiers Bug Powder

Setup:
KM OG Trimetal, small phunnel, narbish, cocos

Smell: Smells of Kashmir, mint and some fruit
Taste: Taste alot of kashmir mostly, the fruity flavors change alot, and theres a mint feeling on the exhale, its all really really pleasant.
Buzz: Good ol tangiers buzz
Clouds: big ol, white fluffy tangiers clouds

Overall, I give this an 9/10. Wasn't perfect like lemon lime for me. I think the Kashmir was just a little strong , but I would reccommend this flavor to anyone, the combination of the flavors is really good and its a unique flavor. I would def try to get this flavor on hand.

Tangiers Lime

Setup: Same

Smell: Extreme Lime smell. I opened it up and my friend across the room could smell it.
Taste: Couldn't be more of a great Lime. This is probably one of the strongest flavors I've ever had, and its great. Spot on lime, face melting citrus.
Buzz: Same as Tangiers for me

Overall: the is a great flavor, might even knock Nakhla DA from my favorites list... I love the flavor of lime, and the Tangiers version is perfect for me 10/10

Tangiers Watermelon

Setup: Same

Smell: Smelled like a real watermelon at first, the more it acclimated, it took on this bubbelicious smell
Flavor: Spot on watermelon, with it being a little candyish. Thankfully it wasn't that over sickening watermelon like AF has become. This is my new fav watermelon, ever over Mizo Watermelon.
Buzz: its Tangiers

Overall: I give it a 8/10. While the flavor was really really good, I think it could've been stronger like some of the other samples.

I haven't gotten through all of my samples yet but heres a start. To make things simple all of these were smoked with a small Tangiers phunnel and a KM trimetal and the new Exoticas. You can also assume that each flavor got the typical Tangiers buzz, smoke, cut, etc.

Lemon Lime - Simply amazing, just what I would want from a Lemon-lime flavor. Flavor seems more stable than the rest for my area(Indiana). 10/10

Lime - Also amazing. I ended up using a lot of this for mixing but I did smoke a bowl of it straight and like its Lemon-Lime brother, and is also amazing. It plays nice with many flavors but I really liked mixing in a bit with Watermelon and Mimon. 10/10

Watermelon - I'm going to have to try this one again, but my first session with it barely had any flavor. The people I was smoking with enjoyed it more than I did. It smelled like heaven so I don't THINK it was acclimation but I need to try again. 7/10 for the low flavor

Bug Powder - This one is another win. Great blend of mint, fruit and Kashmir and very flavorful. 9/10 because I couldn't smoke it every day, it reminds me of candy hearts.

Green Tea w/ Honey - This flavor took a while to acclimate but once it did it was a very pleasant smoke. More flavor than I expected and it was pretty true to life. 9/10 for instability of flavor

Blue Flower - I imagine this tasted like what it was supposed to. Very floral with a mild fruit undertone? My roomie and I wondered if it was possibly blueberry. He liked it, I didn't. 7/10 but just for preference. If you like smoking potpourri you'd adore it.

Pomegranate and Ginger Beer still haven't acclimated for me and I haven't opened the other 2 packages, so I'll have to update this later with more.

My samples review:
I just got the samples and loaded up a bowl.

[b]Blue Flower
[/b]
Hookah: KM Tri-Metal
Coals: diamonte finger coals
Smell: sweet and powdery
Taste: kashmir and sweet
Smoke: large dense clouds
Buzz: no buzz

Review: Tastes like a kashmir flavor. Has a sweet undertone, maybe blueberry. I was a little put of by the smell in the package, I thought it would be a full kashmir, but the smoking has a nice sweetness to it.

Rating: 7 good flavor but I'm not a fan of the kashmir lines.

My samples review:

[b]Lemon Lime[/b]
Taste: Lemon lime
Buzz: buzzworthy

Review: Tastes like a lemon lime candy. very sweet. a little more lime than lemon. I'd make this a regular smoke, lots of clouds good buzz.

