Mitt Romney's Leaked Fundraiser Video

Chreees

unemployed young people need to vote is droves. How about first they manage to move out of their parents basements, and find a job to pay off their student loans, payup that social security for the old bastard with 3 houses and an RV the size of a small east European nation, moreover, buy some health insurance or pay 2.5K/yr... and still not have insurance. Sounds like a plan devised by the substitute NFL refs to me! Holy crap, are you people that out of touch with reality?

Obummer has done nothing but pay off his plutocratic wall street cronies, how is that helping anyone? How are the likes of Immelt (remember G.E.'s zero tax bill???) any different than anything we have had to deal with in the past? It's all just bullshit by a different name, and still stinks. Hope and change my ass. DNC, GOP, whatever, same skunk, still stinks-just points the tail in a different direction. Wall street always wins, and always will - be jealous all you want, they got it, and you don't. It's time to get used to it, learn to play their game, or learn to like living in a hovel (or your mom's basement), and driving a 1986 yugo. This isn't an election, it's spin-the-skunk! It's a wee bit like spin the bottle, but you get pissed on if you loose, and either way, you gotta smell the stink.

In so many ways, I hope the bumster wins, the coming economic disaster will likely doom whatever party is in power once and for all, it would only be fitting that the party responsible for the beginning of this fiasco be the party that collapses as a result of it.

I must say, as a Jew, I really don't care what Jesus was. Moreover, what does a 2000 year old carpenter (some say stone mason) have to do with an election is a nation a half a world away-2000 years later? Talk about non sequitor!

Ya, I am voting for my cat again. Did it in the last 2 elections, see no reason to change candidates now.

Scottsman and gramps I suggest you tap out of this conversation as I have. There is no way to convert the faithful. They need to learn it for themselves. We are older and with the way things are going these kids are gonna be picking up our tab anyway so I say kick back and enjoy the show. If they want to pay for my health insurance and social security let them. I will be dead by the time the real bill comes due. I just feel sorry for my son who will never have the chance to be successful on his own and will end up working for the federal government for the new minimum wage that will keep him just above poverty but allow no further upward movement. Bread and circuses was Nero's plan to distract the masses and it seems our government has ripped a page from that book. I wonder if either Mitt or Barrack know how to play the fiddle because Rome will burn again .
tap,tap,tap I'm out.
Ray

Oh, that's going to help......... Tapping out, voting for the cat, refusing to enter into discussion because you might argue your way into a different train of thought or better still, actually come up with a solution both sides might agree on. Single people HAVE changed the world! Sometimes the change is positive and sometimes negative, but still change is entirely possible from the efforts of a single individual. So if you're just not going to participate, then what's the point of your life? I mean really, what's your legacy to the human race? A company that makes widgets? That works right up until we don't need widgets anymore.

Nothing you earn, nothing you can buy, nothing you can physically build can you take to the grave. Immortality isn't based on living in your body forever, it's based on your contributions living forever. Whether you're religious or not, you simply cannot argue that Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Martin Luther King, Buddha, and Mother Teresa, and yes, even Hitler, and Nero, and Pol Pot are not immortal. They left a legacy.that resonates through history and beyond into generations a hundred, a thousand, even a million years from now if the human race should survive so long. Thought is immortal. Deeds are immortal. Ideas are immortal. The latest and greatest television, or car, or house, or reality program, or company, is not.

What's your legacy? What's your immortality? Not giving a damn? Taking your "vote" and going home? Well, I suppose that works if you really want to be just dust in the wind, but don't criticize those who yearn to be more. Sure, we're a bunch of true believers but then so aren't you? There's a story about some actor, Peter Lawford I believe, who was a rabid Republican, and Ronald Reagan who was a staunch Democrat at the time. They would argue over whiskey and cigars for years, and then one night, Reagan stood up and said, "Okay, you've convinced me..... Tomorrow I register as a Republican." Lawford said he remembered thinking to himself, "Oh great, my luck he'll change parties, run for President and win!" Guess what, uh huh......... Now, I think a lot of our problems stem from what Reagan started, but that's not the point here....... The point is there was a major change in what is now our history. All because of a little communication and discussion between a couple of true believers.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1348867673' post='557500']
Or, to put it succinctly, staying home and being apathetic never gets you anywhere.
[/quote]

Hey, I'm female. When have you ever known us to be succinct? Get us on a rant, we're going to be there a while, lol.....

Seriously though I think it's beyond getting ourselves anywhere. It's a matter of "Do you really want to pass through this life and not leave a footprint?"

Remember the scene in Troy where his mother is telling Achilles the future. That if he stays in Greece, he would live a happy life and his children and grandchildren would remember him but when they were gone, he would be gone from memory. But if he went to Troy he would die, but he would have his "glory". He chose the lasting footprint.

Think about it for a minute. Do you want to be lost from history in a generation or two? Or make history?

'Rani

Venger, I am of that same impression.

One of the more valuable lessons I have learned over the years, never stand in the way of someone that is hell-bent on making a bad decision- Just be sure their decision doesn't put a hole in your canoe.

As for "legacy" Who gives a feck? Through my whole adult life I have worked a long series of places around the world in which survival was sometimes dependent on not being the one leaving the big footprints. Guess it's just my nature to let some other foo' go bouncing through the minefield with the herd of kangaroos.

As for arguing over a whisky and cigar, congratulations, you dems elected a collection of tossers that have done their level best to ban/tax both out of existence - for our own good, naturally. Guess you could argue the points over some arugula, and nasty ass bunny food, but the whole effect is gone when you think of trying to discuss politics with some blue-tarp-house person with spinach stuck in their teeth.

[pops smoke...]
  • Upvote 1

For those who don't like Obama or Romney, why not vote for someone who IS on the ballot for the 2012 election? That way your vote actually counts for someone that is actually running for president, while going against the two-party system (which I personally think is destroying this country).

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

I'm considering voting for him myself, having done more research on the guy.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349301862' post='557762']
For those who don't like Obama or Romney, why not vote for someone who IS on the ballot for the 2012 election? That way your vote actually counts for someone that is actually running for president, while going against the two-party system (which I personally think is destroying this country).

[url="http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/"]http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/[/url]

I'm considering voting for him myself, having done more research on the guy.
[/quote]

Plus once a "3rd party" gets over 5% of the popular vote, they get all the funding benefits of the big two, and start to make a serious impact in future elections. Chrees is completely right. (A rare event for a man, lol.......)

If you can't in good conscience vote for either Obama or Romney then vote for the future death of the Two Party System by giving a 3rd Party a chance.

'Rani

[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1349307713' post='557765']
Chris you traitor, Ron Paul all the way...I know a lot of people writing in for him
[/quote]

?? Gary Johnson is actually on the ballot, and is the candidate most like Ron Paul (IMO Paul goes a little crazy on some topics, whereas Johnson stays sane all throughout), so I don't understand why I am a traitor.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349311240' post='557776']
[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1349307713' post='557765']
Chris you traitor, Ron Paul all the way...I know a lot of people writing in for him
[/quote]

?? Gary Johnson is actually on the ballot, and is the candidate most like Ron Paul (IMO Paul goes a little crazy on some topics, whereas Johnson stays sane all throughout), so I don't understand why I am a traitor.
[/quote]I just remember you being on the Ron Paul train like I and was saddened to see he lost another supporter