[Car Related] How Much Would You Pay For...

Marlow

How much would you pay someone to wash and wax your car? Along with interior cleaning. This is not paying someone professional to do it.
If you would like to reply, please either give a range or an exact price of what you would pay, comfortably. I am looking to make some side money,
so I thought washing cars with some detail work would help get a little cash flow going.

i wouldn't let anyone not non professional touch my car, but if you were qualified to do a detail job i'd pay around 50. and by being qualified i mean, actually being able to do it, not having a paper saying you can lol. So you would probably have to throw a free detail job my way to prove it so. I pay my current guy (a buddy of my brother) 75 bucks a job, i normally get him to do it about once a month. Takes him about 2-3 hours to do it. I guess its decent pocket money.

I guess I should say my bro does it on the side right now in Memphis and he can really put some work into it... And by that, I mean up to 8 hours of work, resulting in $100 or so in his pocket. ;) That's a FULL detail job, claybar and everything...

[quote]Simple wash, or all out wash/polish/wax/vacuuming/etc.? [/quote]

All out. I washed a neighbor's Audi A4. You can tell it was a brand new car that had been driven for a while now. It had minor dirt spots on the bottom and bugs on the front. I was payed $25 for washing it and cleaning the inside (vacuuming, etc.) It me about a good 2 hours. I was going to post on my Facebook that I am willing to detail anyone's car for $x.xx amount. I love cars, so I like to keep mine clean. I like to do a good job. Edited by Marlow

If you did wash, wax, and vacuum I'd be happy to go say $40. But that's my Hummer. If it were a smaller vehicle like a car I'd be comfortable with $30.

I'd have to see you wash a car first. I'm particular about procedure. For instance, if someone wiped down my doors with the same rag they wiped down my rims...I'd ask them to pay me money and I'd probably yell at them up until I drove away.

But, for someone who knew what they were doing...a basic wash, dry, vacuum and wipe down interior would easily be 40 dollars out of my pocket. Edited by Arcane

Quick wash/wax and interior vacuum and dust? between $30 and $50 depending on quality of work.

I did detailing to fund myself through HS too. Worked pretty well. Make sure you take your time and do good work so you have references to fall back on. Also offer a small discount or credit or something for recommendations so you can pull in some customers ;)

As long as you used the rag to dry off the rims LAST, it wouldn't bother me TOO much, I guess... I personally use this: http://www.amazon.com/The-Absorber-Synthetic-Drying-Chamois/dp/B0000AY69V to dry off my car, and I use paper towels to dry off my rims, since there can still be some dirt and stuff on them, even after the wash (not when I handwash, moreso when I go through the automatic down the street... I scrub the hell out of my rims when I handwash, so no dirt left behind then).

You said all out, but you didn't mention the polish or wax part... I'd pay upwards of $50 if you washed, polished, waxed, and vacuumed/wiped-down the interior. For a wash, dry, vacuum/wipe-down, I wouldn't pay anymore than $20. Keep in mind this is for an "amateur," meaning not an established detailing business, but someone who is just doing it on the side. Those prices would be for a small car (2007 Ford Focus). I'd expect to pay a bit more for a bigger vehicle.

[quote name='kenshinx23' timestamp='1344806976' post='553902']i wouldn't let anyone not non professional touch my car, but if you were qualified to do a detail job i'd pay around 50. and by being qualified i mean, actually being able to do it, not having a paper saying you can lol. So you would probably have to throw a free detail job my way to prove it so. I pay my current guy (a buddy of my brother) 75 bucks a job, i normally get him to do it about once a month. Takes him about 2-3 hours to do it. I guess its decent pocket money.[/quote]

What he said but, im not crazy about my truck anyone can wash it Ben jr high kids car wash lol. But 50$

Man, this makes me like my old retired military iron better all the time.

How much? Inside and out, 2.50$ Open the doors, and fire up the pressure washer.
Don't scratch that CARC paint!

Really what you should do is wash the car with a dish soap to remove all of the old wax. Clay bar the car to remove any contaminants that are not removed from the soap. Then wax the car and rims. Remember to wash the rims and tires first and not last. Then detail the interior. That being said ~50 but I don't let anyone touch my cars.