'scooby Snacks' Coming From Hose?

My buddies setup seems to have a bunch of small chunks coming out of the hose under med/hard draws. We washed out the hoses, stem, bowl, vase, and valves the night before and allowed everything to dry prior to use.

Any ideas on what causes this? Unfortunately I don't know the brand of hookah or anything, nor if the hoses are washable. While we are on the subject, what is the difference between a washable and unwashable hose? He seems to think they are all washable, regardless and I don't know what to think. I guess you can run water through and let any hose dry right? But is there more to it?

It's a non washable hose and that is lining, rust and deterioration of whatever else the hose is made up of.

NonWashable - Exposed Inner Metal Coil. Cannot be washed with water.
Washable - Wrapped Inner Metal Coil. Can Be washed but not frequently. Does not mean Rustproof.
Rust Proof - No Inner Coil, can be washed as often as wanted. Is considered Washable.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1345266678' post='554368']
It's a non washable hose and that is lining, rust and deterioration of whatever else the hose is made up of.

[/quote]

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :wacko:

Ok, my phone doesn't seem to want to cooperate. So I'll get some pictures up tomorrow when it's light out.

Side note: the hose tastes awful. It is one of my friends extra hoses he is letting me borrow to see if I like it better. The thing tastes of burnt. No other flavor I can put with it. If I inhale through the hose unattached to the hookah, that is when the taste/smell presents itself.

Ok so my hoses aren't washable.

What is my best bet to clean them after a session? Just blow them out the best I can?

Those nuhoses look they would be good for me. Since they have the clear tubing, I can see when it is fully clean. Anyone have complaints about those? They seem fairly cheap too

You gotta throw those nonwashables out at this point if you are inhaling rust particles. There's no saving them. In the future, though, just blow out the nonwashable hose whenever you are done smoking and it'll last longer. You cannot in any way wash them.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Snowdrifter' timestamp='1345340724' post='554429']
Ok so my hoses aren't washable.

What is my best bet to clean them after a session? Just blow them out the best I can?

Those nuhoses look they would be good for me. Since they have the clear tubing, I can see when it is fully clean. Anyone have complaints about those? They seem fairly cheap too
[/quote]

For non washable hoses like my Mya Hoses I just take outside and swing them around like I am gonna rope a calf.

Nu hoses are nice but they super light weight I like my hoses to have weight to them I would suggest Nammor, Razan, Narbish.
  • Upvote 1

sounds like they've covered it already. I have a Razan Abu Mahir and it is a great hose. I also have had a few KM nonwashables, that i really like the draw and weight on, however, i don't wash my hoses at all so I'm on with the nonwashable.

I've heard great things about the Narbish hoses and I've used nuhoses and liked them, but as stuie said, the lack of weight is kind of irritating

oh for those nuhoses be careful because they are super light and also can melt pretty easy. But i recommend the tonic hoses if u wanna see whats inside and what not and they have a good amount of colors i really enjoyed mine.