Nawras Syrian Hookah @ 5Star

5starhookah just got a handful of syrian al nawras hookahs like chreeess' famous pipe !!
http://5starhookah.com/Nawras-Syrian-SYNAW.htm

hes got around 9 of them, he hasnt put them on the site he plans on selling them in store

but if you wanted it bad enough im sure you could email him

personally i love this model !!

:o

I got one, but mine came with a crappy tray and smaller hose port, doesn't matter though, hits the same and the quality is the same.

One of my favorite pipes, except mine has the swirled etching not the X etchings.

Buy em folks, wonderful pipe!

EDIT: Chreeees, I prefer the swirl :-)

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1346542033' post='555635']
I got one, but mine came with a crappy tray and smaller hose port, doesn't matter though, hits the same and the quality is the same.

One of my favorite pipes, except mine has the swirled etching not the X etchings.

[/quote]

So you got the "Nour" one, with the smaller hoseport and purge? I was under the impression those are not made by Al Nawras, rather another Syrian manufacturer, but I'm not positive, so don't quote me on that.

[quote name='Twitchy' timestamp='1346561261' post='555652']alex posted a pic and he had a crosshatch one , not sure if thats the one hes keeping or not [/quote]

:o Now whoever gets that one is a lucky bastard!

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1346542559' post='555636']

[/quote]

So you got the "Nour" one, with the smaller hoseport and purge? I was under the impression those are not made by Al Nawras, rather another Syrian manufacturer, but I'm not positive, so don't quote me on that.
[/quote]

I have no idea, all I know is for it's tiny size it weighs about a pound and a half and I got it from a legit vendor, don't know if I can say their name and they claimed it was a Nour and on their site it is claimed to be a Nour and they have been discussed on forums and many have stated they are Nours.

Either way, the smaller port works just fine, and it is brass with a copper inside so to me, it doesn't really matter, only thing that makes me sad is it came with a not so great tray.

5star also got in some bohos alex posted a pic looked like 4-5 eggerman small ones egyptian bell style, with flowers / fish

and 1 nizbor jumbo boho

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i41/Twitchy_15/564434_457400687633792_1609746913_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i41/Twitchy_15/400832_457401497633711_1497721053_n.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1346601434' post='555670']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1346542559' post='555636']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no idea, all I know is for it's tiny size it weighs about a pound and a half and I got it from a legit vendor, don't know if I can say their name and they claimed it was a Nour and on their site it is claimed to be a Nour and they have been discussed on forums and many have stated they are Nours.

Either way, the smaller port works just fine, and it is brass with a copper inside so to me, it doesn't really matter, only thing that makes me sad is it came with a not so great tray.
[/quote]

Nour is not a manufacturer, but rather the importer of most Syrian pipes. For whatever reason, the Syrians with the smaller hoseports and purge valves became known as Nours because that's how they were sold by American online vendors, while the ones with longer ports are usually labeled as Al Nawras (although when they were sold by HC back a few years ago on the Nizbor genies, George labeled them as Nours).

Interesting that the inside of yours is copper. Mine is brass all throughout. I guess that's another difference to take note of. And yeah, those usually came with crappy trays, whereas the Nawras come with the nice ones. Mine came with a plain tray (no designs), but it is very thick, deep, and durable. It had a "Made in Syria" sticker on it when I first got the shank brand new. The tray Twitchy has on his is the one most people want. I would too, but I like how deep my tray is to catch coals and whatnot, so it doesn't bother me that much. I may change it out if I ever find one I like enough, but it's not on the top of my list of things to do.

Mine weighs 2 pounds, btw.

[quote name='Twitchy' timestamp='1346607320' post='555672']
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i41/Twitchy_15/564434_457400687633792_1609746913_n.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i41/Twitchy_15/400832_457401497633711_1497721053_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You got the crosshatch one?? Good job, brotha. :) I dig the boho you put it on, too.

NOPE lol those are bohos alex just got in , i got the swirl model but i actually dig the design alot

and yeah i like the tray, but it does look pretty shallow so we'll see, my hollow nawras has a tray like yours i think deep and plain

[quote name='Twitchy' timestamp='1346609789' post='555674']
NOPE lol those are bohos alex just got in , i got the swirl model but i actually dig the design alot

and yeah i like the tray, but it does look pretty shallow so we'll see, my hollow nawras has a tray like yours i think deep and plain
[/quote]

Ahhh, okay, sorry. I thought that was your photo, not Alex's. Pretty nice bohos he has!

