I Side With...

Skoozle

Gary Johnson, followed by Obama, followed by Jill Stein in almost a 3-way tie (1 percent difference between the 3).. I will probably end up voting for Jill Stein, not necessarily because I think she has any chance to win, but I strongly believe we need to strengthen and build a true multi-party system Until we start to break up "the big two", we're never going to get anything done. The Green party platform overall happens to be closest to my personal beliefs. So essentially I'm voting for the future, because the more votes for a third party, any third party, strengthens and helps empower them, giving them a better shot at influence in the future.

'Rani

Gary Johnson 88%
Virgil Goode 81%
Mitt Romney 78%
Barack Obama 71%
Alabama voters 60%
American voters 57%

No surprise here.
I've always most closely agreed with Libertarians.
I view Romney and Obama about the same -- agree on some things; disagree on other things.
And I'm not a typical Alabama voter!!

Well....im deff Liberal... lol

89%- Jill Stein
83%- Obama
67%- Rocky Anderson
39% Romney (not surprised here i have hated him from the start)
57%- Illinois Voters (lol)
56%- American Voters

No surprise with Romney, at all. Like i said i have hated him since i heard his voice (not really but you get my point). Kinda surprised that i got the Green Party but they are a largely reform group so makes sense....i do have a question tho, who here would vote for a third party (not Dem or Rep) if they think that their vote would matter?

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1347578160' post='556329']
Gary Johnson, followed by Obama, followed by Jill Stein in almost a 3-way tie (1 percent difference between the 3).. I will probably end up voting for Jill Stein, not necessarily because I think she has any chance to win, but I strongly believe we need to strengthen and build a true multi-party system Until we start to break up "the big two", we're never going to get anything done. The Green party platform overall happens to be closest to my personal beliefs. So essentially I'm voting for the future, because the more votes for a third party, any third party, strengthens and helps empower them, giving them a better shot at influence in the future.

'Rani
[/quote]

Thank you. We need to be working on the 2016 and 2020 election. We need to let people know that third parties are a viable option. If a third party candidate gets 15% or so this year, people can start to realize that they have a chance. When asked about people wasting votes on a third party, Gary Johnson responded something like " the only wasted vote is one for someone you dont believe in"

That makes sense. If people don't vote for who they believe in because they don't have a chance of winning and instead vote for the lesser of two evils, the person they truly belive in will never appear to have a chance at winning.

Choosing between dem. or rep. is like choosing between getting punched in the face or getting kicked in the crotch.

[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1347628355' post='556363']
i do have a question tho, who here would vote for a third party (not Dem or Rep) if they think that their vote would matter?
[/quote]

If I were voting today, I would absolutely vote for Gary Johnson even though he has practically no chance of winning. Even still, I think my vote would matter. If not for the next 4 years, the for the 4 after that or the 4 after that.

Even if I have to suffer through a continuous string of asshole lobbyist controlled presidents for the rest of my life, I want my daughter to have a decent choice when she gets to voting age.

i do have a question tho, who here would vote for a third party (not Dem or Rep) if they think that their vote would matter?
[/quote]

I missed the edit window: Gary Johnson is doing pretty good in this thread and elswhere that I habe posted this. I think that if people got educated about the election and voted for who they believe in, Gary would at least have a good showing in November.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1347633135' post='556369']
[/quote]

I missed the edit window: Gary Johnson is doing pretty good in this thread and elswhere that I habe posted this. I think that if people got educated about the election and voted for who they believe in, Gary would at least have a good showing in November.
[/quote]

Very true. If people actually voted for who they want and not "The Better of Two Evils" then i think their would be a major power shift in the parties. But first you have to get people to vote that way..that is the tough part.

Virgil Goode 87%
Mitt Romney 85%
Gary Johnson 79%

Really surprised I typically on these tests fall right in line with the Libertarian party lines. Probably because the only thing I don't agree with on Libertarian issues, is a complete open border policy. I still will be Voting for Johnson anyway.

[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1347639172' post='556376']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true. If people actually voted for who they want and not "The Better of Two Evils" then i think their would be a major power shift in the parties. But first you have to get people to vote that way..that is the tough part.
[/quote]

It's like being the first one to stand up and clap after an but great speach with an unpopular view. Pretty soon there will be a standing ovation; it has to start somewhere.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1347639715' post='556377']
Virgil Goode 87%
Mitt Romney 85%
Gary Johnson 79%

Really surprised I typically on these tests fall right in line with the Libertarian party lines. Probably because the only thing I don't agree with on Libertarian issues, is a complete open border policy. I still will be Voting for Johnson anyway.
[/quote]

Virgil Goode was my 2nd place with about 75% We disagreed on anything associated with religion or immigration, but other than that, we agreed on everything.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1347640875' post='556379']
[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1347639172' post='556376']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]It's like being the first one to stand up and clap after an but great speach with an unpopular view. Pretty soon there will be a standing ovation; it has to start somewhere.[/b]

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1347639715' post='556377']
Virgil Goode 87%
Mitt Romney 85%
Gary Johnson 79%

[/quote]

Virgil Goode was my 2nd place with about 75% We disagreed on anything associated with religion or immigration, but other than that, we agreed on everything.
[/quote]

That. Was very well said and a good analogy for this situation