Most Embarassing Or Biggest Fails When You Started Out

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1348162574' post='556838']
This just in: my grandma wants me to pick out a hookah for her birthday next week. She is 89. She loves orange-mint. I have the best grandma ever.
[/quote]
Go Grandma..you will HAVE to post pics of course.

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1348162574' post='556838']
This just in: my grandma wants me to pick out a hookah for her birthday next week. She is 89. She loves orange-mint. I have the best grandma ever.
[/quote]
Dude your grandma is a boss :D

• 3 weeks later...
Coming onto this forum and thinking people didn't know what Shisha meant (ie they thought it was flavour), so I decided to put up a post.
Boy, what a response! I was grilled left and right.
People did know, but just didn't give a damn.

When I first started out, years ago in a shisha lounge, we had one of these big charcoal holders, full of ash and live charcoal. I was told to swing it around.
Well, I hit one guy on the head and the whole of the ash and well lit coal, all ended up over his table, right in front of his girlfriend. Who freaked out completely.
I just stood there not knowing what to do and the owner of the lounge went jumping around to get water. I think the boyfriend would have hit me, but he was too busy holding his head and trying to calm down his girlfriend. Who, I later found was on her first date with this guy,

Suffice to say, swinging big charcoal holders, full of ash and live charcoal, is best done out doors! ;)

[quote name='aladdinshisha' timestamp='1349808114' post='558136']
Coming onto this forum and thinking people didn't know what Shisha meant (ie they thought it was flavour), so I decided to put up a post.
[/quote]

Lol, you really like mentioning this, don't you? Just let it go, man. :)

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349814646' post='558143']
[/quote]

Lol, you really like mentioning this, don't you? Just let it go, man. [img]http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]
[/quote]

lol It's been a long time since I felt like a right newbie.

[quote name='aladdinshisha' timestamp='1349815738' post='558145']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349814646' post='558143']
[/quote]

Lol, you really like mentioning this, don't you? Just let it go, man. [img]http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]
[/quote]

lol It's been a long time since I felt like a right newbie.
[/quote]

(-_-) I agree let it go. Does it really matter?

Chesterfield, davenport, sofa, couch ... All the same thing but a different word.
As I saw what coyote wrote. A rose by any other name is still a rose.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1348103902' post='556805']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1348102803' post='556802']
Yep, I've forgotten water in the vase... twice. :(
[/quote]

Same. :( And it didn't even taste harsh somehow. All that ever told me that I had forgot to put water was the missing rumbling noise. Apart from that. Let's see.[list]
[*]Using 1 quicklite smack in the middle of the bowl while smoking from a pumpkin and thinking that I am a boss.
[*]Getting a two hose pumpkin to get to the next level.
[*]Using milk/beer/vodka/juice/soda in the vase and boasting about my *creativity*.
[*][u][b]Burning down a friend's apartment from quicklites (for real).[/b][/u]
[*]Still have 2 holes in my mattresses that remind me of my starting days.
[/list]
And I am sure there are a few more that I can't remember at the moment.
[/quote]

do explain!!

well:
1. using a metal screen
2. paying 100$ for shitty chinese hokah
3.washing a non-washable hose
4. not buying a rug to put hookah on
5.ql's
6.not changing the base water consistently
7.referring to mu'assal as shisha
8.too much water in the base
9.storing it in the fridge
well, I think that's about it.

• 4 months later...
Yep when I first started I would actually pull extra hard on a still lighting ql thinking it would light faster that way...at least 2 bouts with CO poisoning and tongs of headaches from that one

blowing on the coal while my mate was sucking at it at a local hookah lounge.

thinking unscrewing and screwing the purge valve cap ment more smoke flow or less lol

My friend had just gotten his double head bowl. We were smoking it with two cocos ok each head. It just freaked out for no reason (were still not sure why it tipped). Ashes and coals went every where. 3 on the wooden floor and one on my friends crotch. One pair of burnt jeans later and a long search to find the other head of the broken bowl, we decided the double head bowl wasn't that cool and just used the standard egy that it came with.

• 11 months later...

Well, this isn't so much a fail on my part as it is on the part of friend...