Rating: 9.5

My samples review:

[b]Watermelon[/b]

Taste: watermelon
Buzz: Buzz buzz buzz

Review: tastes like watermelon. A little week in the flavor, though I may need to adjust the heat or acclimate it some more. It was a little harsh on the smoke for my friends who were smoking with me. As time went on the flavor became more apparent. So I think it was a heat issue, A good watermelon the best I've had so far without being excessively sweet.

Rating: 8 Edited by cypherkk

• 2 weeks later...
[u][b][size="5"][color="#FF0000"]Test Sample Reviews![/color][/size][/b][/u]

Hookah: MYA QT
Bowl: Tangiers Med Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Foil
Hose: Homemade Hose
Coals: Coconaras
Duration: Everyone knows that tangiers will go as long as you keep throwing coals at it.
Buzz: None for all with the exception of my second try at ginger beer which gave me a slight buzz.

[u][color="#FF8C00"][size="5"]Apricot[/size][/color][/u]

Smell: It smelled sweet with a decent amount of flowers mixed in.
Taste: The sweetness of the apricots and the taste (bitterness?) of flowers balances out nicely, the flowery taste isn't overpowering like AF's version.
Smoke: 10/10
Overall: 7.5/10 Not really my cup of tea, but still by far the best apricot I've tried. If you like apricots or flowers, you'll like it.

[color="#00FF00"][u][size="5"]Water[/size][/u][/color][color="#FF0000"][u][size="5"]melon[/size][/u][/color]

Smell: It smells like watermelon candy, but not sickeningly sweet like AF watermelon.
Taste: Exact same as the smell, only the slightest tobacco taste
Smoke: 8/10
Overall: 9/10

[u][color="#FFFF00"][size="5"]New [/size][/color][/u][u][color="#FFFF00"][size="5"]Lemon[/size][/color][/u][u][color="#FFFF00"][size="5"]-[/size][/color][/u][color="#00FF00"][u][size="5"]Lime[/size][/u][/color]

My first time trying Tangiers was the old Lemon-Lime and it was horrid, things went much better this time around.
Smell: The Lemon-lime smelled amazing, you can easily smell both the lemon and the lime.
Taste: Exactly like it smells, delicious. There aren't any hints of chemicals either that some brands get when they try to make citrus flavors.
Overall: 9/10 This flavor is exactly what citrus shisha should be.

[color="#9932CC"][u][size="5"]Bug Powder[/size][/u][/color]

Smell: When I first smelled it I was very skeptical, Unlike any other shisha I could recognize. I couldn't tell much from the smell.
Taste: If you've ever had "violet" flavored gum this would be it's shisha counter-part. It's sweet with a tiny bit of mint. Not too flowery at all, even though I think the main flavor is flowers.
Smoke: 10/10, massive
Overall: 10/10 Definitly my favorite from the test batch. It's such a change from the norm

[color="#00FF00"][u][size="5"]New Lime[/size][/u][/color]

Smell: It smells like lime, slight tobacco smell.
Taste: No tobacco taste, It's definitly lime but it seemed to me like there was an aftertaste to it that every other brands version of margarita has, which wasn't so great.
Overall: 8/10, I liked it, but it reminded me of margarita shisha too much, which disgusts me.

[u][color="#FFA500"][size="5"]Ginger Beer[/size][/color][/u]

Smell: Strong tobacco smell, hints of ginger beer.
Taste: The flavor is DEAD ON what ginger beer should taste like, however the tobacco taste overpowered it and there just wasn't enough flavor. I could only taste the ginger beer on the exhale.
Smoke: 9/10
Overall: 7.5/10, It would be a 9.5/10 if the awesome flavor was more pronounced. I LOVE the idea of ginger beer shisha, however this one definitly needs more flavoring. With that said, I would probably still buy it.

[u][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]Pomegranate[/size][/color][/u]

Smell: Smelled sweet, slight tobacco smell, not much like pomegranates.
Taste: Pomegranate is a hard flavor to pull off, this is probably the closest of any other major brands ive tried though.
Overall: 7/10 Close, Not terrible but it could be better. Wasn't really liking the tobacco aftertaste it had.

