Michael Griffin

Hey Hookah Forum!

I guess I'll start with the basics

Name: Michael Griffin
Hobbies: Hookah, fighting, dirtbiking, camping

[indent=1]I enlisted straight out of high school, I have been smoking hookah since I was 16, I remember the first time I did I puked my guts out, and then went right back to the hookah (lol.) [/indent]
Currently I work as a doctor for planes basically, I preform ultrasonics, x-rays, and other preventative "maintenance" to ensure the jets keep flying. I've been saving up now for a while, and spent my time in researching everything that goes into owning a hookah lounge. I've been in contact with my city, and realtors to affirm that I could open a lounge where I plan to be living once my active duty enlistment is up (9 more months!)

[indent=1]I found this website a while back, and have been lurking for awhile, reading posts, collecting information and what not. I decided I might as well join the forum as an official member and contribute a bit to the[/indent]
discussion. This forum has helped me a lot and I appreciate everything and I'm sure I'll enjoy being a regular active member even more than being a creepy creeper stalker like I was before.

Thanks for taking your time to read this,
Michael Griffin

Welcome to the site! I thought the military didn't allow hookahs! Either way, good luck with your hookah lounge! I think there are some good posts here from people who've owned one before. Making sure you have knowlegible people on staff, good hookahs, good flavors, and good finger food, I think you can't go wrong (hot girls won't hurt any ;) ).

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1351130919' post='559240']
Welcome to the site! I thought the military didn't allow hookahs! Either way, good luck with your hookah lounge! I think there are some good posts here from people who've owned one before. Making sure you have knowlegible people on staff, good hookahs, good flavors, and good finger food, I think you can't go wrong (hot girls won't hurt any ;) ).
[/quote]

Actually hookah is allowed since all it is, is tobacco basically. I've gotten some questionable looks from people, and my friends call it a bong, but yea it's totally allowed. I've actually set one up during a barbecue at work and smoked during the duty hours, got some mouthpieces and shared with my co-workers.

[quote name='MichaelGriffin' timestamp='1351141335' post='559245']
[/quote]

Actually hookah is allowed since all it is, is tobacco basically. I've gotten some questionable looks from people, and my friends call it a bong, but yea it's totally allowed. I've actually set one up during a barbecue at work and smoked during the duty hours, got some mouthpieces and shared with my co-workers.
[/quote]
Nice, I know friends in the Army were told that they couldn't bring their hookah with them when they moved out of their parents place when they first joined. It was considered paraphernalia. I mean we all know it's just tobacco (well, it could be used for other things and it has been by some people) but the lesser knowledgeable people (aka government, military, average joe, etc) won't know that. I've been told this by 3 or 4 people and I think one person sold a hookah on this site bc him or his brother was joining the Army and couldn't bring it with.

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1351148935' post='559249']
[quote name='MichaelGriffin' timestamp='1351141335' post='559245']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nice, I know friends in the Army were told that they couldn't bring their hookah with them when they moved out of their parents place when they first joined. It was considered paraphernalia. I mean we all know it's just tobacco (well, it could be used for other things and it has been by some people) but the lesser knowledgeable people (aka government, military, average joe, etc) won't know that. I've been told this by 3 or 4 people and I think one person sold a hookah on this site bc him or his brother was joining the Army and couldn't bring it with.
[/quote]

They definitely CANNOT bring it with them when they initially leave for the military, because that means they are going to boot camp. There is no time or place in bootcamp for a hookah, but once they finish that, and get past their MOS school, they could totally have kept their hookah and had it sent to them. Depending on their job though this could take about 6 months to a year to get to that point.