Hf Meetup

NO seriously can this happen? i would seriously love to think of a day where we all pick a date, and a city. Rent out a hotel convention center and a couple wings of rooms and we all get together for a long weekend!!

I really REALLY want this to happen, so many of what i consider my closest friend are on this site, id love to have the pleasure of meeting you in real life!

Yes I totally agree. Although I think San Diego would be the place of choice it's just so damn expensive I don't think it would be worth it to come here. If we pick a cheap place and plan a decent amount of time in advance plane tickets should be nice and cheap

i dig the idea of here in the midwest, omaha nebraska would be a badass place OR we can have a lottery, get a bunch of names of the major cities around major populations of us all and see who wins the hosting area

I like the idea of a big meet up, but I've already got so many trips planned it's hard to even consider. Gotta see the new HookahBaby (birthed by our lovely Erica, bred by our beastly Pavo) in January. Plus a Tang trip after that, if not during (you know Pavica [my name for the baby] will be craving some tang straight out of the womb) Either way, I'm booked for the next 3-4 months.

although... February 7th is my birthday, and Vegas is BEAUTIFUL mid-february ;)

I to would love for this to happen, and the idea of a lottery of major citys is the best idea since, everyone on here would want their closest city to be it. So it would be fair, but i think Chicago would be cool.....lol :P

Edit: i just noticed...why is this in the serious discussion sub? lol Edited by headhunter

[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1350322225' post='558462']
I to would love for this to happen, and the idea of a lottery of major citys is the best idea since, everyone on here would want their closest city to be it. So it would be fair, but i think Chicago would be cool.....lol :P

Edit: i just noticed...why is this in the serious discussion sub? lol
[/quote]

i would definitely dig Chi Town man thated be badass, im a bears fan so ited be a sweet trip, and im talking like a year away, give people time to plan and save up like June or July 2013

i would be ok with that actually, give me time to save up and stock pile tangiers lol i just hope that when the time does eventually roll around that people would remember...lol

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1350363586' post='558493']
You know we could always have more than one meet-up
[/quote]

This, we could have regional meets around the same time, or if we wanted to be really wild we could do them all on the same day and have live feeds going on between the meets. Of course those who can't actually attend any meet at all would still be able to participate via Skype.

I remember when scalli was active we had one at his place in Fort Worth. It was a blast! Someone showed up from Social Smoke. We tried their shisha long before it hit market.

[quote name='SaintPendulous' timestamp='1350433185' post='558546']
i dig the multiple areas thing, idk anybody whose close to me here in Iowa lol
[/quote]

i would be willing to go to a different state for the midwestern meet up if this would happen so you wouldnt be totally alone? lol

These types of things are fun to talk about but rarely develope into an epic gathering. Eric had to release a new line of tobacco to fuel a meet-up that, by all accounts, was maybe better than average.

Some folks around VA were trying to put together a trip that would have involved 4 hours of driving for some people and the whole thing fell through; I just don't see many people flying to a hookah meet-up.

Regional or even local is your best bet. There are quite a few people in the NoVA area that are on the forums, but I bet if I hosted a get together, maybe 3 people from the forums would show up...maybe.

I would really like to smoke whit you guys, but in reality, I wouldn't go to anything that involved more than an hour of driving. Maybe up to two hours if it were to a nice destination and there was something else interesting there for my wife.

That's just how it is. Once people start looking at travel and lodging costs and then compair it to the cost of their dream hookah, they realize it's not worth the money to blow a few or several hundred dollars to go smoke with some other people.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1350569343' post='558686']
These types of things are fun to talk about but rarely develope into an epic gathering. Eric had to release a new line of tobacco to fuel a meet-up that, by all accounts, was maybe better than average.

Some folks around VA were trying to put together a trip that would have involved 4 hours of driving for some people and the whole thing fell through; I just don't see many people flying to a hookah meet-up.

Regional or even local is your best bet. There are quite a few people in the NoVA area that are on the forums, but I bet if I hosted a get together, maybe 3 people from the forums would show up...maybe.

I would really like to smoke whit you guys, but in reality, I wouldn't go to anything that involved more than an hour of driving. Maybe up to two hours if it were to a nice destination and there was something else interesting there for my wife.

That's just how it is. Once people start looking at travel and lodging costs and then compair it to the cost of their dream hookah, they realize it's not worth the money to blow a few or several hundred dollars to go smoke with some other people.
[/quote]

way to destroy the dream, man, way to destroy the dream.
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
Well socal seems to be the only place to go, and we all know someone who owns a lounge down here....

a great place for hookah lol. along with its socal what isn't there todo here when ur not smoking. good food things to see or do and hey hang out with us lol. id probably even let everyone smoke for free one whole night, even though jess and nate already do, scammers lol