Hello! How's Everyone?

I just joined a few hookah forums, so if any of you are members of more than one and recognize overlap, I hope you can forgive me. I'll try not to repeat myself very much... heh...

Anyways...

So I live in Boca Raton, FL. I go to school, here (Florida Atlantic University).

Got my hookah set-up in Israel back in December 2011. Small one, but everything was made in Israel. Definitely hoping to upgrade, though... [i]much[/i] larger hookah (can you get one with four hoses?), better bowl, screen (instead of tinfoil), better coals (the Israeli ones I have are good, but they ash and fall apart way too easily... took my brother to a place in Del Ray called Breathe that used Palestinian coals, and it burned a hell of a lot longer and cleaner... and not as harsh), a cage for the bowl, etc. Also hoping to get a travel/portable hookah that can fit into a car's cupholder.

Hoping to learn how to make my own shisha as well.

Hookah and cigars are about the only way I smoke tobacco anymore, and I may be giving up cigars as soon as I can afford an e-cig (personal vaporizer). I vape as well, but I don't [i]smoke[/i] very much anymore... I don't like hot, dry smoke and the way it makes my throat feel. And I use ice in my hookah.

So anyways...

Hi!

(For the record, in talking about how I'd like to upgrade my collection, I use words like "hope" and "hoping" instead of "planning" because I'm quite poor... so it's more a wishlist than anything...)

First off welcome

Secondly most of us here will probably say that foil is the way to go. Screens work but I have found they let lots of ash in the bowl, are a bitch to clean sometimes and wot form to the tobacco making packing bowls more annoying not to big a deal but I find smoking is better with foil

Also sorry for the double post but I forgot most people here will say multi hose hookahs are kind of pointless. No one can take drags at the same time so passing the hose is easier. No confusion between who can pull when.

Hm... joining all these forums... this is the first time I'm reading negatives about screens. Offline, at least here in Florida, screens seem to be the way to go. Everyone I know who does hookah has used screens, and at least four friends swear by them.

As to the hoses... it's a cosmetic thing. I look the look of 4 hoses.

Well hookah is all preference :D whatever you enjoy someone else might so all power to ya. Of you are deeply wanting a multiuser well built hookah I would suggest mya saray. They are a Chinese brand but unlike most chinese pipes they are well built and can last

I'll have to agree with Coleman here. The metal screens always give me issues, they're a pain in the butt to clean, I've noticed a flavor from smoking with a screen before as well. But screens are like.. 2 or 4 dollars or something, so no harm in giving it a try and finding out how you personally like it! :D

Also, multi-hose hookahs tend to be a pain as well. The auto-seals that most come with tend to not work very well, and when you dont have an auto seal you ALWAYS have to have all of the other hoses plugged up otherwise you can't smoke properly. But again, if you dig them, go for it!

[quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1344312846' post='553516']Well hookah is all preference :D whatever you enjoy someone else might so all power to ya. Of you are deeply wanting a multiuser well built hookah I would suggest mya saray. They are a Chinese brand but unlike most chinese pipes they are well built and can last[/quote]

I've actually been looking at Mya Saray over at Hookah-Shisha. They are very nice.

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1344312873' post='553517']
I'll have to agree with Coleman here. The metal screens always give me issues, they're a pain in the butt to clean, I've noticed a flavor from smoking with a screen before as well. But screens are like.. 2 or 4 dollars or something, so no harm in giving it a try and finding out how you personally like it! :D[/quote]

Hm... things I'm reading are slowly changing my mind, to be honest. I mean, $2 is worth giving it a try, but... yeah...

[quote]Also, multi-hose hookahs tend to be a pain as well. The auto-seals that most come with tend to not work very well, and when you dont have an auto seal you ALWAYS have to have all of the other hoses plugged up otherwise you can't smoke properly. But again, if you dig them, go for it![/quote]

The auto-seals are ball bearings, right?

yeah, ball bearings.

They'll get stuck open on the hose ports and cause an air leak. and they make issues with purging, etc.

If you do go with a multihose setup, I'd suggest just a 2 hose pipe. That way it's easier to get around it.

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1344316453' post='553519']
yeah, ball bearings.

They'll get stuck open on the hose ports and cause an air leak. and they make issues with purging, etc.

If you do go with a multihose setup, I'd suggest just a 2 hose pipe. That way it's easier to get around it.
[/quote]

Hm.

Yeah... I'm second-guessing my want for a screen and a 4-hose hookah, now. I'm actually glad I joined the forums... :D

I'm going to take pictures of my hookah so others can help me identify exactly what brand it is and such. Where should I post the pics?