Which Shisha Smokes Best In What Type Of Bowl?

Maybe a mod could sticky (or pin) this or make a master thread or something. Maybe not.

But I thought this would be a cool thread for noobs (like myself).

Basically it's a simple thread. Which brands (and different lines of brands) smoke best in which bowls and how to pack those brands in those particular bowls.
I know there are plenty of threads that cover one type here and there. But one thread for ALL brands would be awesome! Edited by bruceg

Basically anything wet is better from a phunnel than a standard egyptian style bowl, although it can be done. Dryer stuff like nak smokes well in an Egy bowl but personally i prefer it from a phunnel. Tangiers phunnels are the best. Crown bowls are a solid alternative as is an alien phunnel although its harder to pack I find.

If you mainly smoke drier stuff then check out mattarios2's tutorials on packing Nak in a phunnel. Or check out reviews on the crown classic for an alternative to an origional style bowl.

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1342590697' post='551974']
Tangiers tobacco in tangiers phunnel bowls :ph34r:

lol
[/quote]

This, plus anything else in a large egyptian bowl.

You should be able to smoke anything in any bowl. Seriously, heat management is the key to a successful smoke. For instance i can smoke Tangiers in a phunnel, a smiley, a mya (both sizes), my fumo bowl, traditional egyptian bowl, modern chineese bowl, and even the weird mya bowl that comes with the Mozza. It really has nothing to do with the bowl.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1342617809' post='551978']
It really has nothing to do with the bowl.
[/quote]

While you can use any bowl, certain bowls make the packing process/heat management easier on yourself. While you can smoke Tangiers out of any bowl, it's just easier to smoke it out of a Tangiers Phunnel. Just like I'd rather smoke Fantasia or the juicer shisha's out of a Vortex or Phunnel, Al Fakher out of an Egyptian, etc.

i've smoked Tangiers out of tons of different bowls and everything else in tons of tobaccos so id say figure out how to pack it and how to heat it and ur set .[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1342617809' post='551978']
You should be able to smoke anything in any bowl. Seriously, heat management is the key to a successful smoke. For instance i can smoke Tangiers in a phunnel, [b]a smiley[/b], a mya (both sizes), my fumo bowl, traditional egyptian bowl, modern chineese bowl, and even the weird mya bowl that comes with the Mozza. It really has nothing to do with the bowl.
[/quote]

We actully have a Smiley bowl, i posted in a while bck i think in my collection. super cool bowl and we got the glass screen to :)

[quote name='romzz' timestamp='1342633222' post='552001']
[/quote]

While you can use any bowl, certain bowls make the packing process/heat management easier on yourself. While you can smoke Tangiers out of any bowl, it's just easier to smoke it out of a Tangiers Phunnel. Just like I'd rather smoke Fantasia or the juicer shisha's out of a Vortex or Phunnel, Al Fakher out of an Egyptian, etc.
[/quote]Actually, that's inaccurate.

It really doesn't have anything to do with the bowl. It's all about the person packing the bowl. I know there are one or two members here that can't get Tangiers to smoke well in a phunnel, but it smokes fine for them in an egyptian.

But, isn't the phunnel supposed to make packing Tangiers easier? Yes, for most people....but, not all.

Different strokes for different folks. The best advice I can give someone is to experiment. Once you find something that works, stick with it and tweak that particular set up. Don't jump around different coals, bowls or holes. Find the method you're most comfortable with and make it work for you.

So yeah, mush is pretty much right. Edited by Arcane
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1342642462' post='552020']
[/quote]

It really doesn't have anything to do with the bowl. It's all about the person packing the bowl. I know there are one or two members here that can't get Tangiers to smoke well in a phunnel, but it smokes fine for them in an egyptian.

But, isn't the phunnel supposed to make packing Tangiers easier? Yes, for most people....but, not all.

Different strokes for different folks. The best advice I can give someone is to experiment. Once you find something that works, stick with it and tweak that particular set up. Don't jump around different coals, bowls or holes. Find the method you're most comfortable with and make it work for you.

So yeah, mush is pretty much right.
[/quote]

Not to just add to the quote train, but this is spot on, and exactly how I feel.

That said, I use my Tangiers Mini Phunnels for most everything. I sometimes use my other bowls as well-

Tangiers Small Phunnel- Tangiers when I'm feeling like a longer than usual session (planning on smoking more than 3-4 hours).
Egyptian- Nakhla, sometimes other various stuff I get and try, such as AF, etc.
Male Turkish Clay Bowl- Nakhla.
Tiny Male Syrian/Lebanese Bowl- Quick smokes of Nakhla when I'm short on time, or to do quick tests of new brands/flavors I have not yet tried (good way to make those 50g packs last longer).

But yeah, it all comes down to the person and what they like. The above works best for me, but may not for others. Exactly why I put a disclaimer in my Tangiers Guide thread that not all methods will work for everyone.

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1342642462' post='552020']
[/quote]

So yeah, mush is pretty much right.
[/quote]

I agree with you guys completely, like I said you can use any bowl you'd like for whatever shisha you'd like. All I was hitting at is that for some people, especially people newer to hookah, using certain bowls will make the process easier.

aren't we so fricking helpful? :P

but I have to say I agree that knowing HOW to pack the bowl is as important as heat management.

And the Phunnel doesn't make smoking Tangiers easier, it makes it last longer.

I'm with Mush for the most part on this one. I mean, even when we are apart we are together <333333 wut um ok bowls and stuff

Tangiers you can smoke out of any bowl. There are different techniques that will allow you to get "better" results in each bowl. And the Tangiers Phunnels work best with Tangiers tobacco. They will give you the intended flavor, clouds and heat retention.

[...] a smiley [...]
[/quote]
My goodness I haven't heard that name in a long time!

Can't smoke it out of a cereal bowl!
Or popcorn bowl, or toilet..

[quote name='EternalSoil' timestamp='1343317392' post='552643']
[...] a smiley [...]
[/quote]
My goodness I haven't heard that name in a long time!

Can't smoke it out of a cereal bowl!
Or popcorn bowl, or toilet..
[/quote]Maybe you're not trying hard enough.... :D
  • Upvote 1