When I was in college, a friend of mine fell in love with the smell and 'tip-of-the-tongue' taste of my cherry shisha tobacco. One night (after drinking heavily), he decided to eat a gob of the tobacco! Things got veeeeeerrrrrrry ugly after that...

I still think the worst I've done was the first time me and some friends smoked hookah. We had no screen, didn't think to use foil and didn't have coals. Our solution? Lighting cotton balls on fire on the shisha. Also, a friend and I in college smoked an entire set of coals before we realized there was no water in it.

My worst would be passing the hose to a friend right as he reclined his chair back. The foot rest thing popped out and caught the hose, coals went everywhere on the shag carpet and I'm running around to get water, pour out all the coals. A girl was in the room smoking with us, I guess it wasn't too embarrassing since we have been dating for 2 1/2 years since that night :)

When I was in college, a friend of mine fell in love with the smell and 'tip-of-the-tongue' taste of my cherry shisha tobacco. One night (after drinking heavily), he decided to eat a gob of the tobacco! Things got veeeeeerrrrrrry ugly after that...

You should have put that on youtube! 

Unfortunately, this was pre-youtube period... still, that goofy bastard would have deserved it. :lol:

Note to self: Stoli, cheap beer, and a wad of shisha tobacco do not mix well in the stomach...

You should have put that on youtube! 

My biggest fail was I bought a used hookah off craigslist. It was Chinese and was all rusted. Guy told me it was the flavoring and I didn't think anything of it. The hose I washed and it would always shit in my mouth. I kept smoking from the same hookah and hose for quite some time. I sniped a hookah off eBay for 12 bucks that was pretty bad ass. I used the same rusted hose for a year... The new hookah had very small base where only 1/3 of a cup will fill it to the brim and I thought it was nice. I used quickies 3 kings and since I always smoked at friends I burnt several holes in caprets and tables. I use to put koolaid and what not in the base and screwed up when I put pulped orange juice in it and it clouded all my ports up. I use to use barbecue tongs for a grill to flip my coals I would use tinfoil as grommets... Shisha was what ever the store had and tasted good no matter what it was... To be honest I miss the old times like this... I don't get the same inexperienced satisfaction as I use to get...

My biggest fail was the 1st hookah i ever bought. It was so long ago around 8-9 years now.I used to put Jack Daniels and coke, or orange soda in the base and i used quicklights, and a mya like bowl that took 80+ grams of tobacco. All that being said some people failed way worse than me and unlike me they did it for attention. Here is a old but prime example here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK03Kf9XJiU  

My biggest fail was the 1st hookah i ever bought. It was so long ago around 8-9 years now.I used to put Jack Daniels and coke, or orange soda in the base and i used quicklights, and a mya like bowl that took 80+ grams of tobacco. All that being said some people failed way worse than me and unlike me they did it for attention. Here is a old but prime example here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK03Kf9XJiU  

Wow... 

YouTube should have a warning posted... I think that the video just made me have an aneurysm.   :lol:

WOW can't believe no one else has done this... but just cleaned out the base with hot water and brushed it all down, then immediately decided to smoke from it and filled it with ice cold water... DUH

And of course the burnt hole in the carpet is the story the wife never lets go of.

Wow my first hookah moment wasn't that bad honestly. I bought Natural Coals to start off with, a KM Pear with a Egy and a Rainbow Hose. Never forgot to put water in the base (I have however filled it too low and refuse to add more after my coals had been lit.)

My biggest fail was I didn't know how unbalanced a hookah was on carpet. set the sucker on carpet lighted some coals and was smoking a bowl and the hookah fell over and I freaked, burned my fav computer chair and the carpet. Started smoking outside after that then had a few online buddies show me what I had been missing.

WOW can't believe no one else has done this... but just cleaned out the base with hot water and brushed it all down, then immediately decided to smoke from it and filled it with ice cold water... DUH

And of course the burnt hole in the carpet is the story the wife never lets go of.

Oh man, my first crystal base was delivered in 32 degree weather, I wasn't thinking and immediately filled it up with tap water. Luckily it was in bad shape and I didn't pay a whole lot for it, but I definitely learned a lesson that day!