Tangiers new bowl pics

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a cool idea. poke holes right above the tobacco, so the air passes through the tobacco and down the middle once you start inhaling. i think you'd get better control and less burnage too, because youd be able to move the coal around the end.tangiers has started a shisha revolution. gotta get me one of these - if not for anything else but the cool factor

Wow... that looks awesome. I believe Tangiers previously said that you have to call hookahkings directly to order the new bowl, that they do have them just haven't updated the site. I really want to try that bowl, really good idea.Actually, now that I think about it... It was meant to be. My main bowl broke just in time to get a new bowl... a NEW Tangiers bowl.

[quote name='Blue Lantern']Is it just the angle or is that bowl really big? It makes the QT seem so tiny, craziness.[/quote] all of Tangiers bowls seem to be pretty huge. theyre really long (lengthwise) and you can fit lots of tobacco in them. He explained to me why he makes them so long but i forget. some scientific reason. made sense at the time though.

Hole poking...I actually poke holes All around, and then poke a central (or an five point X) above the center post. Some people hate poking holes above the center post, others insist on it. I once poked a ring of holes around the outside edge and a couple dead center, with none in the huge torroidal are in between and it also smokes fine. I hope you guys like this...its taken me a year to get it just right. JTemes, Here is why they are so long: the drop off when the taper comes to an end causes turbulence. If the neck is too short, the turbulent flow will make an irregular hit. A longer neck allows the turbulence to subside.

I am thinking that Tangiers has played with cars in the past. Because alot of his lingo is in line with making an intake and exhaust system flow on a car that you want to make run really fast. Intake runners and plenums are effected by turbulence and effect the flow in the VERY same manner he explained. It would not surprise me at all if he comes up with a forced induction system and gives us horsepower specs in the future. Either way I absolutely admire the way he does not stay within the realm of "how things are supposed to be" and ventures off the beaten path.As Skimo "SO ELIQUENTLY" stated earlier we are glad to be the recipients of his hard work and most excellent pursuit of pioneering in our shared love of the hookah [;0]  

Wait wait wait. That looks really awesome. But how exactly does it burn the tobacco without the superheated air flowing directly through the shisha??  Is direct contact with foil. I imagine that with the juices maintained in the shisha the flavor might be much better, but how does it do as far as thickness? does it get hot enough. Damn I want one. Where can I get one? Hookahkings?

[quote name='DizzyGuy']Scroll up for the "where to get" :P  But I'm guessing that it works just as good or better as his old bowls considering that he has been perfecting it for a year :D[/quote] I knew that I can't wait until my Tangiers cocoa and apricot arrives. I got a sample of watermelon from mushrat once, but i couldnt get it to smoke right  It tasted really really good, but i had the ol' thin/harsh problem that tangiers newbies usually have.

[quote name='DizzyGuy']I'm gonna order some Tangiers after I get his bowl sometime... I really want to try cocoa and a good fruit.  Expecially the F-Line...[/quote] I am intimidated by the F-line Tangiers' new mexican-hat bowl is definitely going to be my next purchase. Anybody know how much it is?