Hello From Work.

Nerdy

Hi all,

I'm Semir. Here at work bored and looking forward to this final hour. Going home to that tang cane mint that I got in yesterday. This will be my first cane mint experience.
What do I expect? Any packing tips? I'm using a hj alien.

Let's all celebrate the end of the work day with a good smoke.
Who's with me??

Welcome to HF, Semir. I don't have many experiences with the Alien so it's never really smoked right for me but there are others here who have had success with and use them regularly. Use the search bar in the top right of the page and you can usually find a lot of threads to answer many of your questions. Enjoy your smoke!

Hello and welcome, Semir!

My only advice regarding the Alien is get a more accurate dimensions bowl, such as a Tangiers Pico Phunnel or a glass Crown Micro Phunnel. The Alien is too shallow/wide. Tangiers bowls have a very specific depth/width ratio that allows for the best possible smoking experience. Crown follows that standard. I owned one of the first Aliens released and it just didn't perform well enough to me. Maybe the later ones improved, though. Best of luck.

^^ What Chris said - get a Pico or a small Phunnel.

As for cane mint, you will fall in love with it if you like your mint's. It is by far the best mint - it's all I smoke! Since it's your first time, I'd suggest you keep a bottle of water with you.

Most importantly, Welcome to HF - enjoy smoking!

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1348017425' post='556707']
My only advice regarding the Alien is get a more accurate dimensions bowl, such as a Tangiers Pico Phunnel or a glass Crown Micro Phunnel. The Alien is too shallow/wide.
[/quote]
[quote name='rj_skillz' timestamp='1348022930' post='556722']
^^ What Chris said - get a Pico or a small Phunnel.

[/quote]

^ Haters. ^_^

The Alien will smoke any Tangiers, no sweat.

1 - Pack the tobacco tightly, all the way to the top of the bowl.
2 - One layer of heavy duty foil, poke lots and lots of holes.
3 - Slowly add charcoal until you reach the desired heat level.
4 - Enjoy hookah heaven!

And welcome.

Thank you all for the input. 2 days of experimenting with noir and I got it figured out.
Here's what I do.

1. Dense packed tangiers
2. 2 layers sd foil shiny side down
3. 3-4 closely poked rings, no holes in the center spire.
4. 2 cocobuzz set across from each other
5. Sit back and enjoy flavor and clouds 😄

My first experience with noir 3 days ago was intense. I had too much heat with 3 coals and the smoke was too intense, not harsh just knocked me on my ass.

Also is there a reason some of my posts don't show right away?? I made this post first then I checked the section 10 or so min later and still didn't see it.... So I made another post with an intro 😜

• 1 month later...
I almost never check intros, but am gonna make an effort to from now on...I've seen you around, welcome to the family!

if you still need help with alien bowl and tangiers, send me a pm, we can arrange a time to both get on cam and ill help...I have a few, its one of my favorite bowls and after a lil bit on cam ill have you packing the perfect sessions

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1351995811' post='559882']
I almost never check intros, but am gonna make an effort to from now on...I've seen you around, welcome to the family!

if you still need help with alien bowl and tangiers, send me a pm, we can arrange a time to both get on cam and ill help...I have a few, its one of my favorite bowls and after a lil bit on cam ill have you packing the perfect sessions
[/quote]

I just saw this. I will have to get on tc one night to meet you guys and smoke with all of you. I finally got my pico and looking for a small or mini now. This is a great place to be for sure. :-)