Cocoa

Lukasa

Tangiers Cocoa

I got Tangiers Cocoa to smoke well tonite, after long acclimation period. Very delicious satisfying smoke. Thats all I can say. Just wished I had bumped it up earlier in my rotation.   I only had one 3 kings to dedicate to the bowl :(
smoke thickness was good. flavor was gentle and yummy cocoa. buzz was very nice.

• 1 year later...
Tangiers Cocoa

Setup: Medium Tangiers Phunnel, standard generic egyptian 32" from HS, Mya hose, started out with 3 Coconara's but then switched to 2 Coco's a minute into the session, and then back to three about a half our later

Smell
: Smells delish! Just like you would expect a cocoa flavor shisha to smell like.

Cut: Long, lanky cuts of tobacco: Standard Tangiers cut.

Appearance: This stuff isn't dyed like Starbuzz. It's a really dark brown, almost black, shisha. I'm glad its not dyed, as that gives it an 'artificial' look to it. Its a wet shisha, not like the dry sticky Nakhla.

Acclimation
: 24 hours

Smoke: Smoke was good. Nice and thick right off the bat. Never harsh.

Flavor
: The flavor was spectacular. Tasted just like it smelled. Nice and mellow. Flavor was great throughout. Lost flavor when I put my second set of Coco's on. Wasn't harsh, though, but it had a burnt flavor. Definitely my favorite Tangiers flavor to date. Orange Soda would be a close second.

Duration: I don't know how long I smoked, but I went through a set of Coco's and started a second batch.

Buzz: I can't say that I really noticed a buzz... huh.gif

Overall: This stuff is excellent. I highly recommend it. I bought this stuff off of SimplexCoda (along with the Orange Soda) and I absolutely do not regret my purchase. I will definitely be buying more of this stuff yes.gif

Rating: I'm giving this a 9.5 out of 10. I loved this stuff. good2.gif

Tangiers Cocoa

Hookah: Mya Obelisk
Bowl: Medium Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Dark Short Cut, Typical Tangiers
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Like Freaking Brownies
Taste: Not as strong as the smell, tasted like Hershey's Cocoa
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Great Buzz
Duration: 3 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 9/10 The flavor intensity was disappointment when compared to the smell. But it was still a great smoke and flavor. Thinking of mixing it with a little Maraschino Cherry Later. May not stay in the stash, but definitely will smoke it when ever I get the chance!

• 7 months later...
Tangiers Cocoa
Shisha Cut: Medium, wet
Hookah Type: 39" KM Ice Chamber
Duration: 1.0 hour
Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel
Foil/Screen: double layer RHD
Coal/Amount: 3 Coconaras
Smoke: Thick
Buzz: None
Smell/Flavor: Chocolate smell, reminded me of Bosco. Very good cocoa taste
Overall: 10/10. Head and shoulders above any shisha I've tasted in the chocolate family

• 3 months later...
Stole Stuie's format...

Tangiers Cocoa

Hookah: Random Chinese that smokes like any solid eygtian ~30"
Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Stock hose
Coals: Generic coconut less hot than coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
Nicotine: 0.3%
Base: Molasses
Smell: smells like cocoa
Taste: COCOA STRAIGHT UP
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Huge
Duration: Long ass time

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 10/10 I've been waiting for some solid chocolate flavor to come my way and this. is. it! It's so damn good, like actual straight up cocoa almost a puddingy taste. Gonna mix it with Nak mandarin for a chocolate orange flavor. Edited by Hookie The Hookah

• 10 months later...
Tangier's Cocoa

[b]Setup[/b]: Mya QT
[b]Foil:[/b] Cheap precut stuff from H-S
[b]Bowl:[/b] HJ Alien Mini + windcover
[b]Coals[/b]: 2-3 ch nats
[b]Hose:[/b] Mya (the one that came with the QT)
[b]Liquid in base[/b]: cold water

[b]Appearance: [/b]short cut, wet (Typical Tangier's) a few sporadic stems
[b]Smell: [/b]Like hot cocoa power
[b]Taste: [/b]very chocolatey
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Very nice buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
Aclimation: 1+hrs
Purchased from a local smoke shop

7/10

My first thought after acclimation was, "Wow! This smells just like powdered hot chocolate!" I loaded a bowl and started to smoke it, but the chocolate flavour was really strong, almost too strong. I like chocolate in genreal, I just don't partake in it that often or in excess. I believe that is a factor as to why I rate it so low. The flavour was really rich, like I ate a piece of triple chocolate cake drizzled with chocolate with dark chocolate sprinkles and a glass of chocolate milk. Oh, did I mention it was chocolatey? This shisha would be great for a chocolate lover's dream, but as for me, I think I'll smoke this once in a great moon. Maybe I'll use it as a mixer. Edited by thatonethere

• 5 months later...
[b]Tangiers Cocoa(noir)[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Crown Hookah Glass Hookah(gamma)
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers medium phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Clear plastic hose
[b]Coals: [/b]HJ coals(3 halves pointing toward the center of the phunnel..and a little maneuvering to get the heat right)
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist..you know by now most likely.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Room smells of cocoa and amazing.
[b]Taste: [/b]Excellent.
[b]Buzz:[/b] Excellent buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 I figured since I finally got this blasted concoction right I'd review one. (Irony is I didn't even 4/20 it..just set it out for an hour and went to town!) Anyway, great flavor! ..tastes just like a smoky lukewarm version of hot cocoa on a cool pre winter evening up here in IL. Took a sec to get going, but it is well worth the effort.

• 2 years later...
[b]Cocoa[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Indian Brown Oxide
[b]Bowl:[/b] Alien Mini
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Leather
[b]Coals: [/b]Leonara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist (not as moist as most Tangiers)
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Like a fresh baked batch of brownies.
[b]Taste: [/b]Fantastic. Like eating Cookie Crisp/Cocoa Pebbles/Coco Puffs etc.
[b]Buzz:[/b] Minimal buzz, but since I am used to Tangiers Noir it would probably be a bigger buzz for others.
[b]Duration:[/b] About 2 hours.

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 This is by far my favorite Chocolate-tyoe flavor. Very strong in the taste and smell and the taste was almost exactly like the smell. Definitely a flavor to keep in stock. I really want to try this mixed with Cane Mint. If you haven't tried this yet, do yourself a huge favor and buy this!