Tangiers new bowl pics

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Scalliwag'] [quote name='Anpu']  [quote name='Scalliwag'] I am thinking that Tangiers has played with cars in the past. Because alot of his lingo is in line with making an intake and exhaust system flow on a car that you want to make run really fast. Intake runners and plenums are effected by turbulence and effect the flow in the VERY same manner he explained.  It would not surprise me at all if he comes up with a forced induction system and gives us horsepower specs in the future. Either way I absolutely admire the way he does not stay within the realm of "how things are supposed to be" and ventures off the beaten path.As Skimo "SO ELIQUENTLY" stated earlier we are glad to be the recipients of his hard work and most excellent pursuit of pioneering in our shared love of the hookah [;0]  [/quote] Hmm... an FI hookah? That could get interesting... we might have to get some liquid that cools the smoke more efficiently since FI usually means extreme temperatures haha ok but will it outrun my WS6? [/quote] yep, you'll need a frontmount intercooler and either a screw on base or good boot clamps if you wanna crank the boost on that bad boy! Probably need a catchcan too [/quote] bah... I'll get my FMIC along with a 88mm turbo pushing 35lbs of boost... ugh... just wait till my bottom end hears of this *POP!* lol... I'm only putting down 353rwhp at the moment though... I think I need to crank it up to catch up with any upcomming developments Tangiers puts out hahah *sorry for the off-topic, mods!

[quote name='Anpu']bah... I'll get my FMIC along with a 88mm turbo pushing 35lbs of boost... ugh... just wait till my bottom end hears of this *POP!* lol... I'm only putting down 353rwhp at the moment though... I think I need to crank it up to catch up with any upcomming developments Tangiers puts out    hahah *sorry for the off-topic, mods!  [/quote] Think about this, you know your burning too rich when you start coughing and putting out a lot of smoke. At least with hookahs if you run lean you won't detonate and blow the vase!

[quote name='Lukasa']Wait wait wait.  That looks really awesome.  But how exactly does it burn the tobacco without the superheated air flowing directly through the shisha??  Is direct contact with foil  the way the shisha heats up?  I imagine that with the juices maintained in the shisha the flavor might be much better, but how does it do as far as thickness?[/quote] Still wondering, if anyone can shed some light.

[quote name='Lukasa'] [quote name='Lukasa'] Wait wait wait.  That looks really awesome.  But how exactly does it burn the tobacco without the superheated air flowing directly through the shisha??  Is direct contact with foil  the way the shisha heats up?  I imagine that with the juices maintained in the shisha the flavor might be much better, but how does it do as far as thickness?[/quote] Still wondering, if anyone can shed some light.[/quote] My guess is that the super heated air is passing through the hole in the bowl and heating the bowl thus heating the shisha. I've been wrong before but that is my theory.

[quote name='Scalliwag'] My guess is that the super heated air is passing through the hole in the bowl and heating the bowl thus heating the shisha. I've been wrong before but that is my theory.[/quote] That seems like you'd just be getting tons of hot air passing right through the bowl without heating the shisha that much. Maybe direct contact with the foil is crucial?

kick ass concept..  good lord does that look ginormous on that QT. also, guys.. remember that much of the smoke when smoking a hookah is created by direct heat contact from the bowl to the shisha.. the ceramic bowl holds the heat in from the coals (that's why you work around the edges first with the coals, to heat up the bowl).. when you draw in, it pulls the smoke from the tobacco up and into the big hold of the bowl, because that's the only place it can go from the negative pressure you're creating by drawing in.

[quote name='Lukasa'] That seems like you'd just be getting tons of hot air passing right through the bowl without heating the shisha that much.  Maybe direct contact with the foil is crucial?[/quote] But heat rises and like you said it seems as though the hot air would have to pass through the shisha. But if the heat from the coals get pulled through one small hole it is going to compress and make it even hotter.I'm thinking that bowl is really hot because the heat is going to dissapate across the bowl closest to the hole and under the shisha. Again, I could be wrong. Tangiers will clear it up though.

i wonder if you could put the bowl in the oven for like 10 mins ... get it hot ... handle with care put the tobacco in cover it with aluminum with holes in it then light a coal and will it light up much faster/ more even smoke throughout ?