[u][color="#9ACD32"][size="5"]Green Tea[/size][/color][color="#FFA500"][size="5"] w/ Honey[/size][/color][/u]

Smell: Smelled ok, Mostly like honey.
Taste: Very good, I was getting a honey taste on the inhale and slight green tea on the exhale.
Smoke: 6/10, This one gave me a bit of trouble with heat managment.
Overall:8.5/10 This is a keeper.

[u][color="#0000FF"][size="5"]Blue Flower[/size][/color][/u]

Smell: Flowers... Just flowers.
Taste: I actually wanted to vomit, If you love flowers this is for you.
Smoke: 10/10 very thick if you can get past the incredible amount of flowers.
Overall: NA/10 I'm very biased with this one, I HATE flowery shisha, HATE IT, so I'm going to leave a blank rating for this one.

[u][color="#8B0000"][size="5"]Blackthorn[/size][/color][/u]

Smell: Smelled like tobacco, could really get anything out of it.
Taste: Same as the taste, definitly a 'hearty' smoke that's not for everyone. Not a huge fan of smoking tobacco flavored shisha from a hookah, however if I were to do so, this would be the flavor.
Overall: 7.5/10 While It isn't my usual type of smoke, it wasn't unenjoyable.

Eric said that there wouldn't be a whole lot of flavor in the blackthorn, and I still have no idea what it's supposed to taste like.

• 3 weeks later...
[b][color="#9acd32"][size="3"][color="#800080"]Bug Powder[/color][/size]

[/color][/b]Hookah: Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal

Smell: Very floral.
Taste: From my understanding, bug powder contains different consistancies of flavors mixed into it. The sample I received had a strong kashmir taste with other subtle flavorings.

Overall: *
I had received kashmir from a trade awhile back and ended up giving it away to a friend of mine. I really like the idea of mixing mint with kashmir but there just was not enough mint. If you are interested in floral flavorings then I would strongly suggest getting your hands on this. Unfortunately, I could not get into this flavor at all.

[b][size="3"][color="#556b2f"]Green Tea with Honey[/color][/size][/b]

Smell: Floral.
Taste: Tasted floral with strong hints of honey.
Duration: 1.5 hours

Overall: ***
It is challenging to give a fair rating on this flavor since I do not like green tea at all. I enjoyed the honey flavorings but couldn't see myself smoking this again. The group I smoked it with really like green tea and thought this flavor was great. I figure that with my green tea bias, three stars would be a fair rating.

• 4 months later...
[size="5"][u][b]Static Starlight
[/b][/u][/size]
smell: lemon blossom and grape. quite a strong floral note.

taste: very nice grape flavor followed the lemon blossom floral notes. a perfect blend between fruit and floral.

Overall: 9.5/10 just an all around amazing floral/fruit combo.

[size="5"][u][b]Tropical punch[/b][/u][/size]

smell: just like Hawaiian fruit punch.

taste: just like the smell! a lot of maraschino cherry in the front followed by the tropic fruit flavors.

overall: 10/10 this is my favorite tangiers flavor!!!

[size="5"][b]Maraschino Cherry
[/b][/size]
smell: just like i opened a fresh jar of maraschino cherry

taste: very strong flavor, tastes just as it smells, yummy

overall: 9.5/10 Very nice flavor! would love to keep this in my regular rotation.

[size="5"][b]Green Tea with honey
[/b][/size]
smell: smells just like green tea i smell a sweetness but i am not sure if i would call it honey

taste: tastes kinda like arizona green tea with honey. mild flavor not too strong.

overall: 7/10 this is a good flavor but just kinda boring. noticed this flavor was also a little more sensitive to heat then others, burnt green tea isn't so pleasant Edited by MrBubbler

• 1 month later...
So far have smoked Tangiers Cooling and Tangiers Orange Soda. Both as great as they were, we quite different. I enjoyed Cooling the most, as I have more of a dark minty flavor pallet. It took a bit longer to acclimate the Cooling, but then again it wasn't 95 F and 35% humidity at that time. I really enjoy the smoke thickness of both and highly recommend Tangiers as a brand. I will definitely follow up with my further exploration of flavors.

