Univision Report

Anyone watch the Univision investigation on rapido y furioso? Embarrassing to be an American when the guy running the country lets children get shot up at a birthday party with no one even getting fired, prosecuted, and just to be sure, the pres stands in the way of any investigations into who was responsible for the whole lot of people getting shot-up as a result. Univision "found" another 57 weps that were somehow "missed" by holder's justice dept investigation. All 57 were recovered at scenes of murders/kidnappings. Incompetent people, or cover up? Hard to tell? er, not really.

Again, in a commando-style murder of 18 people, f&f walkers were found at the scene. There were videos of literal pools of blood in the street from the massacre.

Another massacre where 60 teenagers were shot-up, deaths somehow limited to 14 teenagers killed, 12 wounded. weps traced to f&f

If you haven't seen the investigation report, you really need to. Then ask yourself just what else the US propaganda broadcasters... er, I mean "news media" are brushing under the rug, and how much we have been deceived by them. Should embarrass you to be an American, if it doesn't, you got problems.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1349103849' post='557609']
Anyone watch the Univision investigation on rapido y furioso? Embarrassing to be an American when the guy running the country lets children get shot up at a birthday party with no one even getting fired, prosecuted, and just to be sure, the pres stands in the way of any investigations into who was responsible for the whole lot of people getting shot-up as a result. Univision "found" another 57 weps that were somehow "missed" by holder's justice dept investigation. All 57 were recovered at scenes of murders/kidnappings. Incompetent people, or cover up? Hard to tell? er, not really.

Again, in a commando-style murder of 18 people, f&f walkers were found at the scene. There were videos of literal pools of blood in the street from the massacre.

Another massacre where 60 teenagers were shot-up, deaths somehow limited to 14 teenagers killed, 12 wounded. weps traced to f&f

If you haven't seen the investigation report, you really need to. Then ask yourself just what else the US propaganda broadcasters... er, I mean "news media" are brushing under the rug, and how much we have been deceived by them. Should embarrass you to be an American, if it doesn't, you got problems.
[/quote]

I've been embarrassed to be an American for the past 25 years. Ever since I discovered just how bad our government was and how they'd destroyed nations all in the interest of capitalism. Blame Obama all you like. He does as much as they've been doing all along internationally, but he actually seems to have some compassion for the American middle class. The other idiots in Washington and hoping to be in Washington don't even have that. Oh, and as supportive as I am of some of Obama's policies, there is no excuse for him not having stopped "Gunrunner" instead of continuing it into "Fast and Furious".

'Rani

I was trying no to blame the president. At this point there is little evidence that has come to light that even infers his involvement, with the exception of claiming executive priv, which in itself only protects high level communication in the executive. Still, his body language, and responses make me believe he was completely unaware of just what was going on there. Holder, that guy is another story altogether, but I think President O was not in this mess, except to try to cover up the truth ex post facto, in an attempt to avoid the political fallout of arming a foreign paramilitary organization. (thinking Oliver North, except arming the bad guys)

I am appalled that congress didn't discover any of this with their sham investigation, should tell us more of the level of competency in that group. They spend a bazillion dollars figuring out if some baseball has-been has a 'roid needle in a beer can from 1977, and naming parks, but can't seem to even find out how many weps took a free ride in Mexico??? That should make anyone in the USA angry beyond belief. But more, it is an "in our face" demonstration of just how piss-poor the American journalists are. Where are the days just one of them went after the truth at all costs, and in complete disregard for who's political image will be damaged by the truth? Maybe we would see a bit more honesty in politicians (quit laughing) if they feared that their bad behavior would be leading news for days. But nope, not here. We get to see blocks long lines waiting for some new gadget, and talking heads blabbering about polls until we all want shove a pole somewhere, yet this gets 15 seconds of coverage at 1:00 am, if any at all. You absolutely can not trust news from anywhere that isn't beating the drum for the truth in f&f.

Hell with them all, it's a beautiful fall day, I am going to go sit on the end of my dock, and enjoy a bowl of K peach.

Oh, I agree Scotsman, that journalism has become the latest victim of the capitalism (profit at all costs) that has taken over our government. Maybe we should ban advertisers from journalism altogether and see if that improves their current lack of concern. However, I'm not going to excuse Obama on this one. Even though it's entirely possible he didn't know, WHY DIDN'T HE???? If you were the POTUS, and especially if you just got into office and knew you were going to have an election four years down the road, wouldn't you want to know everything, absolutely everything that could come back and bite you in the ass before then? Either someone intentionally withheld the information under plausible deniability on his behalf, or he didn't dig deep enough. Is Holder enough of a jackwad to have withheld? Oh, I'm pretty sure he is. And if the most powerful office on earth can't trust their cabinet ministers, then how far have we really sunk as a government?

Just one more reason I think anyone who would want the POTUS job in the first place has a touch of the moron in him to begin with. Take all the blame, get none of the credit, and fight with 535 meat heads who think they have to answer to no one, least of all the American people, but hey..... you get to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom for a few years. Woo-hoo!

Idiots, of all them.

'Rani

The operation under Bush was called "Wide Receiver" and ended (October of 2007) before Obama took office. During Wide Receiver the Mexican government was notified each time a gun was crossing the border, the guns were tracked and arrests were made (over 1000). No lives were lost.

Fast and Furious was an effort to build a case against American gun dealers and the Second Amendment. Didn't achieve that goal, but plenty of people paid with their lives.

If the drug cartels can buy fully automatic weapons, shoulder-fired missiles, planes, helicopters, and submarines, they don't need our semiautomatic rifles.