I am guessing you would need to be careful just how hot you got it since the rubber grommet can only take so much heat. Usually within a few good draws it starts coming around so it would take more trouble to preheat I'm thinking. Technically it would work though.

woot there site is update, you can now get the bowl off the site!![url="http://www.hookahkings.com/Ceramic-Inverted-Funnel-Hookah-Bowl-c-277-p-18925.html"]http://www.hookahkings.com/Ceramic-Inverte...77-p-18925.html[/url]

[quote name='Scalliwag'] [quote name='Lukasa']  That seems like you'd just be getting tons of hot air passing right through the bowl without heating the shisha that much.  Maybe direct contact with the foil is crucial?[/quote] But heat rises and like you said it seems as though the hot air would have to pass through the shisha. But if the heat from the coals get pulled through one small hole it is going to compress and make it even hotter.I'm thinking that bowl is really hot because the heat is going to dissapate across the bowl closest to the hole and under the shisha. Again, I could be wrong. Tangiers will clear it up though.[/quote] Haha, yeah. We'll have to wait for tangiers to confirm how it works. Hurray for our pseudo-scientific explanations, though.

[quote name='Lukasa'] [quote name='Scalliwag']  [quote name='Lukasa']  That seems like you'd just be getting tons of hot air passing right through the bowl without heating the shisha that much.  Maybe direct contact with the foil is crucial?[/quote] But heat rises and like you said it seems as though the hot air would have to pass through the shisha. But if the heat from the coals get pulled through one small hole it is going to compress and make it even hotter.I'm thinking that bowl is really hot because the heat is going to dissapate across the bowl closest to the hole and under the shisha. Again, I could be wrong. Tangiers will clear it up though.[/quote] Haha, yeah. We'll have to wait for tangiers to confirm how it works. Hurray for our pseudo-scientific explanations, though.[/quote] the real question is, how does it smoke!!

And how much does it hold? I'm very interested in this...I really wanna buy one, but I'm just wary it will use loads of tobacco, and there's typically only 1-3 people smoking my hookah at a time.

[quote name='GuyWithTheGun']And how much does it hold? I'm very interested in this...I really wanna buy one, but I'm just wary it will use loads of tobacco, and there's typically only 1-3 people smoking my hookah at a time.[/quote] I'm wondering the same thing. If it holds 50+ g of tobacco, it doesnt really suit my needs. I am not going to pack a 50g bowl, because a) its not necessary to have that much shisha in a bowl and B) i dont plan on smoking for 6+ hours.

there comes in the simple factor you could save it because the juices are draining out, they're held in the bowl, lol just not to sure how right i am about it but it seems like it would be true

[quote name='Lukasa']Wait wait wait.  That looks really awesome.  But how exactly does it burn the tobacco without the superheated air flowing directly through the shisha??  Is direct contact with foil.  I imagine that with the juices maintained in the shisha the flavor might be much better, but how does it do as far as thickness?  does it get hot enough.  Damn I want one.  Where can I get one?  Hookahkings?[/quote]Liuke I've said before hot air does nothing. This may prove it to some people. Direct conduction is the only viable means of heat transfer in this system.

[quote name='Scalliwag']I am thinking that Tangiers has played with cars in the past. Because alot of his lingo is in line with making an intake and exhaust system flow on a car that you want to make run really fast. Intake runners and plenums are effected by turbulence and effect the flow in the VERY same manner he explained.  It would not surprise me at all if he comes up with a forced induction system and gives us horsepower specs in the future. Either way I absolutely admire the way he does not stay within the realm of "how things are supposed to be" and ventures off the beaten path.As Skimo "SO ELIQUENTLY" stated earlier we are glad to be the recipients of his hard work and most excellent pursuit of pioneering in our shared love of the hookah [;0]  [/quote] Chemical Engineer actually. I always know what's wrong with broken cars, but don't know have the experience to fix them all the time. You're sweet. Thanks for the compliments

Skimo's right. The reason tobacco loses its potentcy is that the juices drain away...if you don't believe me, look at the water in the jar. I can remember seeing juice dribble into the jar, presumably dribbling down the inside of the shank as well, and thinking "what a waste". Look at the water in the jar when you use a new head. You will notice something is slightly different about the water. It is far cleaner, but it seems to take on a slimy appearance. This is because far more stuff is being filtered out. Since the water is cleaner for so long, the water filters better for longer, too. The entrance of juice in the water reduces and eliminates its filtering power extremely quickly.Essentially, gravity has no part in the process of smoking, the vapor is very dense and hangs around in the head like a fog bank (I've never looked, this is my conjecture). Of course, if enough is produced, the thermal from the charcoal and the vapor pressure of the water forcing its way back up the shank from the jar cause a smoke plume. Now, the juice draining away IS affected by gravity. Without holes at the lowest level for gravity to draw it down, it will last longer. The smoke however will follow a negative pressure (actually the now-overpressure of 14.7 PSI atmospheric pressure is what drives it)and doesn't care about gravity...so why have holes at the bottom?Did that make ANY sense??? I designed this with another purpose in mind...one day I said "why not put tobacco in it?" I did and WOW! It worked too well. Sorry for the triple post...so many questions and comments.