Hookah Abroad

HookahDream

Hey all, my name is Michael and I'm from New Mexico. I'm currently in Nepal, smoking a strawberry hookah. Just about half the restaurants out here offer Hookahs and I've been sampling them all over Pokhara... Anyway, my girlfriend and I are strongly considering opening a Shisha Lounge in Santa Fe (we don't have a place to smoke Hookah in Santa Fe so we drive to Albuquerue for a hookah cafe experience). I was hoping to find some like minded people here and possibly some networking connections. I feel like we can really do well in Santa Fe as there are no louges to compete with and we have 3 active colleges in town.. If you own a lounge or have tried your hand at running one, I would like very much to pick your brain on just about everything you'd care to share with me. I've already looked in to indoor smoking laws in New Mexico and as long as I avoid selling booze, it seems like a good investment. Not to mention something I'd actually enjoy doing. I have tons of questions about sourcing merchandise, securing funding, and strong menu/inventory ideas.. Also, I plan to sort through all of your boards and get to know all of you and what all of you love about smoking Hookah. I'm sure that's what matters most.

Thanks for hosting this board, Hookahforum.com.