I Was Lied To, And Sold An Infected Hookah.[Pics]

I posted a few weeks ago about buying a hookah that was on sale. Shortly after buying it me and my friends realized it was used because it had chips on some parts and smelled like it had been smoked out of. We looked up a video on how to clean a hookah and cleaned it as thoroughly as we could (which wasnt thorough at all, we had no idea what we were doing and just ran water through it)

Eventually, I came down with strep and I didnt think anything of it, I figured it was just a bug going around. When I recovered, we decided to THOROUGHLY (correctly, gun cleaning kit, lemon juice, baking soda) clean the hookah to rid of any sickness I could have gotten on it. Well, we completely disassembled it and shined a light down the stem. The inside was disgusting and caked with brown and green ... STUFF. We scrubbed it out with the gun cleaning brush and moved onto cleaning the area you put the hose into and the inside was brown and sticky, it had what looked like insects crawling inside of it. It smelled literally like road kill, and that isnt an exaggerated, it literally smelled like a dead animal.

We were DISGUSTED and figured no matter how much we cleaned this thing, we werent going to smoke out of it, so we decided to disect it and get a good look of what was inside this thing that made me sick. We cut the hose open and the inside of the hose was covered in white and brown particles. It wasnt rust, it was something else that felt like dirt or sand. We had a problem when we used to smoke it of getting stuff in our mouth, we thought it was wood chips coming loose from the wooden end of the hose. NOPE. it was whatever was growing on the inside of the hose. It looked like some kind of mold or something. It was powdery.

Next we investigated the part of the stem thats circular and the hoses go into. Not sure what it's called, but we busted it open with a hammer and this.. is what we saw.. This is what we had been smoking out of. (we put a string through it so we wouldnt lose the pieces when it broke apart) I wish we had a good camera, its green, and yellow, and looks like dried vomit. it smells like a dead animal or something that has been rotting. I feel. sick.[img]http://i.imgur.com/6WPeG.jpg[/img]

...Did you really just setup and smoke from a hookah without making sure it was clean first??? Guess you learned your lesson, but that kind of thing seems like common sense to me. No offense or anything...

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

yah when you buy a used hookah you need to clean it, because who knows what the previous owner was like..maybe he smoked dead animal. but yah well i hope you get a better hookah and disregard this horrible experience.

[quote name='SaintPendulous' timestamp='1346527025' post='555623']
....Have you eaten any human body parts lately? perhaps we found the source of Bath Salt freak outs, used hookahs....my god
[/quote]

[img]http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/974-my-god.jpg[/img]

Let's alert the CDC that we know what is the cause of the coming zombie apocalypse!!!

Any time I buy a hookah, I clean it. New or used, it doesn't matter. You definitely learned a lesson here. Where did you buy that? How were you lied to, did the seller claim it was new? Thats probably the nastiest hookah I've ever seen.

[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1346796924' post='555781']
probably was someone's pot pipe that sat for a long time uncleaned so it developed growth, stoner mold
[/quote]

I'm gonna blame stoner mold also.

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#800000]That is so nasty.... [/color][color=#40e0d0] I have never and will never [/color][color=#0000ff]buy a used hookah. [/color][color=#006400]although i am bad about cleaning [/color][color=#ff8c00]the hookahs when i buy them [/color][color=#008000]But i do really scrub them when i need to clean them.[/color][color=#daa520] and i mean i scrub it!. lemon juice, baking soda, the brushes. i mean i SCRUB[/color][color=#008000]. [/color][color=#0000ff]but not once have i ever had a hookah look like that. i have [/color][color=#800000]smoked .... EDIT out of a hookah before. [/color][color=#ee82ee]and yea.. smells nasty, tastes nasty after[/color][color=#008000] [/color][color=#ffa500]u try to smoke actual shisha out of it. but i scrubbed[/color][color=#008000] [/color][color=#800080]and scrubbed it until it [/color][color=#ffa500]finally went away... and.. [/color][color=#008080]smoking regular shisha out of it helped a lot too...[/color] [color=#ff0000]BUT NEVER GET A USED HOOKAH!!!!!! [/color][color=#00ff00]Most of the time...[/color] [color=#b22222]a used hookah is really degraded [/color][color=#0000cd] and normally.... was used by pot heads[/color][color=#800000] so honestly, NEVER get a used hookah again... well unless u thoroughly check it out.[/color] [color=#daa520]But honestly, I would rather spend the money [/color][color=#ff0000]on a brand new hookah, instead of a used one. [/color] Edited by Chreees
Edited out NHT

[quote name='Cherry_Smoker1987' timestamp='1347869555' post='556526']
[color=#800000]That is so nasty.... [/color][color=#40e0d0] I have never and will never [/color][color=#0000ff]buy a used hookah. [/color][color=#006400]although i am bad about cleaning [/color][color=#ff8c00]the hookahs when i buy them [/color][color=#008000]But i do really scrub them when i need to clean them.[/color][color=#daa520] and i mean i scrub it!. lemon juice, baking soda, the brushes. i mean i SCRUB[/color][color=#008000]. [/color][color=#0000ff]but not once have i ever had a hookah look like that. i have [/color][color=#800000]smoked .... mary jane out of a hookah before. [/color][color=#ee82ee]and yea.. smells nasty, tastes nasty after[/color][color=#008000] [/color][color=#ffa500]u try to smoke actual shisha out of it. but i scrubbed[/color][color=#008000] [/color][color=#800080]and scrubbed it until it [/color][color=#ffa500]finally went away... and.. [/color][color=#008080]smoking regular shisha out of it helped a lot too...[/color] [color=#ff0000]BUT NEVER GET A USED HOOKAH!!!!!! [/color][color=#00ff00]Most of the time...[/color] [color=#b22222]a used hookah is really degraded [/color][color=#0000cd] and normally.... was used by pot heads[/color][color=#800000] so honestly, NEVER get a used hookah again... well unless u thoroughly check it out.[/color] [color=#daa520]But honestly, I would rather spend the money [/color][color=#ff0000]on a brand new hookah, instead of a used one. [/color]
[/quote]
[img]http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/3889-my-eyes.png[/img]
  • Upvote 3