Shisha At Gas Stations?

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1344812920' post='553911']
[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1344803801' post='553898']
and this is why mush is an admin, ignore me lol
[/quote]

Huh?
[/quote]

i had said something along the lines that i have never heard of that and it doesnt seem likely to me but ya know illinois and smoking dont really go along well, either way that would be awesome if we had a gas station that had shisha stock save me some time.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1344831075' post='553937']
This answer probably won't help you much, but every time I have seen shisha at a gas station it has been a junk brand.
[/quote]

Agreeeeed... I'd be worried about hookah gear found at gas stations.

Hmm yeah good point. I didn't think of that.

I called up my local Chevron and they said they carried some shisha. I'm going to scout it out tomorrow

Anything you guys would say specifically to stay away from? Be it shisha or coals? I'm always open to trying new things, but I don't want to waste on things that are known to be garbage haha

most people on here would tell you to stay away from starbuzz(Gives most people headaches), hookah hookah(flavor lasts about 20 min and most are weak), and fantasia (only because it says 50g and half of it is juice :/) there are most likely others but older more wise people might chime in. Try for Al Fakher and if your lucky Nakhla. Hope i helped.

Starbuzz isn't bad, kind of expensive and we don't like their politics if you will, but not a bad smoke The HookahHookah is good advice. Stay clear. The smoker friendly here carries Pharaohs. Brown plastic locking jars. *I* am not fond of it and its expensive but i do know people who say its not bad.

Nakhla is like the budweiser of shisha, it's unwashed so it packs a punch and is almost impossible to burn, but most of the flavours leave a bit to be desired.

If you are going with quicklight coals try to find 3 kings or Akhla. Most likely to find 3 kings in a gas station. If you see exotica finger coals and have a burner to start them, grab them.

And now others will chip in with their advice. :)

Oh, almost forgot, is you see bluish boxes and that say Jewel...RUN.

every discount smoke shop and gas station in Knoxville carry Jewel only. Avoid this stuff at all cost. It is evil and will probably take advantage of you in your sleep. Don't wake up sticky,broke and confused...Do Not buy Jewel.
Ray
  • Upvote 1

I found Shisha at a gas station once... it was Rosetta... all they had was Guava.... ruined me on guava for years!!!!!

[quote name='SundayFundaysTV' timestamp='1344886654' post='554000']
"Nakhla is like the Budweiser of shisha." I love that quote Mush haha
[/quote]
been using that one for years. But it is true in a lot of ways. :)

Went to the station today and they didn't have it :(

But went to a shop and picked up my first hookah :D And some Al Fakher 2 for a dollar. Gotta love dealz
[IMG]http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/chance1525/Mobile%20Uploads/S__2195.jpg[/IMG]

How much was the hookah? No offense, but just going to go ahead and let you know it is a not-very-well-made Chinese one and won't last you long (it's going to break down and rust eventually). But hey, as long as it smokes and you like it, no worries. :)

As for decent local places to pick up tobacco and coals, try looking up Middle Eastern grocery stores in your area. They tend to have "hookah sections" and will hopefully carry the more traditional stuff, like Nakhla and Al Fakher, and Coconaras or Exoticas for coals. Some I've come across have carried nothing but Starbuzz for tobacco and nothing but Three Kings or Goldens for coals. You'll eventually find out that natural coals are way better than quicklights. Either way, if all else fails, there's ordering online from the few good sites that are left.

Also, try splitting those QLs in half, and placing the two halves on opposite sides of the bowl. Should yield better heat management, and a better smoking experience. ;)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]

"Nakhla is like the Budweiser of shisha." I love that quote Mush haha[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]been using that one for years. But it is true in a lot of ways. [/font][/color] :)

It really is, big Nakhla fan just for the fact it is consistant every smoke, haha that is how I'm now gonna describe it to friends that come over to my house that have never had hookah I'm just gonna start out with that quote. :D

[quote name='SundayFundaysTV' timestamp='1344935751' post='554040']

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]"Nakhla is like the Budweiser of shisha." I love that quote Mush haha[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]been using that one for years. But it is true in a lot of ways. [/font][/color] :)

It really is, big Nakhla fan just for the fact it is consistant every smoke, haha that is how I'm now gonna describe it to friends that come over to my house that have never had hookah I'm just gonna start out with that quote. :D
[/quote]

Feel free to pass it along. :)

I can't remember if its original or a quote from someone else on the forum long time ago. Either way.....

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1344923053' post='554032']
How much was the hookah? No offense, but just going to go ahead and let you know it is a not-very-well-made Chinese one and won't last you long (it's going to break down and rust eventually). But hey, as long as it smokes and you like it, no worries. :)

As for decent local places to pick up tobacco and coals, try looking up Middle Eastern grocery stores in your area. They tend to have "hookah sections" and will hopefully carry the more traditional stuff, like Nakhla and Al Fakher, and Coconaras or Exoticas for coals. Some I've come across have carried nothing but Starbuzz for tobacco and nothing but Three Kings or Goldens for coals. You'll eventually find out that natural coals are way better than quicklights. Either way, if all else fails, there's ordering online from the few good sites that are left.

Also, try splitting those QLs in half, and placing the two halves on opposite sides of the bowl. Should yield better heat management, and a better smoking experience. ;)
[/quote]

No offense taken. I know it's a cheapo one haha. I just didn't want to get too invested in it until I knew for sure this is an activity I will continue in a few years time :)

The bowl that came with it sucked though. Way too shallow for me and burned the shisha very easily (at least for me as a beginner) so I picked up a vortex bowl. Soo much better haha. It might not last but it smokes nice :D

Could you explain what breaking the coal in half does and if I would need to poke a different hole pattern in the foil?

I started doing that too and splitting them in half helped to not burn the tobacco and make the bowl last longer and yummier.

But what really helped in the end was to stop using quicklights and use natural ones...

Um, ok..you know you have to plug the other hose port when not being used right? If 2 of you are smoking the person who isnt hitting has to put their thumb over the end of the hose to keep air from being pulled in through the hose. If you are smoking it by yourself a wad of wet paper towel will block the unused port. I doubt there is an autoseal system on that hookah. Just thought i'd mention that little fact in case you were unaware.

The REASON splitting the ql in half works is it distributes the heat from the coal more. You get the same about of heat, but it doesn't hotspot the tobacco under the foil causing it to actually burn instead of reaching vaporization temp. :)