Eh, it won't be the deepest tray, but at least you'll have those pretty designs on the top of it. :)

yeah shouldnt matter to much how shallow it is, plus i could just put on the other tray if i wanted :D

alex also posted pics of bj glassworks 12 inch bells hes gunna get and he might be getting the bohos kasbah has had

true its not but due to it being a hard to find pipe, and the civil war in syria.. if i was him id do the same thing, why get a sought after rare pipe and sell it for what it was worth 1-2 years ago when it was common? thats brain dead.

hookahjohn just sold the cheaper nour counterparts for like 140 bucks.. they all sold out smart yes overpriced yes.

Mark at Kasbah.us proves that Al Nawras do not have to be priced that high... Also, since these came from Karabetian, I bet they were dirt cheap. I won't say how cheap because then I'd be revealing "industry info," but you guys would be screaming at how high the markup is...

I'm wondering how high the bohos will be priced, too... Alex get those from Eric?

[quote name='Woodsytheowl' timestamp='1346613841' post='555679']
This hookah is not worth $200
[/quote]

Agreed, but people will pay that price. I thought the same thing about the Nours that HJ had.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1346618535' post='555682']
Mark at Kasbah.us proves that Al Nawras do not have to be priced that high... Also, since these came from Karabetian, I bet they were dirt cheap. I won't say how cheap because then I'd be revealing "industry info," but you guys would be screaming at how high the markup is...

I'm wondering how high the bohos will be priced, too... Alex get those from Eric?
[/quote]

Unless Mark told you, why not say it? What's the worst that could happen?

[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1346623741' post='555688']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1346618535' post='555682']

[/quote]

Unless Mark told you, why not say it? What's the worst that could happen?
[/quote]

Mark hasn't told me anything. I just know what Karabetian's wholesale prices are on hookahs. Reason why I say 5Star is marking them up more than they really should is just look at 5Star's price for a Nawras shank that comes with regular Syrian glass and Nour hose, and then look at Kasbah's price for a Nawras shank that comes with a BJ Glassworks Bohemian vase and Syrian wooden long-handled hose (a much nicer hose IMO than the Nour one from 5Star). Kasbah's is priced $10 cheaper, and comes with boho glass... It's quite obvious really what the better choice is. :)

I'm not going to say it because people would get butthurt. :P

actually the inside of the one I have is brass too, don't know what I was thinking when I said that.

I have it on my smallest boho so it actually works quite well as I believe it is smaller than the Al nawras ones, not positive on that though

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1346636719' post='555695']
actually the inside of the one I have is brass too, don't know what I was thinking when I said that.

I have it on my smallest boho so it actually works quite well as I believe it is smaller than the Al nawras ones, not positive on that though
[/quote]

What's the total length on yours? Mine is 21", looking back at my review. I think I remember measuring it including the bowl adapter screwed on.

[quote name='Twitchy' timestamp='1346649418' post='555700']im pretty sure alex got the bohos form over seas,[/quote]

Ah, okay. I only asked because I knew Eric had a lot of those small Egermanns.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't gotten a new hookah in awhile.. but i do have one i got awhile ago when i was in Texas... it's like 3- 4 years old and works great. I also got a new one for christmas this past year. It's a Mya Bambino. I love it. it's pretty, smokes well when u get the water measurements right and it's small enough to fit above ur fridge or maybe a cabinet. at the moment i own 4 hookahs and two of them have carrying cases. well anyways, LATERZ :D

[quote name='Cherry_Smoker1987' timestamp='1347870262' post='556528']I haven't gotten a new hookah in awhile.. but i do have one i got awhile ago when i was in Texas... it's like 3- 4 years old and works great. I also got a new one for christmas this past year. It's a Mya Bambino. I love it. it's pretty, smokes well when u get the water measurements right and it's small enough to fit above ur fridge or maybe a cabinet. at the moment i own 4 hookahs and two of them have carrying cases. well anyways, LATERZ [/quote]

Not to be an ass, but how is this relevant to the topic?

Tapatalk'd via iPhone