• 3 weeks later...
Tangiers " Lifesaver 5 pack flavor"

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon " majestic "
[b]Bowl:[/b] HJ Alien Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] KM Pro
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Typical Tangiers
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Smell:[/b] 5 Pack lifesavers
[b]Taste:[/b] LIFESAVERS
[b]Smoke:[/b] Great clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Decent
[b]Duration: [/b]1 and a half hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Mixed some from Eric and some from Hookah John

[b]Overall: [/b]The flavor is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You use 30 ish percent for every flavor between pineapple new lime and maraschino cherry. We did use lucid lime and pineapple and noir m cherry but it should be the same with all noir or all lucid!!!!! The smoke was outrageously cold and we had smoked all flavors on their on before and they were nowhere as near cold!!!!!!

10/10 !!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...
[b]Tangiers Blackberry[/b]

Razan Coco coals
Tangiers Pico Bowl
Reynolds HD foil

Smell - Delicious blackberry
Taste - Not sure if blackberry, but it's a slight fruity taste, not very strong or tasty
Clouds - Typical tang clouds

Overall - 4/10 - I won't be buying this again. It's too weak of a flavor and just not a very tasty one at that. I've tried it a few different ways, such as packing a bowl immediately after opening (doing the "instant acclimation method", acclimating after I wasn't happy with the flavor, freezing and then trying, reacclimating after freezing, all yielding same flavor).

[b]Tangiers Bubble Gum[/b]

Same set up as above
Smell - Like cough medicine
Taste - Like cough medicine, not good

Overall - 0/10 - Another flavor I won't be buying again and will likely sell the >200g I have left.

[b]Tangiers Jackfruit[/b]

Same set up as above
Smell - If you've smoked cactus fruit, it smells similar to that. Very fruity!
Taste - Also very similar to cactus fruit, tasted GREAT. Very fruity.

Overall - 9/10 - This was a finicky flavor that would be good sometimes, would be harsh/tickle my throat other times but was very enjoyable when it smoked well. I'd definitely buy this flavor again.

[b]Tangiers Tropical Punch[/b]

Same set up as above
Smell - Mix of fruit
Taste - Mild taste, fruity but not that good

Overall - 5/10 - I wanted this flavor to taste great but it never really did anything for me. I read a bunch of great reviews on it and had high hopes but in the end, just didn't deliver. Very mild taste to it and wouldn't recommend to anyone and won't be buying any more. Very disappointing.

[b]Tangiers Horchata[/b]

Same set up as above (also tried it in Crown Phunnel, Tang Small, and Tang 7ico)
Smell - Delicious cinnamon/spice
Taste - Amazing cinnamon/spice

Overall - 10/10 - A great flavor, especially for holiday smoking! Will definitely want to buy some more of this. If you like spiced tobacco, this is a great flavor to pick up.

[b]Tangiers Mimon[/b]

Same set up as above + 7ico
Smell - Lemon and slight mint
Taste - Lemon and slight mint giving a great slight cooling affect

Overall - 8/10 - I have to be in the mood for this flavor. It's very similar to the Lemon Ice mix from Nakhla but not as strong, which I prefer (the not as strong taste that is). It's very refreshing and I definitely recommend this flavor. Can't go wrong with it.

[b]Tangiers Cane Mint[/b]

Same set up as above
Smell - Candycanes
Taste - CANDYCANES

Overall - 8/10 - I actually hated all mint flavors from other brands and was skeptical with this but people constantly recommending it, I had to try it. Not disappointed at all. I have to be in the mood for it but it definitely great. Gives a huge cooling feeling in the chest and tastes like mint candycanes!!

[b]Tangiers Melon Blend[/b]

Same set up as above
Smell - Watermelon bubblicious
Taste - Watermelon bubblicious

Overall - 10/10 - This is one of my favorites and have bought around 700g of it. I highly recommend this to anyone no matter your taste. All my friends and family love this flavor and ask for me to pack a bowl of it when they come over. Definitely a flavor you can't go wrong with. Edited by DrSmokes