Hookah + Dip

I dip occasionally and was wondering if anyone puts in a dip and smokes hookah at the same time. Seems like overkill but was just wondering.

i would think that the taste of the dip would overpower any of the hookah smoke, plus you also have the issue that you could get some of the juice on the hose for some reason which i could see as a pain to clean. but thats just me and thats why i dont dip.

I dip occasionally... I've never combined them. I bet DA and Mint dip would be pretty good. I'd probably get a buzz get sick though. As low class and undignified as I am, I'm not sure I would do that...

I know a lot of people dip before they smoke to get thier nicotine going, like while they are packing and waiting for coals and what not. but personally i dont like it or do it, but i would assume it would be over skill in my mind .

I personally find dip disgusting, so I would never try both at the same time
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1344603329' post='553789']
I use Sweedish snus but no I have never done both at the same time, I like to enjoy each on their own.
[/quote]
Same here. Swedish snus is great for those times you can't smoke. I use it all day at work - nobody knows you're using it unless you tell them. No excess juice, no spitting, and lots of great flavors.
I'm partial to Probe Whiskey, Ettan, and Skruf regular portions.

Well I am a big time xtra sterk fan so I usually use thunder los or skruf xtra stark slim portions. But If I am in the mood for one during the day I use regular strength which would be Granit, Grovsnus, or goteborgs rape.

Skruf has got to have one of the most unique and delicious tobacco flavors I have ever had in my life!

I like an occasional Grov Svart, especially with my morning coffee. I don't have many portions of it left because it's temporarily unavailable in the U.S. -- damned regulators.

American-made Camel is pure crap, but I bought some REAL Camel snus way back before they stopped selling it to us. Wish I could still get it.

I still miss Claq Qui. I couldn't buy enough of it before it was gone forever.

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1344727363' post='553853']
Camel snus gave us mouth sores

*Comments in this post do not necessarily reflect those of Tangiers Tobacco*
[/quote]

all dip and dip like products give me mouth sores.

i think the flavor of the dip would kill the flavor of the shisha

and you would most likely shit you pants half way in : )

Have you tried Sweedish Snus skeet? Not camel, not marlboro, nothing made in the USA only produced and manufactured in Sweeden? It is COMPLETELY different than anything we have in the states.

The range of flavors is insane and the range of nicotine content per gram goes from 4mg per 1g of tobacco all the way up to 24mg per 1 gram. Also it is considered the safest form of tobacco use out there from what I understand!

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1344797339' post='553890']Have you tried Sweedish Snus skeet? Not camel, not marlboro, nothing made in the USA only produced and manufactured in Sweeden? It is COMPLETELY different than anything we have in the states.

The range of flavors is insane and the range of nicotine content per gram goes from 4mg per 1g of tobacco all the way up to 24mg per 1 gram. Also it is considered the safest form of tobacco use out there from what I understand![/quote]

Safer than hookah?

Either way. Im guessing we cant get it in the states, right?

You can order it online from various sites with no issues so you can get it, just have to order it.

From what I understand one of the more popular brands called "general" is available at a lot of places, we have General at Cumberland Farms here in MA.

From what I know, it is the SAFEST form of tobacco use. Every doctor, group, you name it has failed to prove it causes anything. They even removed the labels that say it causes cancer, all it says now is "this may negatively affect your health". All Sweedish snus manufacturers are forced to abide by gothiatek standards since snus is considered a food product there. All ingredients are put right on the can and consist of water, tobacco, a humectant, salt, baking soda (basically), and aroma. If you ever see a warning label that states it can cause mouth cancer or tooth loss on snus it is because the USA mandates warnings on all Sweedish snus that comes into the states from Sweeden. Heck people visit V2, Sweedish Match, and many other manufacturers all the time to get a tour of the place. Also if you ever have an issue with anything, you can email the owners and they actually ... wait for it ... RESPOND! The industry is much like the hookah industry where it isn't all corporate mumbo jumbo and you can get in touch with the creators and owners.

If you think Tangiers packs a kick, try some of the extra sterk snus, it will destroy you.

I buy from snuscentral,other sites have more variety but snuscentral has always gotten my orders to me with no problems so I stick with them. Shipping is expensive but since snus is cheaper than dip and oral products local to me even with the high shipping it is cheaper for me. I buy about 50-60 cans at a time and throw it on the freezer, if you freeze them they last forever, even 5-6 years after expiration they are fine if you freeze them.

Snus manufacturers also do a lot of limited edition stuff, Christmas blends, Summer blends, etc that only last for a few months then they don't produce it anymore which is really cool.

And unlike American pouches which are usually weak and you need to use 2,3,4 pouches at a time to get anything, sweedish pouches kick you in the face, generally they raise the PH in the pouches a bit higher than the loose so the nicotine gets in the blood stream easier making a pouch or "portions" just as efficient as loose.

As I use snus more and more it is becoming my go to tobacco over hookah. It is just so convenient, more realistic, and perfected tobacco flavors, and PROVEN to be as close to safe as I think we are going to get, where as hookah for the most part is a sweeter tobacco taste and has a lot of unknowns still.

It is nothing like dip, you are supposed to swallow, not spit, you can spit if you want but for the most part the spit will just be clear. It is completely safe to swallow and doesn't cause any harm. Some with weak stomachs prefer to spit though.

If you have interest in it, read up on it studies done on it are every where and people are baffled at the results.

Heck Sweeden has the lowest rate of oral cancer and they are the biggest oral tobacco users because of SNUS, that tells you something.

I tried General, picked it up at a cigar lounge. I can't even remember what I tried specifically, but I enjoyed it. If I went in there more often, I would probably pick up a can of it. Online ordering doesn't really interest me, I don't want to drop that much on snus.

Mattarios - you rock them in your upper lip, right? Is the stuff you listed off loose or packets?

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1344727363' post='553853']
[/quote]

How many people you have in there?

[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1344819227' post='553918']
I tried General, picked it up at a cigar lounge. I can't even remember what I tried specifically, but I enjoyed it. If I went in there more often, I would probably pick up a can of it. Online ordering doesn't really interest me, I don't want to drop that much on snus.

Mattarios - you rock them in your upper lip, right? Is the stuff you listed off loose or packets?
[/quote]

Yes, I use loose and portions both in the upper lip.

You can usually get flavors in both portion or loose, some though only come in portion. The only ones I listed that I use that are portions are the skruf and phantom, everything else I use is loose or los as they call it. About 85% of the time I use los, it has better mouth feel, better taste, better buzz, better everything.

Portions are just nice for convenience.

• 2 years later...

​seconded, Camel Snus are trying to bring a timeless swedish concept into the American consumers market without doing proper groundwork. Nothing can beat real swedish snus, as easy is.. I don't know of a single brand here in america that successfully pulls it off at least.

I ordered swedish snus from some website and after about 4-5 days I got my delivery and it was fucking amazing!!

I tried some flavours.

the one flavour had a unique burn that I'm not sure if I could sting with for a longer duration of time, but it's easily good enough to grab a roll
but the other flavour, oh man .. It's quite something, well balanced spices .. worth every penny!

• Upvote 1