My First Hookah

Archer

Hey guys, I want to share with you my first piece, and a story. Some time after I turned 18 I decided to rent the hookah my local smoke shock offered. It was $8 an hour, or could be split between people, and usually my friend would go so more like $4 an hour each. The shop had a little lounge with a tv, music, and a very nice blue hookah, a little over two feet tall. I loved everything about it, the way it is lit, the taste, the smoothness of the taste, and the elegant look. I knew one day I would own this particular hookah. A little over a year later, I brought it home.

[img]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7374/20120908183713.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9646/20120908200420.jpg[/img]

I love this Hookah, it is so smooth and elegant. I am currently using Hydro Herbal Tropical storm instead of shisha because I prefer no buzz, just taste. The foil on where the hose is, is no longer there. Nothing is broke, but the seal is not that great on the hose, like the hose just "rests" in the holder, but is not sealed tight. Now I have clear tape on it so you don't notice it. Either way I am loving it :)

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1347514250' post='556267']
I have a very similar base on my KM! It's black instead of white though. and instead of blue, its clear.

I dig it man! very cool
[/quote]

I have the same base on my pipe!

that stem in the pic almost looks like a small version of the trimetal I currently use. congrats

for the hose maybe consider going to a hardware store and buying some o-rings to put around the hose. its what i did when i misplaced my last hose grommet.

wet paper towel for the hose. It's what i pretty much use these days. Small strip of wet papertowel around the bottom of the hose piece will make a great seal when you push it in the port. (I know how that sounds but...)

Soon I am switching to natural coals, and of course picking up a single coil burner to heat them up quickly. These quick light coals are really just quick smoke coals, and I blow through a couple rolls in a few days.

Looks like a Nammor Sphinx if you were wondering about the specific model. Cool stuff. ^_^

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-98-sphinx-1-hose-hookah.html

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking to purchase my own hookah soon as well. I'm 27 and tried it for the first time last year during the Christmas holiday. I decided to take my girl out around Manhattan and we ended up eating Japanese food. Soon after that we walked into a great DVD store and on the same block there was a small place with Persian food and Hookahs. We tried it and swore to do this again but the train fair, and all that money to smoke in a nice place in the city isn't worth it. I plan to order my own damn hookah with some highly suggested tobacco flavors sometime this year. A nice starter package if you will. Anyway, congratulations! That's a beautiful looking base.