Update On Nargile Store

Well, just sharing the process in the case somebody wants to know.

- I placed the order with google chrome to translate the turkish to english
- I paid with cc
- I got an email saying the cost of the shipping was wrong (which I assumed since it was like $5) and if i wanted the hookah I had to send $120 more. I think it is quite reasonable for a 25 pounds hookah so agreed and send via MF the extra money.
- Got a tracking number which is not working. That is pretty normal since in the first days trackings don't usually work.

Seems I can not edit these posts so I made a new one.

Lol sorry check now.

For everyone else, they have added an English option for the site, and corrected the shipping fees. For the record, for a 628 shipped to the States, it's $120, $8 for a 618. This is roughly on par with what I paid in the days before they had a spiffed-up site.

Thats awesome Urloc! Seriously, post some smoking pics and even some close up shots!

Also if it isnt to much, take a shot of the packaging. Im curious to see how well they package hookahs and their vases for international shipment.

Oh, well, I can tell you that. It'll come in an Elmas box, with everything individually wrapped in lots of Turkish newspaper, with some styrofoam as reinforcement where needed. I can't remember if the glass has bubble wrap or not. My two orders from them both arrived fine.

Nargile store has tried to make an account here, unfortunately they went about it all wrong. :)

So im going to give them a chance to do it right and hopefully we will be hearing from them shortly.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1343832987' post='553054']
Nargile store has tried to make an account here, unfortunately they went about it all wrong. :)

So im going to give them a chance to do it right and hopefully we will be hearing from them shortly.
[/quote]

I have a hesitancy to order anything direct (without going through the eBay connection for example) internationally because so many people get burned doing so. Them making and maintaining an account here would go a very long way towards giving me reason to order from them direct. I wish more international vendors would consider it.

'Rani

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1343832987' post='553054']

[/quote]

We'll see what happens, the guy's English isn't fantastic
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1343834447' post='553061']
I have a hesitancy to order anything direct (without going through the eBay connection for example) internationally because so many people get burned doing so. Them making and maintaining an account here would go a very long way towards giving me reason to order from them direct. I wish more international vendors would consider it.

'Rani
[/quote]

I have yet to be burned after two orders, for the record. They did screw up an order but more than made up for it

Great stuff..... But I don't know..... I have a hard time justifying the shipping expense on top of less that insane deal considering we have two vendors right here that import for us, and we pay minimal shipping. Again, love the pipes, but $300 plus shipping? Nah.....

(Unless I'm reading the site totally wrong.......) EDIT: I think I might be.....

And Hass, they may be a perfectly good and decent vendor, however, I was only speaking about a general unease of ordering from any international company.

'Rani

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1343859556' post='553095']
I got an email from them finally saying they fixed their system, and it has accurate shipping charges and no taxes charged to us addresses.
[/quote]

oh yes? lets take a look see...

Hmmm, pretty good deals on the smaller items, shipping doesn't seem much different on the heavier stuff. ($163 incl shipping for a 639, $387 for a Papatya, which is what it's always been)

Site looks and functions great though.

I just emailed them telling them about how US residents are still charged for taxes, and they went into my profile and edited it so it has tax exempt: yes.

Now when I add stuff to my cart there is no KDV taxes, woo whoo, progress ... PROGRESS!

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1343859954' post='553099']
Great stuff..... But I don't know..... I have a hard time justifying the shipping expense on top of less that insane deal considering we have two vendors right here that import for us, and we pay minimal shipping. Again, love the pipes, but $300 plus shipping? Nah.....

(Unless I'm reading the site totally wrong.......) EDIT: I think I might be.....

And Hass, they may be a perfectly good and decent vendor, however, I was only speaking about a general unease of ordering from any international company.

'Rani
[/quote]

Some items are cheaper to buy from nargile, and some are cheaper to buy from our domestic vendors. Most of the time nargile is still cheaper even with the higher shipping costs.

Whoever is helping me speaks pretty good English.

They just made a product for me on their site for a hookah that normally doesn't come with a crystal vase ... the product they made has the crystal vase with it instead of the "standart" vase and updated pricing and everything ...

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1343921491' post='553154']
I just emailed them telling them about how US residents are still charged for taxes, and they went into my profile and edited it so it has tax exempt: yes.

Now when I add stuff to my cart there is no KDV taxes, woo whoo, progress ... PROGRESS!
[/quote]
[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1343922807' post='553157']
Whoever is helping me speaks pretty good English.

They just made a product for me on their site for a hookah that normally doesn't come with a crystal vase ... the product they made has the crystal vase with it instead of the "standart" vase and updated pricing and everything ...
[/quote]

OK, this is all awesome!

Thinking about a late birthday present to myself.

[URL]http://www.nargilestore.com/islemeli-pirinc-standart-nargile.html[/URL]

The thing is when it says 56 inc shipping is that literally saying shipping would be only like 9 bucks????