Fake Coconara’S In Montreal And The Rest Of Canada.

Be careful and be warned. I recently purchased some CocoNara coals in a 84 box format only to find out that they are fakes.

I searched Hookah Forum and I found a posting for a guy named George from a company named Osimex who is supposed to be the OFFICIAL SUPPLIER of Coco-Nara in Canada, well HE ISN'T, This is what I found out when I called Coco-Nara USA, spoke to Kate there and she confirmed to me that they have not made the 84 piece boxed for 3 years now and that the coals were fake. She also told me how to SPOT the fakes.

Follow this link to the official Coco-Nara.us website

[url="http://www.coco-nara.com/DownloadHere/fakepacks.jpg"]http://www.coco-nara.com/DownloadHere/fakepacks.jpg[/url]

The fake coals burn out much faster and are usually crumble very quickly at the slightest touch. You end up throwing away 1 in 4 coals, that's 25% of the box.

I just wanna let all the Coco-Nara fans in Canada know to be careful before ordering or purchasing the fake coals.

Other ways to know if you have fake Coco-Nara's...[list=1]
[*]If the box you have received has a matte finish and is not made of good quality materials with a glossy finish, the box is fake. CocoNara uses only thick, good quality boxes for their coals and prints the boxes using a glossy finish.
[*]Inside the flap of the top opening of the box, there should be a blue stamp. The stamp could say Lebanon or another location, but as long as there is a stamp on the inside, it is a good sign that you got a real box. CocoNara stamps every box with the country of origin and a serial number to track the date of production.
[*]In every box of CocoNara’s, a flyer is included with instructions and such. A fake box, or at least the one I personally received, do not include this flyer.
[*]Inside the box, the coals will be wrapped in a plastic bag. Within a fake box of coals, the plastic will be thin and clear. The plastic within a real box of CocoNara’s however is thick and blue.
[/list]

[quote name='Puddleguy' timestamp='1347646209' post='556383']
Other ways to know if you have fake Coco-Nara's...[list=1]
[*]If the box you have received has a matte finish and is not made of good quality materials with a glossy finish, the box is fake. CocoNara uses only thick, good quality boxes for their coals and prints the boxes using a glossy finish.
[*]Inside the flap of the top opening of the box, there should be a blue stamp. The stamp could say Lebanon or another location, but as long as there is a stamp on the inside, it is a good sign that you got a real box. CocoNara stamps every box with the country of origin and a serial number to track the date of production.
[*]In every box of CocoNara’s, a flyer is included with instructions and such. A fake box, or at least the one I personally received, do not include this flyer.
[*]Inside the box, the coals will be wrapped in a plastic bag. Within a fake box of coals, the plastic will be thin and clear. The plastic within a real box of CocoNara’s however is thick and blue.
[/list]
[/quote]

The only one of these that has consistently held true for me is the little pamphlet that comes with the coals. I've had boxes with and without the rest of the counterfeit protection measures.

That link is NOT showing a blue bag. It's showing a clear bag that has had the picture taken under fluorescent lights while the cameras white balance is set to tungsten (it looks like the color temp is around 5k on the "blue" package, normal tungsten/incandescent lighting is around 3k).

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1347725268' post='556442']That link is NOT showing a blue bag. It's showing a clear bag that has had the picture taken under fluorescent lights while the cameras white balance is set to tungsten (it looks like the color temp is around 5k on the "blue" package, normal tungsten/incandescent lighting is around 3k).[/quote]

This man is correct.

I've never had fake CCNs before, at least not to my knowledge, but I've also had times when there wasn't a pamphlet inside the box (maybe they just forgot, or they were hella good fakes). Plastic bag has always been clear, and I've never found the box to be suspicious.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

• 1 month later...
Actually, I do not agree, The Fakes DO NOT Smoke as well nor as long as the original Coco-Naras.

I did the test...
the originals Smoke longer (about 20% longer)
the orginals Don't Break up like the fakes.
They also produce much more ash than the originals

Also, Coco-Nara.com confirmed to me that George of Osimex does NOT sell original Coco-Nara coals.

could be different batches of the same fakes. I've noticed that with a lot of the finger coals especially, variances in the quality from batch to batch. Exoticas can vary in the extreme. Sometimes you get ones that ash almost pure white and are tasteless and clean, and then there are the off batches ,that have more filler i bet, that come out brown ash and nasty smell with a bit of off taste.
The fake coco people are probably buying coals from wherever they can get them the cheapest to put in the fake box. That could explain some people liking the knock offs and some people saying they suck.