Cologne

Stuie

So I haven't actually bought cologne since 1999. Last one I bought is no longer in business. Over the years people have just given my cologne they didn't want anymore from Brut, to Axe, to CK and a whole bunch of others. So now I am totally out.

So guys what do you use or like?

Ladies more than happy to get your opinion, too.

My wife doesn't care as long as it doesn't smell like Boss, she wasn't a big fan of that one.

What do you like or not like?

I have "Attitude" and "Code" by Armani both of those are pretty good.

I have one by Gap but I don't know exactly which one. It's a light sent that is better for more casual occasions.

Do you wear cologne everyday or just when you get all dolled up?

If you want to save a few bucks, get the knock offs, they usually smell the same.

I don't know what I like, literally i have been getting stuff for free for over a decade and my cheap self didn't care as long as I didn't smell like BO.

I may stop by a couple places tonight and give these a smell. Keep them coming!

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1349899246' post='558221']
I just shower regularly so I dont have to cover myself up with essentially potpourri that have names like "Peak Climax" and "Erect Desire"
[/quote]

I live in North Texas where breaking a sweat from the front door to the car is an everyday occurance until December-January Cold Season.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1349904596' post='558231']
[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1349899246' post='558221']
I just shower regularly so I dont have to cover myself up with essentially potpourri that have names like "Peak Climax" and "Erect Desire"
[/quote]

I live in North Texas where breaking a sweat from the front door to the car is an everyday occurance until December-January Cold Season.
[/quote]

Yep, Californians just won't understand what we have to go through, Stuie. :lol:

Check out the Usher cologne. I've gotten compliments about that. I still and always will like the original Michael Jordan cologne.

So many people have coolwater and curve.

American crew and swiss army are also good.

Out of all of those, my wife tells me coolwater reminds me of her dad, curve reminds her of middle and hs, and that she really likes Usher and MJ.

Kenneth Cole vintage black is awesome as well as diesel for the brave. Dior Fahrenheit. Joop is fucking sexy. Curve crush is a clean smell. Hani mori is another one that is great. Burberry Brit.

I highly suggest trying these out as it will smell different on everyone.

Happy shopping.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
Versace PH

those are my two standbys, supplemented with:

Guerlain PH
Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte
Paco Rabanne PH

D&G is the most distinctive and ALWAYS gets complimented (the Hermès is even more distinctive but not easy to find)

I'm hoping to find some Acqua di Parma, but I don't even know if it's sold in the US

My top 2 in rotation right now:

'Gucci' by Gucci- Modern masculine fragrance; casual yet carrying lavish notes of woods, blossoms, and tobacco
Dolce & Gabbana: The One Gentleman- Masculine, opulent, and sophisticated. Reserved for formal dates, weddings, church, and the like. Floral notes are most prevalent when first sprayed but with a little air the masculinity shines through in a barrage of cedar and spice.

Both are very distinctive and are sure to get compliments. Edited by KasbahBazaar

the ones i have are Ralph Lauren Black and Ralph Lauren Green. both are great. basically anything from RL i fully endorse. same foes for Lacoste

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1349973299' post='558280']My top 2 in rotation right now:

'Gucci' by Gucci- Modern masculine fragrance; casual yet carrying lavish notes of woods, blossoms, and tobacco
Dolce & Gabbana: The One Gentleman- Masculine, opulent, and sophisticated. Reserved for formal dates, weddings, church, and the like. Floral notes are most prevalent when first sprayed but with a little air the masculinity shines through in a barrage of cedar and spice.

Both are very distinctive and are sure to get compliments.[/quote]

Must have. I just wonder that with names like those, how expensive they are... Your descriptions of both are fantastic, btw.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349981863' post='558302']
Yeah see, I'm the kind of guy who gets his cologne off of eBay for cheap. :lol:

Find me some cheap Gucci, Mark! I know you gots da hookups! :P

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Cheap joke.

Chreees is a gu"cheap" shopper.

But as Russell peters said "i know he said cheap, but what he meant was smart" *heavy Indian accent*

So the wife and I went to Dillard's to scope out some of these. After a while my nose was just worn out.

Doir Fahrenheit was awesome very woodsy
Dolce & Gabana The One Gentlemen completely awesome
Versaci for Men was up there too
Kenneth Cole Vintage Black was just all around awesome
Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme Subtly musky and airy

These are my tops so far. I haven't tried all the ones people suggested. Never made to the Polo, RL or Lacoste sections

Once you find out exactly what you want Stu, I suggest buying online. You can find much better deals. I need to re-up soon on my Perry Ellis 360 and Calvin Klein Eternity, and found that ljshopping.net has really good prices on both. Also gonna get some Davidoff Cool Water to try out, and probably order some Lucky for the wife. Also check eBay; good prices there as well. Really, I'd just do a Google Shopping search and see what the best price is, checking out the seller's or site's reviews first before ordering, of course. That's how I found ljshopping.net (they have good reviews).