Blackthorn

HAHkoo

Tangiers Blackthorn

Setup: MYA acrylic, mod bowl

Smell: Smells really sweet and Fruity with citrus. I wanna say blackberry

Cut: Thick usual tangiers cut i got a couple of stems in it but not biggie.

Smoke Thickenss: I got it pretty thick with 1 33mm golden coal broken up into halves and another half on the bowl.

Flavour: I was smoking with doubt in my mind since there where no reviews on this flavor yet, but WOW its really fruity. Has a definite berry taste to it so im pretty sure its blackberry with possibly some blueberry in it.

Buzz: Not heavy like other of tangiers tobacco's, but its light not mind boggling.

Duration: 1.3 hrs then i had school. came back looked under the foil and still moist, slapped some new foil on and smoke away for another hr.

Overall: 10/10 I would be considering stocking up on this flavor its just like a ????? flavor kinda keeps you guessing on what it exactly is, but its just so delicious and theres not too much of a buzz so its a good i guess you could say daily/usual smoke.

• 2 years later...
Tangiers Blackthorn

Hookah: KM 34"
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Coals: Golden Canaries x 3 (then 2 the next round)
Appearance: Typical Tangiers
Smell: No smell except what seems to be un-acclimated tangiers - aka Soy Sauce
Taste: A nutty, raisin/plumb taste with a tobacco twist. Kind of like a cigar but raisin/plumb.
Smoke: large dense clouds
Buzz: Not Heavy, but its there!
Duration: 2 hours

Review: After letting it acclimate for 2 days, and still not getting any kinda smell from the shisha, i gave it a try anyways. This flavor is alot like cooling - aka will smell like shit but smokes fantastic.

It had a wonderful deep rich taste. It had a strange combination of a nutty raisin or plumb taste with tobacco overtones. As me and my brothers were smoking it, he said its almost like a swischer sweet cigar but sweet and very tasty. A wonderful deep taste without a doubt.

If your looking for a nice deep natural smoke - that isnt fruity, then Blackthorn is for you.

Rating: 8 - This wouldnt be my everyday smoke, but more of a palette cleanser after a couple of bowls, or even something to smoke when your tired of all the fruity flavors and want something deeper and natural.

Thanks Eric!

Tangiers Revamped Blackthorn (First try)

Hookah: KM 2010 series
Bowl: Standard Crown Bowl
Screen/Foil: Reynolds
Hose: Narbish hose
Coals: CH quicklights
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical Tangiers
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Real Light smell but just as i remembered it. Everyone says its a bit of a "smokey" smell
Taste: Definite taste of plum and a nutty after tone. The nuttiness gives off a bit of a smokey flavor. My friend always joke that it has a light taste of beef jerky.
Smoke: large dense clouds
Buzz: Normal buzz
Duration: approx. 1 1/2 Hours

Purchased From: Eric directly (Flavor Contest)

Overall: 8.5. I like this flavor and always have. It's another flavor that you keep around when your tired of fruity ones. I will say right off the bat that i've had the old back thorn and the new version. Both are almost exactly the same. The older version might have a slight lead on the taste vibrancy. (or it could be that weather has changed here drastically over the last week)

Smooth taste with a rich plum factor. The nutty flavor comes as an afterthought/exhale taste. I feel that it has a smoked flavor to it that of the flavor you get with smoked salmon.

A "manly" flavor for sure. Good for a try if you havent tried it but not a flavor i would say you have to go out and buy this instant.

• 3 months later...
[size="3"][b]Tangiers [color="#4b0082"]Blackthorn[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Medium Super Chief
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Tobacco
[b]Taste: [/b]Light Plum
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Good Buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 I was real anxious about it because it was a pure tobacco smell, but the taste is great. It's not super strong, but it's a light plum with a tough of tart on the exhale. I am sad I never tried this until today. By the name you think it's so weird floral flavor. This is a great smoke.